TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Keilz

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Post by Keilz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:28 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.
They all request it, I think it's for data. If you don't know I would probably just say you don't know yet, but not theirs lololol jk

I am thinking of WD at GW

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:29 am

Wait I totally want to choose all of those options bc I'm so excited!!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.

I think it's probably just to see who they're competing with. If you chose a school, just say it. It's not like they can do anything to mess up your cycle.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 am

Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:47 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time
Savage AF.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Got into FSU (UG school) with a full scholarship yesterday and used that as an excuse to get absolutely belligerent last night.

Mistakes were made.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

SmallK

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Post by SmallK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 pm

guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos
Really happy to see another 27 yo, thought I might be the only one
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness
Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames
YES. Glad there are other people who can identify with the strong middle/high school implications AIM had. Details about profiles are both super embarrassing and a great ice breaker -- I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm

SmallK wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames
YES. Glad there are other people who can identify with the strong middle/high school implications AIM had. Details about profiles are both super embarrassing and a great ice breaker -- I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.
This. Holy shit. My emo phase still haunts me. The lyrics on my away messages almost certainly had something to do with how no one understands me and my turquoise hair.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:48 pm

SmallK wrote:I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.
Gun to my head, it was probably Mix Tape by Brand New. For better or worse, I remember what was going on when I left MySpace.

SmallK

Bronze

Post by SmallK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:49 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
SmallK wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos
27 f mn

This. Holy shit. My emo phase still haunts me. The lyrics on my away messages almost certainly had something to do with how no one understands me and my turquoise hair.
Mine were more about how no one would let me have turquoise, etc., hair, but haunt is EXACTLY the right word. The one saving grace is that there weren't any (real) pictures associated with AIM :D

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:15 am

pls do this. Pls.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:35 am

ashrice13 wrote:
pls do this. Pls.
Bet that'd hit em right in the ego :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am

Mikey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
pls do this. Pls.
Bet that'd hit em right in the ego :lol: :lol:
:lol:

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am

any admission offices working today?

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 am

guybourdin wrote:
SmallK wrote:I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.
Gun to my head, it was probably Mix Tape by Brand New. For better or worse, I remember what was going on when I left MySpace.
Solid pick, I still listen to that album every once in awhile

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 am

proteinshake wrote:any admission offices working today?
Thing I want to be true: yes!
Thing that's actually true: probably not...but maybe.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

proteinshake wrote:any admission offices working today?
I know Penn is closed. Otherwise, not too sure! Hoping at least some offices are operational today. We need answers! :shock:

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 am

officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

also, Northwestern sent me an automatic reply to my email on Saturday saying the admissions office was closed until Tuesday, but then shortly after I got another email saying they would hold my app....so I don't know what that means about offices being open/closed today!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 am

airwrecka wrote:officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

also, Northwestern sent me an automatic reply to my email on Saturday saying the admissions office was closed until Tuesday, but then shortly after I got another email saying they would hold my app....so I don't know what that means about offices being open/closed today!
ok waiting sucks but also... look at your acceptances already lmao you're in such great shape! I think it was smart of you to hold and you're a good candidate for it - odds are good you already had a great shot at the remaining schools on your list. With a higher LSAT... forget it, you're gold.

fingers crossed for you

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

mm2368 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

ok waiting sucks but also... look at your acceptances already lmao you're in such great shape! I think it was smart of you to hold and you're a good candidate for it - odds are good you already had a great shot at the remaining schools on your list. With a higher LSAT... forget it, you're gold.

fingers crossed for you
aww thanks :) yeah, I just didn't want to get rejected somewhere (*cough*harvard*cough*) before I got my new score cause that would kiiiiill me haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:41 am

airwrecka wrote: hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out
That's a tough decision, but a couple points really could do you wonders. good luck! Everything could be in reach for you.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am

guybourdin wrote:
That's a tough decision, but a couple points really could do you wonders. good luck! Everything could be in reach for you.
yeah, exactly! thanks! :) I took a PT on Saturday that showed a 4 point jump in my score...trying not to bank on that happening on test day, but it sure would be nice!!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 am

airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
yeah, exactly! thanks! :) I took a PT on Saturday that showed a 4 point jump in my score...trying not to bank on that happening on test day, but it sure would be nice!!
Probably not the best advice for everyone, but for me the key was SLOW DOWN. good luck.

RictusErectus

Bronze

Post by RictusErectus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
govlife wrote:Thanks! Man, TLS fam showing up with the inspiration today. This is what I love about this place.
Do it! Do it! Do it! Yaaaaaay! (I want there to be an emoji of people doing the wave...back in my middle school internet-forum days I think there was such a thing)
#AOL4lyfe
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj
24 m intl

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”