Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
0
No votes
Waitlisted
12
46%
Accepted
14
54%
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Image
2020* credit to urbanist11 for pretty much everything :mrgreen:

Admissions Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Duke Law School Video Tour

Application Resources
Application Information
Application FAQ
Application Status Checker

Admissions Process - What to expect when you're expecting
Duke
Incomplete
Complete (like, a day)
PT:
UR
UR 2: a few days before DLS
Decision Made, Watch for E-Mail

Non PT:
In Queue for Review
UR
?

Acceptances: Email, letter arrives later
Not acceptances: Email (some have received it at really weird hours)
Scholarships:
Email about a week or two later to fill out the application. Scholarships should be arriving before April 1st.

Image

Image

Duke c/o 2015 Destinations
New York (31.3% of 2015 grads)
North Carolina (13.5% of 2015 grads)
Washington, D.C. (9.1% of 2015 grads)

Fall 2016 Entering Class Profile
223 students enrolled (5,095 applicants)
LSAT Score 167/169/170
GPA 3.59/3.77/3.84
55% Men; 45% Women
31% Minority students

2016-17 Estimated Federal Student Expense Budget

Tuition $58,700
Medical Insurance $2,525
Health Fee (mandatory )$772
Law Student Activity Fee $110
Graduate Student Activity Fee $36
Graduate Student Services Fee $20
Recreation Fee $274
Transcript Fee (one time only) $40
Loan Fees $1,406
Rent & Utilities $8,658
Food $4,644
Books & Supplies $1,400
Personal/Miscellaneous $3,420
Local Transportation $1,746
TOTAL $83,751

Scholarship Interview List of Possible Questions
Why Law?
Why Duke?
What areas of law interests you?
Ability to talk about yourself and your resume.
Option to specify anything that might not be in the CSS and Scholarship Form (ex. "my parents aren't helping").
don't stress about this interview, it's very laid-back.

COA Calculator

Additional Financial Information
ABA 509 Disclosures
Scholarships

Previous Applicant Threads
Class of 2019
Class of 2018
Class of 2017

Duke Students Taking Questions
Duke 1L (soon to be 2L) Taking Questions

Class of 2020 Thread
TLS Class of 2020
Last edited by proteinshake on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am, edited 16 times in total.

User avatar
ponderingmeerkat
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Thanks for posting this up dude. Definitely one of my top 5 options. Good luck to all!

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

20170322
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Checking in!

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Last year people were getting priority track invites on August 14th so there's that. I don't think you can solicit for PT though, I think that's invite only.

User avatar
lymenheimer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:42 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.


This is accurate
Sincerely,
IsolicitedPT

texasforever54
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texasforever54 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:25 am

lymenheimer wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.


This is accurate
Sincerely,
IsolicitedPT



did you just send something similar to the standard fee waiver request email, or did you do anything special?

User avatar
lymenheimer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:44 am

texasforever54 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.


This is accurate
Sincerely,
IsolicitedPT



did you just send something similar to the standard fee waiver request email, or did you do anything special?

Nothin special.

User avatar
RamTitan
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 am

Checking in; it's in my top 3 for sure

20171lhopeful
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:55 am

lymenheimer wrote:
texasforever54 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.


This is accurate
Sincerely,
IsolicitedPT



did you just send something similar to the standard fee waiver request email, or did you do anything special?

Nothin special.


Mind sharing your email? I'm unsure how I would go about it...

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke School of Law c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 am

20171lhopeful wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
texasforever54 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Thanks for setting this up OP.

I'm looking to apply early, but suspect I'll be invited to the accelerated consideration so I want to wait on that. All my data is kind of old though (I updated my date, but I'm still scared of being overlooked)

Anybody get the invitation yet? If not will someone quote me when they get it?

I believe you can request a Priority Track application. I'd check the c/o 2019 thread to be sure, but IIRC I think I read that people were getting PT applications through solicitation. if so, just request one the day apps open.


This is accurate
Sincerely,
IsolicitedPT



did you just send something similar to the standard fee waiver request email, or did you do anything special?

Nothin special.


Mind sharing your email? I'm unsure how I would go about it...

Good morning,

My name is specialsnowflake and I was wondering if (schoolname) offered merit-based application fee waivers, and if I would qualify for one. I recently received my October 2011 LSAT score of xxx. I graduated this past May with an LSDAS GPA of x.xx. My LSAC account number is Lxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your help,

specialsnowflake

(viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191205)

replace fee waiver with Priority Track

tlsbat
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tlsbat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Was anyone else hoping that PT invites would go out today?

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:33 pm

tlsbat wrote:Was anyone else hoping that PT invites would go out today?

they come out before apps open??

tlsbat
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tlsbat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:44 pm

August 14 last year

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1571
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Checking in

patttt
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby patttt » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Checking in!

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:37 am

Odds the first pt's go out today?

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 am

taking poll requests

CicBob17
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CicBob17 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Checking in

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:03 pm

MEDIANS FOR 2016 ENTERING CLASS ARE THE SAME :!:

25ths up by +1 and .03

tlsbat
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tlsbat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Are we hoping for PT tomorrow?

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:30 pm

tlsbat wrote:Are we hoping for PT tomorrow?


I'm hoping for a pt everyday...

bloomsday
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 pm

.

Postby bloomsday » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:12 pm

.
Last edited by bloomsday on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Just received my pt, someone cue up the Ron Paul gif




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: icechicken, joooookchang and 10 guests