TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Kopetz

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by Kopetz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:30 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Checking in. Financial and time commitments aside, is there a downside to applying to lots of schools? I've got 27 on my list at the moment.
I think the standard advice is to apply as broadly as possible dude. Hustle for those waivers to reduce costs, but come scholly negotiation time, you'll be glad you can play Emory off GW off Vandy (or whatever your planned outcome might be).
That was my thinking too. I've got almost everything in the t25, plus a few safeties in former hometowns. It looks like service waivers will save me 700-900 dollars this application cycle, which is great.
didn't you slay the LSAT? doesn't seem necessary unless your GPA is super low. but do you.

also

can i pinch?
My uGPA is indeed super low. Little peench, but only if you can peench some sense into my 18 year old self.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Meer :)
Missed you bro! These last few weeks without a regular bitches/gripes/complaints outlet has been just a little less awesome.

I see you've become a very active participant around these parts too! Look at that post count.
Bruh, I remember hitting 1k posts and after that I don't even really remember the extra 700. Most of my posts are from shit-posting in the waiters thread/study group ;)

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:32 am

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Checking in. Financial and time commitments aside, is there a downside to applying to lots of schools? I've got 27 on my list at the moment.
Can't imagine there's a downside. Like even if it were something all the schools could know about (which it may very well be, idk), what're they gonna do, ding you for wanting to go to law school too badly?
U Chicago asks you to list all the other schools youre applying to. I guess an adcomm would be like wow at seeing a list of 27 schools. prob wouldnt influence the decision i think?

forum_user

Silver

Post by forum_user » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:33 am

Kopetz wrote: My uGPA is indeed super low. Little peench, but only if you can peench some sense into my 18 year old self.
hollup, huh?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am

R. Jeeves wrote: U Chicago asks you to list all the other schools youre applying to. I guess an adcomm would be like wow at seeing a list of 27 schools. prob wouldnt influence the decision i think?
Do they really? I didn't know this. Do you know what other schools do the same?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 am

Kopetz wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
I think the standard advice is to apply as broadly as possible dude. Hustle for those waivers to reduce costs, but come scholly negotiation time, you'll be glad you can play Emory off GW off Vandy (or whatever your planned outcome might be).
That was my thinking too. I've got almost everything in the t25, plus a few safeties in former hometowns. It looks like service waivers will save me 700-900 dollars this application cycle, which is great.
didn't you slay the LSAT? doesn't seem necessary unless your GPA is super low. but do you.

also

can i pinch?
My uGPA is indeed super low. Little peench, but only if you can peench some sense into my 18 year old self.
see my 18 year old self was way more on top of her shit than I am. you go girl

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 am

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote: My uGPA is indeed super low. Little peench, but only if you can peench some sense into my 18 year old self.
hollup, huh?
I meant, like, retroactively.

Edit:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
Didn't you also crush the LSAT?
Last edited by Kopetz on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

forum_user

Silver

Post by forum_user » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 am

Kopetz wrote:
forum_user wrote:
hollup, huh?
Phew okay for a second I was concerned we had a prodigy on our hands

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:42 am

Kopetz wrote:
forum_user wrote:
hollup, huh?

Edit:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
Didn't you also crush the LSAT?
18 yr old pretz woulda crushed harder, and wouldn't be hungover as fuck at work eating Brazilian cheese breads like they are apples

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TAD

Bronze

Post by TAD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:53 am

Kopetz wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

also

can i pinch?
Oh damn, was gon be like ain't this dude pull a 177 or sumthin. Fee waivers left and right.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:52 pm

TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote: U Chicago asks you to list all the other schools youre applying to. I guess an adcomm would be like wow at seeing a list of 27 schools. prob wouldnt influence the decision i think?
They did this two cycles ago. Im sure they still do. I remember them being the only ones in the t14 to do this; outside the T14 idk.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:00 pm

TheMikey wrote:
From what I remember, Every school I applied to asked what other schools I am applying to in the application.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:03 pm

R. Jeeves wrote: They did this two cycles ago. Im sure they still do. I remember them being the only ones in the t14 to do this; outside the T14 idk.
Nachoo2019 wrote: From what I remember, Every school I applied to asked what other schools I am applying to in the application.
Hmmm, Interesting.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:07 pm

TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote: Do they really? I didn't know this. Do you know what other schools do the same?
They did this two cycles ago. Im sure they still do. I remember them being the only ones in the t14 to do this; outside the T14 idk.
Nachoo2019 wrote: From what I remember, Every school I applied to asked what other schools I am applying to in the application.
Hmmm, Interesting.[/quote]

I didn't apply to any T14s last cycle and was still asked what schools I am applying on all applications.

I'm just guessing, but I think they use this as a data point to see who their peer schools are.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote: I didn't apply to any T14s last cycle and was still asked what schools I am applying on all applications.

I'm just guessing, but I think they use this as a data point to see who their peer schools are.
Yeah probably. I mean I don't plan on applying to a large amount of schools like Kopetz but I think it is interesting to think about how adcomms look at someone who applied to a huge amount of schools.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote: Do they really? I didn't know this. Do you know what other schools do the same?
Hmmm, Interesting.

I didn't apply to any T14s last cycle and was still asked what schools I am applying on all applications.

I'm just guessing, but I think they use this as a data point to see who their peer schools are.[/quote]

UChi still did this last year. But I don't recall too many other T14s that did this.

What I do remember is Yale asking if I took a prep course for the LSAT or how I prepared and what not. I thought that was strange (Yes, I threw out a Yale Mary, and I know I had no chance).

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 pm

THIS IS FOR YOU JEEVES AND PRETZEL
[+] Spoiler

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 pm

TheMikey wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU JEEVES AND PRETZEL
[+] Spoiler

oooh looks pretty tasty!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:33 pm

nice. idk where SE is, but clearly his legacy still lives itt.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:42 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
TheMikey wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU JEEVES AND PRETZEL
[+] Spoiler

oooh looks pretty tasty!
:D
Alongside of today's source for feeding my caffeine addiction.
PS: that's my second frap drink today :roll: :wink:

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:12 pm

HaveMercy wrote:If I'm retaking in September, should I already have applied with my June score and send in whatever I get in September later? Or do I wait for my Sept. score?

Most applications are not open for the class of 2020 yet. I believe they open around mid-August / early-mid September.

Generally, when the September scores come out, your application would still be early if you sent it then so it's not a major issue. You can send your apps before it comes out but if your scores end up being drastically different, you might be thrown into the "presumptive deny" pile based on your old score. I would probably just wait unless you think your score increase would only be like a point or even if you think your retake score would go down.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:16 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:If I'm retaking in September, should I already have applied with my June score and send in whatever I get in September later? Or do I wait for my Sept. score?

Most applications are not open for the class of 2020 yet. I believe they open around mid-August / early-mid September.

Generally, when the September scores come out, your application would still be early if you sent it then so it's not a major issue.
yeah waiting for the Sept score seems like the right move here

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Also, if anyone has suggestions on useful things to add to the OP, then let me know!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:Also, if anyone has suggestions on useful things to add to the OP, then let me know!
I think this may be covered on individual school threads, but if you wanted to put the dates when each T14 application opens? It could be useful to have them all posted here rather than having to open every individual school thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”