TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

oliviaj_j

New

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Post by oliviaj_j » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 am

Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:
theboringest wrote:https://twitter.com/SpiveyConsult/statu ... 5401638913

Spivey for president
Why is it beneficial to apply later in a counter cycle?
iirc it's that applications within certain LSAT bands end up being way down as time goes on, so applicants within those strata who may have been rejected or WLed had they applied earlier would be more seriously considered if they applied later
That makes sense! Thank you :)

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 am

oliviaj_j wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
iirc it's that applications within certain LSAT bands end up being way down as time goes on, so applicants within those strata who may have been rejected or WLed had they applied earlier would be more seriously considered if they applied later
Sure thing. Spivey talks about it some in this podcast if you want more detail.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 am

Would y'all think that mostly impacts 170+ scorers?

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:08 am

Spivey for president
Interesting.
Strawpoll: Is the fun of getting rejected from Yale worth $100?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am

Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
I can't listen to the podcast but it wouldn't hurt you if you applied early and haven't been WL/rejected anywhere yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am

Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
do it
Keilz wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
I can't listen to the podcast but it wouldn't hurt you if you applied early and haven't been WL/rejected anywhere yet?
I'm unsure, I don't recall them addressing that on the podcast. I'd guess that if you weren't definitively sorted yet that you'd reap the same benefit.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 am

jjcorvino wrote:Holy crap, check out this post on Reddit. This guy is either one of the best trolls ever or he is absolutely crazy conceited.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmis ... _used_the/
Troll or not a troll, I do not want to get a beer with this person

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
I mean, if you have the kind of money where losing 100 doesn't matter and it would make you happy I say go for it.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Post by Baby Gaga » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am

poptart123 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Holy crap, check out this post on Reddit. This guy is either one of the best trolls ever or he is absolutely crazy conceited.

I don't even want to get a spot of Jasmine tea with this person

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

forum_user

Silver

Post by forum_user » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 am

Tazewell wrote:My favorite part was when he tried to use "whom" in the first paragraph to sound smart when the sentence called for "who".
Between your avatar and this observation, you're my new favorite person

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 am

Baby Gaga wrote:
poptart123 wrote:

I don't even want to get a spot of Jasmine tea with this person
*earl grey

Vino.Veritas

Bronze

Post by Vino.Veritas » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 am

I submitted all of my apps yesterday and the waiting is already driving me insane. This is going to be a long few months :lol: :cry:

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:30 am

So confused. So many waitlists.

It's like, if something was really bad on my app wouldn't at least one reject instead of WL?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 am

Keilz wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
I'm in this same spot. Only a few acceptances from lower schools, but no WL/dings yet. Hoping I'm in some magical hold pile that they'll go through and accept when they realize they need more high scores.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

govlife wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:

Spivey for president
I'm in this same spot. Only a few acceptances from lower schools, but no WL/dings yet. Hoping I'm in some magical hold pile that they'll go through and accept when they realize they need more high scores.
+1. Priority reserve at Duke but otherwise in the same situation.

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 am

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
I mean, if you have the kind of money where losing 100 doesn't matter and it would make you happy I say go for it.
Well I'm planning on taking out 5-6 figures of loans in the near future. I don't know if that means $100 is less valuable in the grand scheme or more valuable than ever. :cry:

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 pm

This might come off as immature of me, but I'm legit stressed about making sure I have all the finaid forms and applications filled out for various schools. I didn't apply for financial aid for UG (I've never filled out FAFSA), so this is my first rodeo. My parents are also being sketchy about giving me any of their info because they know I absolutely will not qualify for any need-based aid if I disclose anything. However, some schools require it anyway (I think) and some don't and some require separate apps and some only need FAFSA and some just give you a scholarship without any other forms or apps and I'm overwhelmed :shock: Oh, and I'm married too so I have to wrangle up my husband's info as well -__-

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 pm

airwrecka wrote:This might come off as immature of me, but I'm legit stressed about making sure I have all the finaid forms and applications filled out for various schools. I didn't apply for financial aid for UG (I've never filled out FAFSA), so this is my first rodeo. My parents are also being sketchy about giving me any of their info because they know I absolutely will not qualify for any need-based aid if I disclose anything. However, some schools require it anyway (I think) and some don't and some require separate apps and some only need FAFSA and some just give you a scholarship without any other forms or apps and I'm overwhelmed :shock: Oh, and I'm married too so I have to wrangle up my husband's info as well -__-
I would love to see a thread dedicated to crowd-sourcing the requirements for each school, like we have for admissions. I similarly am kind of lost so I'm not sure I should OP it. Some seem to want CSS, some want FAFSA, some want interviews, some just send out scholarships for merit, some want to do need based before merit. I'd love someone intelligent to help us navigate it all.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Sarastro wrote:
airwrecka wrote:This might come off as immature of me, but I'm legit stressed about making sure I have all the finaid forms and applications filled out for various schools. I didn't apply for financial aid for UG (I've never filled out FAFSA), so this is my first rodeo. My parents are also being sketchy about giving me any of their info because they know I absolutely will not qualify for any need-based aid if I disclose anything. However, some schools require it anyway (I think) and some don't and some require separate apps and some only need FAFSA and some just give you a scholarship without any other forms or apps and I'm overwhelmed :shock: Oh, and I'm married too so I have to wrangle up my husband's info as well -__-
I would love to see a thread dedicated to crowd-sourcing the requirements for each school, like we have for admissions. I similarly am kind of lost so I'm not sure I should OP it. Some seem to want CSS, some want FAFSA, some want interviews, some just send out scholarships for merit, some want to do need based before merit. I'd love someone intelligent to help us navigate it all.
I second this. But I don't want to OP. Haha.

CALLING SMART PEOPLE. Someone take this idea and run with it please :lol:

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

+1

If there's an accountant out there, now's your time to shine.

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

+1

Ironically, I just pictured Ted from Scrubs looking up eagerly.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

+1

+1000
Fafsa stresses the fuck out of me during UG, so I've pretty much been in denial and not looked at it for law school. "Pls help"

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
- Michael Scott
Love Michael Scott quotes!! :lol:

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

Spivey for president
Interesting.
- Michael Scott
Love Michael Scott quotes!! :lol:
would you rather be feared or loved? easy - both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”