TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Kopetz

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Post by Kopetz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm

RParadela wrote:Sorry for breaking up the shitpost train here but I've got a serious question for everyone.

For people that are planning on going into biglaw, how do you answer "Why law" in interviews? I feel like saying "because I want to make a lot of fucking money" won't go over well
That can be spun positively. Something like "Law is a career which still rewards hard work, dedication, perseverance, and loyalty"

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Kopetz wrote:
RParadela wrote:Sorry for breaking up the shitpost train here but I've got a serious question for everyone.

For people that are planning on going into biglaw, how do you answer "Why law" in interviews? I feel like saying "because I want to make a lot of fucking money" won't go over well
That can be spun positively. Something like "Law is a career which still rewards hard work, dedication, perseverance, and loyalty"
You're gonna make a good lawyer.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Kopetz wrote:

Ohh I like that one! I'll have to work that in to my answer

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Kopetz wrote:

This was part of my PS :D

theboringest

Bronze

Post by theboringest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm

RParadela wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

Do you have any legal work experience? I've found that's a good explanation. Law classes?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

I hope I hear back from NYU soon.
And by hear back, I mean am accepted.

NYU adcomm, if you're reading this, if it's a rejection... Just hold on to that for a little while. I'm not ready.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

theboringest wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

Do you have any legal work experience? I've found that's a good explanation. Law classes?
I worked at my dads law firm a couple of summers ago when I was between semesters in undergrad. I was definitely going to fit that angle in there as well

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Sigh another day with no movement (except CWRU sending me their 18th fee waiver and extending the priority deadline another year or something).

Every 5:00pm EST CWRU email feels like hearing your phone vibrate after waiting for your crush to text you back, only to find a text from your bank stating that your funds are below limit.

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Sigh another day with no movement (except CWRU sending me their 18th fee waiver and extending the priority deadline another year or something).

Every 5:00pm EST CWRU email feels like hearing your phone vibrate after waiting for your crush to text you back, only to find a text from your bank stating that your funds are below limit.

Brutal. I, for one, was flattered to hear that my 176 may qualify me for admission at UALR

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Sigh another day with no movement (except CWRU sending me their 18th fee waiver and extending the priority deadline another year or something).

So sick of these shit schools blowing my email up while not hearing a peep from many of my top choices :evil:

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:

So sick of these shit schools blowing my email up while not hearing a peep from many of my top choices :evil:

Meanwhile, the other day Spivey tweeted that decisions seem to be coming out slower this cycle.
My patience is truly being tested.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Easier ways to make money. I know backpages is down, but I'm sure something will fill the void soon. Also, computer things.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Easier ways to make money. I know backpages is down, but I'm sure something will fill the void soon. Also, computer things.
Oh, I know. I'm sort of in a unique situation with law because of my dad which makes law school an easy choice for me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:36 pm

unsubscribe is glorious

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:37 pm

I've been getting an influx of emails from schools lately. UF sent me like three different emails TODAY. What is causing this?!?!?!?!? lol

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:40 pm

brinicolec wrote:I've been getting an influx of emails from schools lately. UF sent me like three different emails TODAY. What is causing this?!?!?!?!? lol
You should've been there at Elon's weekly webinar sessions. They explained all of this there :wink:

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm

I keep telling myself I've applied to so many schools that there's no way the only T10 school I'll get into is Michigan, but dammit. The paranoia is real lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm

if you look really hard at your Michigan State acceptance letter, the logo font starts to turn blue and your vision gets blurred enough that the word state disappears.

this has been pro-waiters'-tips with top-law-schools/forums/user=amta

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Post by The_Pluviophile » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Don't you have to have 100 posts to link pictures? Guess I've spared myself from the PW fest by being such a lurker :lol:

theboringest

Bronze

Post by theboringest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 pm

RParadela wrote:
theboringest wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

I worked at my dads law firm a couple of summers ago when I was between semesters in undergrad. I was definitely going to fit that angle in there as well
Yup there ya go. Doesn't have to be super specific. My personal statement literally stated that I wasn't sure what area of law I wanted to pursue- but my experiences made me want to explore the field.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Decided to see which school Trump's lawyer (Michael Cohen) went to ....

the answer is both surprising and not surprising at the same time
[+] Spoiler
COOLEY

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants - psychopaths & conceded ponies welcome

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 pm

amta wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:**finishes checking status checker for all applications**

"better double check maybe there's been movement"
*finishes apps*

"okay, im not going to be like the crazies on TLS. im only gonna check the status checkers twice a day"

*9AM: has already checked status checkers 3 times today*
I know you're my people because checking twice a day is lowest bar we can even imagine setting ourselves

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:02 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:Decided to see which school Trump's lawyer (Michael Cohen) went to ....

the answer is both surprising and not surprising at the same time
[+] Spoiler
COOLEY
Lmaooo. Sad. At the same time, to go from Cooley to being in the White House (essentially), is pretty impressive.

addie1412

Silver

Post by addie1412 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:09 pm

I feel like I should have been banned from TLS/LSN the second I submitted my applications. I would be a much happier person if didn't know about all the people submitting like a month after me and getting decisions way sooner. :lol:

And I applied mid-late November! All you September/October peeps must have the patience of mother teresa

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm

addie1412 wrote:I feel like I should have been banned from TLS/LSN the second I submitted my applications. I would be a much happier person if didn't know about all the people submitting like a month after me and getting decisions way sooner. :lol:

And I applied mid-late November! All you September/October peeps must have the patience of mother teresa
As an October waiter, I do have to say that one of the good things to come from waiting is a highly increased amount of patience.

And for that I can only thank adcomms across America. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”