TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 am

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Re: More Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZywmtj3yc
I don't know who he thinks he is but that's over it's canceled.
also, all of the trash talk to give the album a 5? commit to your hateration, fam.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am

RParadela wrote:

He gave House of Balloons a 4. That man sucks
Lmao. Def don't agree with HofB getting a 4. He's a hit and miss for me but sometimes, like for this "playlist", he gets it right.

ETA: he thinks Death Grips are gods so yeah, his tastes are unique lol.
Last edited by Assasindowntheavenue on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

also, all of the trash talk to give the album a 5? commit to your hateration, fam.

He's a pretty big music reviewer on YT haha. But yeah I was surprised he gave it a 5 too. That's more on the generous side than usual.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

He's a pretty big music reviewer on YT haha. But yeah I was surprised he gave it a 5 too. That's more on the generous side than usual.
I wonder how he rated the best female/most underrated album in the year of our Lord 2016, Rihanna Fenty's Anti.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

I wonder how he rated the best female/most underrated album in the year of our Lord 2016, Rihanna Fenty's Anti.
I don't think you're going to be happy with that one either lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-U06o04KA

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

I find music reviews in general to be pretty dumb. I think music is a lot more subjective than things like movies, or TV shows or video games. Fantano doesn't like Drake, so he's rarely going to give Drake stuff good review. Just the way it is

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm

RParadela wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

I find music reviews in general to be pretty dumb. I think music is a lot more subjective than things like movies, or TV shows or video games. Fantano doesn't like Drake, so he's rarely going to give Drake stuff good review. Just the way it is
I don't think music is different than the other arts or things you mentioned. Obvi it's all subjective, but he does give a lot of detail about why he does or doesn't like something, with a lot more music knowledge than just the average joe saying "yeah this album good, this album bad". I don't agree w a lot of what he reviews but I still like the reviewing in general. He hates Cudi too which I disagree with haha.

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:50 pm

I just sent my first withdrawal e-mail to a school I'm definitely not attending (other than a waitlist offer I declined), and it honestly felt fantastic. :D

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm

theothercat wrote:I just sent my first withdrawal e-mail to a school I'm definitely not attending (other than a waitlist offer I declined), and it honestly felt fantastic. :D
That's beautiful lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
theothercat wrote:I just sent my first withdrawal e-mail to a school I'm definitely not attending (other than a waitlist offer I declined), and it honestly felt fantastic. :D
That's beautiful lol.
Hahaha, it just feels like the first step to getting control of my life back from the 15 admission committees I surrendered it to in October.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 pm

theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.
Hahaha, it just feels like the first step to getting control of my life back from the 15 admission committees I surrendered it to in October.
did they ask you where you were going? the two from which I withdrew did, and it was uncomfortable because what I wanted to write was "Oh, me? Glad you asked! I'm shattered on the rocks of despair right now, and my favorite schools came together this cycle with the sole purpose of waitlisting me, so, no - I can't tell you where I'm going, but I know I'm not coming to you"

It was that or "Idk yet lol"

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.
did they ask you where you were going? the two from which I withdrew did, and it was uncomfortable because what I wanted to write was "Oh, me? Glad you asked! I'm shattered on the rocks of despair right now, and my favorite schools came together this cycle with the sole purpose of waitlisting me, so, no - I can't tell you where I'm going, but I know I'm not coming to you"

They didn't ask! And I haven't decided, so if they did, I probably would have re-inserted some of the pettiness (i.e. "somewhere, but not you...") that I took out of my initial withdrawal e-mail. :lol:

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm

theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.
Exactly you can start feeling at peace again. My cycle ended yesterday and I already feel great lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:24 pm

theothercat wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.

They didn't ask! And I haven't decided, so if they did, I probably would have re-inserted some of the pettiness (i.e. "somewhere, but not you...") that I took out of my initial withdrawal e-mail. :lol:
That would be pretty Savage lol.

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.
Exactly you can start feeling at peace again. My cycle ended yesterday and I already feel great lol.
That's so awesome, congrats! I'm pretty sure mine will be ending within the next two weeks. Where are you going?

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

RParadela wrote:

why yall give this idiot the time of day

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:50 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote: why yall give this idiot the time of day
okay I'm sorry, you're iconic, Hen. an icon.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
RParadela wrote:

why yall give this idiot the time of day
Lmao. I like some Yachty but I don't think anyone really thinks he's a serious lyricist and I don't find that to be because of race.

ETA: I haven't watched that review so idk, maybe I'm missing something - if so, my b.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 pm

theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
That's beautiful lol.
That's so awesome, congrats! I'm pretty sure mine will be ending within the next two weeks. Where are you going?
USC, I am on the waitlist for C,C, and Penn but I'm not holding my breathe lol. I want to work in the LA market. I live in california right now. All my family and support is here lol.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:33 pm

ETA: I haven't watched that review so idk, maybe I'm missing something - if so, my b.
the point is that saying lil boat is rap's "punk phase" just because your only context is that you review white alternative and indie music all morning, noon, and night is pretty racially reductive towards how hip/hop + rap has progressed. rap doesn't have a punk phase, because the progression of white music/rock is totally not representative of black music.

also just cuz this reviewer is a bullshit artist

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

How do my fellow TLSrs feel about Northwestern and its reputation? Do we think it'll climb further in the rankings?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:How do my fellow TLSrs feel about Northwestern and its reputation? Do we think it'll climb further in the rankings?
probably will remain static. its hard to climb in the t13/14 whatever it is now

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:10 pm

lol did anyone else just get the gonzaga mass email that says it's only a draft in the subject haha

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

shotgunheist wrote:lol did anyone else just get the gonzaga mass email that says it's only a draft in the subject haha
lmao this reminds me of when I got this email from fordham with NONE of its recipients blind copied, or the time Penn State emailed everyone and we all found out what lists they'd placed us on.

futureellewoods123

Bronze

Post by futureellewoods123 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:21 pm

shotgunheist wrote:lol did anyone else just get the gonzaga mass email that says it's only a draft in the subject haha
lol I saw that. at least there's some humor in these awful times of waiting for decisions

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”