TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

ashrice13

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by ashrice13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:Any other K-JDs going through some hardcore senioritis? Very hard to get any work done when we've already been accepted to schools and this semester's grades don't really matter.
I am not a k-jd but I'm still catching senioritis.

It might get me fired
+1

I think I literally did about 2 hours of work today.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 pm

dasq5511 wrote:Any other K-JDs going through some hardcore senioritis? Very hard to get any work done when we've already been accepted to schools and this semester's grades don't really matter.

It might get me fired
+1

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:09 pm

guys wake forest's dean posted on their waiters thread.

hydrohect

New

Post by hydrohect » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:guys wake forest's dean posted on their waiters thread.
Emory's did a while back too

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:14 pm

hydrohect wrote:
Emory's did a while back too
:shock: like i know we all talk about adcoms being on here but i'd feel weird if i was just talking about scholarship negotiations or something and then the next post was the dean, even if my posts aren't identifying.

Whittie

Bronze

Post by Whittie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2
I'm 8000 words into my 9000-word thesis and have started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead of finishing. I think the work is keeping me distracted from the LS wait so I don't really want to finish.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:guys I matched with NYU Law! omg so funny how that happens right like wow omg!
Haha I wish

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Did somebody tell him to retake?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

batlaw

New

Post by batlaw » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Whittie wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2
I'm 8000 words into my 9000-word thesis and have started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead of finishing. I think the work is keeping me distracted from the LS wait so I don't really want to finish.
+3. I was busy collecting some data for my research today and 3 hours later my march madness bracket was no longer perfect, and I checked over TLS and saw that there was no Harvard movement but lots of Duke movement. I saved myself so much angst by just focusing on my research. I almost wish I did this all the time, but let's be real: the status checkers and TLS call to me.

Also, I've been thinking about watching Buffy for a while now. How is it?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 pm

-duplicate post-
Last edited by Keilz on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scurvy Cur

New

Post by Scurvy Cur » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:02 pm

batlaw wrote:Also, I've been thinking about watching Buffy for a while now. How is it?
Enjoyed it myself. I'd definitely suggest giving it a watch next time you have the spare time to squeeze an episode or two in, or just want to give the status checkers a break.

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Whittie wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2
In a matter of a couple weeks I've gotten through like 5 seasons of scrubs and 1.5 seasons of GoT :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Whittie

Bronze

Post by Whittie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm

batlaw wrote:
Whittie wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2
+3. I was busy collecting some data for my research today and 3 hours later my march madness bracket was no longer perfect, and I checked over TLS and saw that there was no Harvard movement but lots of Duke movement. I saved myself so much angst by just focusing on my research. I almost wish I did this all the time, but let's be real: the status checkers and TLS call to me.

Also, I've been thinking about watching Buffy for a while now. How is it?
I can say that few shows have cast their characters better than Buffy did. Joss Whedon is a genius. The 90's nostalgia is powerful. The writing is pithy and effective. With that being said, you aren't getting from Buffy the same thing you might get from The Sopranos or Game of Thrones. Also I've just been crushing on Buffy since puberty. In fact, I think Buffy might have triggered puberty for me...

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 am

I met two TLSers at this admitted student's weekend event. They knew me from the site lol. Really clicked with one of them. They talked about T13 and I knew they were on the site right then. It's cool to meet TLS people in real life!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:53 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:I met two TLSers at this admitted student's weekend event. They knew me from the site lol. Really clicked with one of them. They talked about T13 and I knew they were on the site right then. It's cool to meet TLS people in real life!
I'm going to an ASW this coming weekend and wondering if this will happen to me... I'll definitely keep an eye out.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 pm

It's a struggle to go to class at this point

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 pm

RParadela wrote:
I just walked to my cubicle (on a Sunday) after spending the weekend in berkeley and saw ten files stacked on my chair, two on my keyboard, and four on my regular desk. 150 emails. Good Mood immediately dissipated :( I think the fact that I'm leaving soon makes it worse :) just three or so more months

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:54 pm

RParadela wrote:
The best part of it is that I'm pretty much only in electives right now that I put off for a few semesters but I need them to finish my degree. So classes that I really have no interest in are standing between me and my future.

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 pm

jstans wrote:
RParadela wrote:
The best part of it is that I'm pretty much only in electives right now that I put off for a few semesters but I need them to finish my degree. So classes that I really have no interest in are standing between me and my future.
I don't even have to go to actual classes because everything I needed for my graduation requirements was available online, so now I've managed to compress 6 classes worth of homework into like 1-2 days a week, partially because its not that much work and partially because its so easy to procrastinate and just refresh TLS all day.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Rigo wrote:
Did somebody tell him to retake?
:lol: :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

myrik

New

Post by myrik » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 pm

RParadela wrote:
+1

Desperately hoping I'll never need this semester's grades for waitlists

smilingorch

New

Post by smilingorch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Whittie wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

It might get me fired
+1
+2
wait, your thesis only has to be 9,000 words? Why did mine have to be 50,000?! :x lol anyway, best of luck to you. I remember that struggle.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 pm

damn I didn't do honors track specifically to avoid writing a 25-30 page thesis. I can't imagine having to do a 50k word thesis. At that point I would just drop out and write a novel instead.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:
I just walked to my cubicle (on a Sunday) after spending the weekend in berkeley and saw ten files stacked on my chair, two on my keyboard, and four on my regular desk. 150 emails. Good Mood immediately dissipated :( I think the fact that I'm leaving soon makes it worse :) just three or so more months
+1 knowing I'm leaving definitely makes it worse when im handed a ton of work. Glad I'm not he only one that is experiencing that

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”