TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

R. Jeeves

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:23 am

Last edited by R. Jeeves on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:25 am

pretzeltime wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:Checking in! It's nice to see the junk food obsession carrying over into the Applicant thread. I swear we are all going to be walking Fen-Phen ads by the end of lawl school. :lol:
don't know what that is but glad papa meerkat is in town <3
:lol:

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:27 am

Meer :)

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:28 am

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:34 am

Jeeves, did you see my pretzel buying PW yesterday for you and pretzel in honor of your kick ass scores? Was in the waiters thread!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TAD

Bronze

Post by TAD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 am

TheMikey wrote:Wondering when I should purchase CAS. Has anyone gotten it yet? Or is it typical for people to get it like a week before putting apps in?
I got it already. You see, the way I figure, it hurts less to pay for everything at different times than to drop, what is it, like 175$ for CAS, and then start dropping app fees back to back in case I don't get fee waivers....solid reasoning...I know.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:41 am

TheMikey wrote:Jeeves, did you see my pretzel buying PW yesterday for you and pretzel in honor of your kick ass scores? Was in the waiters thread!
I did! I'm honored.

But my avatar is a fry - you should have bought some of those too :P

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:43 am

TAD wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Wondering when I should purchase CAS. Has anyone gotten it yet? Or is it typical for people to get it like a week before putting apps in?
I got it already. You see, the way I figure, it hurts less to pay for everything at different times than to drop, what is it, like 175$ for CAS, and then start dropping app fees back to back in case I don't get fee waivers....solid reasoning...I know.
Lol, nah you have a point though, it makes sense to me.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Jeeves, did you see my pretzel buying PW yesterday for you and pretzel in honor of your kick ass scores? Was in the waiters thread!
I did! I'm honored.

But my avatar is a fry - you should have bought some of those too :P
I actually bought frozen tater tots! Close enough haha.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BigTex

Bronze

Post by BigTex » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 am

John's of Bleecker Street puts NYU over the top in the pizza category for me

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:51 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Checking in to add that the best pizza I ever had was in Chapel Hill while recruiting at UNC. I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it was legendary there. Can anyone help?

Second best was Post Corner Pizza on the New Canaan/Darien CT border.
Yes! We have Spivey; this thread is official now.

I did 4 years in carolina (not chapel hill though) and mellow mushroom was always really popular. Doubt that's the one youre thinking of though.
Nope but I know Mellow Mushroom well from the one that was open 24/7 in Atlanta from my much younger much more stay out late and drink with friends life.

The former Duke Law Financial Aid Director took me to the one on CH. I'll ask her and report back, place was incredible.

forum_user

Silver

Post by forum_user » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 am

BigTex wrote:John's of Bleecker Street puts NYU over the top in the pizza category for me
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: TCR :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

gery0n

New

Post by gery0n » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am

Checking in.
Outlined my ps last night, which sounds productive but really was just an excuse to put off reading comprehension drilling...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am

gery0n wrote:Checking in.
Outlined my ps last night, which sounds productive but really was just an excuse to put off reading comprehension drilling...
:lol: :lol:

Trust me, you don't want to slack off with RC prep, I learned the hard way.

gery0n

New

Post by gery0n » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:12 am

TheMikey wrote:
gery0n wrote:Checking in.
:lol: :lol:

Trust me, you don't want to slack off with RC prep, I learned the hard way.
I know; it just feels like such a slog :( hopefully switching to the 7sage method will force me to read more actively.

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 am

Checking in. Financial and time commitments aside, is there a downside to applying to lots of schools? I've got 27 on my list at the moment.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:15 am

MikeSpivey wrote:Checking in to add that the best pizza I ever had was in Chapel Hill while recruiting at UNC. I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it was legendary there. Can anyone help?

Second best was Post Corner Pizza on the New Canaan/Darien CT border.
As a recent UNC grad, I have to warn you that if it was on Franklin St., depending on when you went, it might be gone. Franklin St. has been closing places ("classic" places at that) for the past couple years.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:Checking in! It's nice to see the junk food obsession carrying over into the Applicant thread. I swear we are all going to be walking Fen-Phen ads by the end of lawl school. :lol:
don't know what that is but glad papa meerkat is in town <3
:lol:

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 am

Kopetz wrote:Checking in. Financial and time commitments aside, is there a downside to applying to lots of schools? I've got 27 on my list at the moment.
I think the standard advice is to apply as broadly as possible dude. Hustle for those waivers to reduce costs, but come scholly negotiation time, you'll be glad you can play Emory off GW off Vandy (or whatever your planned outcome might be).

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:23 am

TheMikey wrote:Meer :)
Missed you bro! These last few weeks without a regular bitches/gripes/complaints outlet has been just a little less awesome.

I see you've become a very active participant around these parts too! Look at that post count.

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:24 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Checking in. Financial and time commitments aside, is there a downside to applying to lots of schools? I've got 27 on my list at the moment.
I think the standard advice is to apply as broadly as possible dude. Hustle for those waivers to reduce costs, but come scholly negotiation time, you'll be glad you can play Emory off GW off Vandy (or whatever your planned outcome might be).
That was my thinking too. I've got almost everything in the t25, plus a few safeties in former hometowns. It looks like service waivers will save me 700-900 dollars this application cycle, which is great.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:25 am

Kopetz wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
That was my thinking too. I've got almost everything in the t25, plus a few safeties in former hometowns. It looks like service waivers will save me 700-900 dollars this application cycle, which is great.
didn't you slay the LSAT? doesn't seem necessary unless your GPA is super low. but do you.

also

can i pinch?

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:26 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
if youre really not limited by time and money then yeah i guess there is no downside

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:26 am

Kopetz wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
Solid dude! Yea, the key is to avoid being "penny wise, pound foolish". 80 bucks is a lot per app but if you get just one school to raise your scholly amounts 5-10K by strengthening your negotiation position, you've got a great return on investment.

forum_user

Silver

Post by forum_user » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 am

Can't imagine there's a downside. Like even if it were something all the schools could know about (which it may very well be, idk), what're they gonna do, ding you for wanting to go to law school too badly?

I'd imagine the bigger issue is the ~$1000 additional you'll be throwing down on app fees beyond the 10-15 that I think people more typically do. You wouldn't want to save that for ASW/campus visits?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”