TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

smilingorch

New

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Post by smilingorch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 pm

airwrecka wrote:I perfected my signature so long ago (pretty legible, but I can sign fast), but then I got married and chose to change my name, so now I have to start from scratch :(
this. Getting married in 2 months and contemplating whether I need to change my last name in my signature since it's all chicken scratch anyway.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

smilingorch wrote:
airwrecka wrote:I perfected my signature so long ago (pretty legible, but I can sign fast), but then I got married and chose to change my name, so now I have to start from scratch :(
this. Getting married in 2 months and contemplating whether I need to change my last name in my signature since it's all chicken scratch anyway.
Changing your name is a hassle. You have to notify the federal and state government, notify the bank, get new ID cards for everything, etc. And on top of all that you have to form a whole new signature habit. It's not worth it (imo).

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Any tips on getting yourself a sweet signature? I've been trying to practice mine but it isn't coming off...
Something short and sweet since signing things all of the time is a pain.
This. I used to have a nice, elaborate signature until I got a job that requires me to sign hundreds of papers every day (nothing at all important). Now it's the shortest signature possible. Saves me a lot of time.
I work the front desk in my building (they stick the interns at the front as de-facto receptionist since we're very low traffic) and sign for packages all day. That's made me a lot more conscious of it haha

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
smilingorch wrote:
Changing your name is a hassle. You have to notify the federal and state government, notify the bank, get new ID cards for everything, etc. And on top of all that you have to form a whole new signature habit. It's not worth it (imo).
It is annoying, but I got married young enough that I figured it was worth it. Also, I have still not told my bank :P I've only actually changed my driver's license (which I had to do anyway). Some day I'll get around to changing my social security card and passport :P

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:45 pm

airwrecka wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
smilingorch wrote:
It is annoying, but I got married young enough that I figured it was worth it. Also, I have still not told my bank :P I've only actually changed my driver's license (which I had to do anyway). Some day I'll get around to changing my social security card and passport :P
I changed mine because my maiden name is very generic and my signature sucked for the first 2 years. Then I bought a house and had plenty of chance to perfect it. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:22 pm

govlife wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
smilingorch wrote:
I changed mine because my maiden name is very generic and my signature sucked for the first 2 years. Then I bought a house and had plenty of chance to perfect it. :mrgreen:
My wife didn't change hers. She has a pretty unique last name and wanted to keep it and I really don't care. Also I figured I was too lazy to go through the hassle associated with a name change so it didn't make sense to ask her to do it..

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

We went from like 10 of us following each other on Instagram to 60 members on the Facebook group.. This has blown not up quickly lol

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm

RParadela wrote:We went from like 10 of us following each other on Instagram to 60 members on the Facebook group.. This has blown not up quickly lol
You just had to ask for likes on your flex... :roll:

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

RParadela wrote:We went from like 10 of us following each other on Instagram to 60 members on the Facebook group.. This has blown not up quickly lol
too many people who haven't revealed themselves!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

meeseeks

Silver

Post by meeseeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

chandhi wrote:
It's what he wanted all along. The mastermind behind it all

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm

chandhi wrote:
Technically I didn't ask... I just voiced a regret over not adding people from TLS :wink:

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:51 pm

RParadela wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Technically I didn't ask... I just voiced a regret over not adding people from TLS :wink:
no lawyering allowed (yet)

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Jeezus Christ the amount of activity that happened between here and the FB group in the few hours I abandoned you guys to go to the beach is insane.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Kopetz wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Keilz wrote:Hey all!

Facebook group is here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665710173733616/
kopetz wrote:.
kopetz,

Thank you for your interest in TLS c/o 2020 Facebook Group. Please request to be added. You will receive your status checker information shortly.

edit: you got it, nvm
thank god, i was already drafting a LOCI
You're lucky you got the priority track invite. Other members have been waiting for six months.

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Keilz wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Facebook group is here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665710173733616/
kopetz,

Thank you for your interest in TLS c/o 2020 Facebook Group. Please request to be added. You will receive your status checker information shortly.

You're lucky you got the priority track invite. Other members have been waiting for six months.
so glad i hired Spivey for fb group application counseling

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Jeezus Christ the amount of activity that happened between here and the FB group in the few hours I abandoned you guys to go to the beach is insane.
but have you revealed yourself in fb group :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil:

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Our size is already larger than the class size of some TTTs

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Facebook group is here!

https://www.facebook.com/
kopetz,

so glad i hired Spivey for fb group application counseling
Yes, the best of the best - he was one of the first admitted members and was offered a full ride welcome post. Also, our cover photo was recently renamed in his name after his donation to TLS.
Last edited by Keilz on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 pm

proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
but have you revealed yourself in fb group :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Haha I just did, simultaneously dealing with LA traffic in rush hour and catching up

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm

what group do i join if i literally only care about knowing what kopetz looks like under his bear costume

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm

pretzeltime wrote:what group do i join if i literally only care about knowing what kopetz looks like under his bear costume
just another bear. it's bear all the way down. a bear matroyshka.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Kopetz wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:what group do i join if i literally only care about knowing what kopetz looks like under his bear costume
this is exactly the kind of rich visual that I so craved. thanks, my quest is complete

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
this is exactly the kind of rich visual that I so craved. thanks, my quest is complete
join the group tho

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Flex post one is up and my TLS fam is already making me feel the love. Thanks guys!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 am

proteinshake wrote:
You follow me?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”