TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

carlos_danger

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Post by carlos_danger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 am

jjcorvino wrote:Holy crap, check out this post on Reddit. This guy is either one of the best trolls ever or he is absolutely crazy conceited.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmis ... _used_the/
Lol Jesus. If this is what people in law school are like, it's not worth it to go

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 am

carlos_danger wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Holy crap, check out this post on Reddit. This guy is either one of the best trolls ever or he is absolutely crazy conceited.

Lol Jesus. If this is what people in law school are like, it's not worth it to go
This can't be real...oh god please don't be real

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 am

I want to say this is a troll - The bit about memoirs / quantum physics and that they "come from a long lineage of sober, studious, intelligent people" seems too much. Then again, that might be me having too much faith in people.

Tbh, though, I bet plenty of people do this (try to make a personal statement out of the writing section).

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 am

amberb94 wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:

"My family isn't the type to open a restaurant" LMFAO there's a type for that? Boy if you don't....

I wish diarrhea upon people like this.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 am

amberb94 wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:

How do paper bagged lunches and minivans prove you're not wealthy? Lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 am

The "statement" is also poorly written.

What does it mean for an object or entity to be of "inherent wealth"?

If you call a backpack a "knapsack" .... just don't. Don't exist around me.

"Never been one to blend into the crowd" - someone who blends into the crowd.

Didn't know that wealth and suburb were synonymous.
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tazewell

Bronze

Post by Tazewell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 am

My favorite part was when he tried to use "whom" in the first paragraph to sound smart when the sentence called for "who".

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

Failure to follow simple instructions.
Print out his app just to mail it to him with a big red "Denied" stamp.

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:56 am

Alexandros wrote:

I want to say this is a troll - The bit about memoirs / quantum physics and that they "come from a long lineage of sober, studious, intelligent people" seems too much. Then again, that might be me having too much faith in people.

Tbh, though, I bet plenty of people do this (try to make a personal statement out of the writing section).

Gotta be a troll, the sipping tea part alone is just too neck beard to be real.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 am

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I really want it to be an irate adcomm.

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:16 am

Alexandros wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I like to think that this kid is going places. Specifically to Cooley.

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 am

Alexandros wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Omg I wouldn't have considered this as a possibility, but that would be hilarious. Like, as a way to mock people who don't follow the prompt.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:36 am

Like this guy has to be a troll, but (s)he's committing so much to it and responding to most comments so thoroughly that it's putting a doubt in my head...

Plus the account is 3h old and calls the rest of applicants "sheep" so all signs point to troll. I just don't see why someone would enjoy wasting their time with this

But glad that I've now found another law school social media outlet to stalk at work. Twitter was slow today

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 am

Or a fool.

Who knows. :lol:

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am

amberb94 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Omg I wouldn't have considered this as a possibility, but that would be hilarious. Like, as a way to mock people who don't follow the prompt.
I don't know, it read as so obviously false to me that I don't think you could call it trolling, just a bit of (poor) creative writing about an interesting character I'd like to have a drink in a brewpub with (once he has his nervous breakdown and stops teatotalling). Yes that's right, a drink in a BREWPUB. Not a distribution brewery.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Post by The_Pluviophile » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 am

mm2368 wrote: If you call a backpack a "knapsack" .... just don't. Don't exist around me.
Yes.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 am

A) the responses are almost worse than the post itself imo. He's getting super defensive when everyone tells him it's a terrible idea. I don't know if that makes him more or less likely to be a troll

B) He cross-posted to /r/LSAT after receiving a bunch of flame from r/admissions. I don't think he's a troll, I honestly think he feels this way and wrote these things.

C) he says he scored a 168. I'm not knocking this score at all 95th is amazing, but if he were trolling I would have expected him to say at least 170

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:A) the responses are almost worse than the post itself imo. He's getting super defensive when everyone tells him it's a terrible idea. I don't know if that makes him more or less likely to be a troll

B) He cross-posted to /r/LSAT after receiving a bunch of flame from r/admissions. I don't think he's a troll, I honestly think he feels this way and wrote these things.

C) he says he scored a 168. I'm not knocking this score at all 95th is amazing, but if he were trolling I would have expected him to say at least 170
I had to laugh at the 168 part even though it is a great score on the LSAT. This guy makes himself out to be the next Einstein, hanging out with his friends that wouldn't dare enjoy an uncultured activity such as sports. If you spend your whole life reading quantum physics textbooks and score a 168 while Joe the plumber gets wasted every weekend after prep sessions and gets a 180, maybe you should rethink what a "worthwile pursuit" is.

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:32 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:A) the responses are almost worse than the post itself imo. He's getting super defensive when everyone tells him it's a terrible idea. I don't know if that makes him more or less likely to be a troll

I had to laugh at the 168 part even though it is a great score on the LSAT. This guy makes himself out to be the next Einstein, hanging out with his friends that wouldn't dare enjoy an uncultured activity such as sports. If you spend your whole life reading quantum physics textbooks and score a 168 while Joe the plumber gets wasted every weekend after prep sessions and gets a 180, maybe you should rethink what a "worthwile pursuit" is.
agreed. it's a pretty stellar troll imo

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 am

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Finally finished my northwestern interview, officially done with apps!

(Until I eventually decide later this week that I can't live without knowing what might have been and just suck it up and pay H's application fee)
This is why my Harvard app was submitted a week after all my others.

theboringest

Bronze

Post by theboringest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am

theboringest wrote:https://twitter.com/SpiveyConsult/statu ... 5401638913

Spivey for president
Does December count for applying later? :D

oliviaj_j

New

Post by oliviaj_j » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

Spivey for president
Why is it beneficial to apply later in a counter cycle?

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am

From the comments:
"If you apply and get in anywhere from the T14 - please post your results, as I'd be very curious to see which of the top schools ignore the LSAT essay entirely."
Love it.

But that has to be an excellent troll. Sticking around in the comments just shows he's committed to a art.

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 am

oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
Why is it beneficial to apply later in a counter cycle?
iirc it's that applications within certain LSAT bands end up being way down as time goes on, so applicants within those strata who may have been rejected or WLed had they applied earlier would be more seriously considered if they applied later

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”