TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

thatlawlkid

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (politics pole)

Post by thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 pm

So im confused, you stop responding to me here but tell the FB group that i'm on thin ice? hahahhaahh priceless. I'm shaking in my sperries

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:" Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job. "

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion, but it is an opinion and you're entitled to it. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?
MPD would, I'm guessing, require a personal sidearm that was semi automatic and shouldn't be locked in an armory. There are most likely other military personnel that would also need one for similar reasons, police/guards are just the first ones to jump out. I don't know if it was expressed in the best way, but it seems that her opinion is "in the military you should probably have to lock up your weapon (in an armory, not just "behind two locks") and the only exemption to that would be someone who's job necessitated them to respond to a threat immediately (not the job description of your run of the mill off-duty enlisted)
^^^^ THAT PART. Thank you for wording it better than I made the effort to lol. I mainly put the edit because I was thinking of security forces guys and don't really know what the protocol is for them regarding their weapons and stuff so figured that there are probably jobs that require access to those weapons more readily.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:54 pm

brinicolec wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:" Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job. "

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion, but it is an opinion and you're entitled to it. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?
I'm pretty pro-regulation on gun ownership because I think people's "right to bear arms" is less important than the violence from wide-spread gun ownership.

That being said I've run into a lot more gun owners in Texas than where I grew up northeastish, and I will say in general this statement
semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.
tends to be pretty triggering to gun owners.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm

TexasENG wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I'm pretty pro-regulation on gun ownership because I think people's "right to bear arms" is less important than the violence from wide-spread gun ownership.

That being said I've run into a lot more gun owners in Texas than where I grew up northeastish, and I will say in general this statement
semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.
tends to be pretty triggering to gun owners.
Well, that's fair enough. I don't own guns and I don't have an interest in owning guns so it's highly likely that I will have a different opinion on guns than someone who has a vault full of them/likes to go hunting/whatever else. Everyone has their opinions. It's not his opinion that was bothering me; it's the way he was talking to me like I'm below him that I have a very, very serious problem with, which I why I decided to no longer engage in a dialogue with him. I know my buttons, and he was pushing the wrong one.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:02 pm

*no longer engage in dialogue*
*tries to call out in the FB group*

sorry but there's some mixed messages here. :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

brinicolec wrote: Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job.
snatched. as. fuck.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:*no longer engage in dialogue*
*tries to call out in the FB group*

sorry but there's some mixed messages here. :oops:
Hun, I posted that in the FB group BEFORE I told you I no longer wished to engage in a dialogue with you because I was hoping that maybe on here, it just wasn't clear that I found the way you were talking to me offensive and bothersome (although idk how it could be unclear when I said I felt that you are being condescending towards me). At this point, it seems like you're literally TRYING to get a rise out of me and it's getting on my fucking nerves, especially since you SAW the post on FB, COMMENTED on the post on FB (without identifying yourself as the poster), and have SEEN my comments on the other comments on the post on FB. At this point, you really just need to shut the fuck up.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm

brinicolec wrote:
are you a phoenix alt?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 pm

amta wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
are you a phoenix alt?
I don't even think I know who that is. lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:17 pm

brinicolec wrote:
amta wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
are you a phoenix alt?
it means you should post in the lounge more.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:21 pm

amta wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
amta wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
are you a phoenix alt?
it means you should post in the lounge more.
fair enough. I kinda just pop in and out of there.. Will work on getting my life together and posting more in the lounge :lol:

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:I'm shaking in my sperries
I don't mean to get involved in this back and forth at all and do not mean this as a judgment.

That said, I'm really here to just say I like this line. You should adopt it in your daily repertoire.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Haha this is amazing. Cross medium flame is so rare these days :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:25 pm

34iplaw wrote:
I don't mean to get involved in this back and forth at all and do not mean this as a judgment.

That said, I'm really here to just say I like this line. You should adopt it in your daily repertoire.
Honestly, though, if you're going to wear boat shoes, get Quoddys or GTFO

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Smc1994 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

I'll check them out. I don't think I've bought a pair of boat shoes in five years nor have I worn a pair in a long time. I basically just wear drivers and wholecut balmorals.

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Smc1994 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

I'll check them out. I don't think I've bought a pair of boat shoes in five years nor have I worn a pair in a long time. I basically just wear drivers and wholecut balmorals.
If you don't have ostentatiously colored Tods, do you even go to Antibes?

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

34iplaw wrote:

If u csnt do it in boat shoes, it probaby isn't worth doing

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Smc1994 wrote: If you don't have ostentatiously colored Tods, do you even go to Antibes?
How ostentatious are we talking? I have two pairs of shoes (well three, but I'm probably selling one pair rather than wearing and keeping) that are quite over the top. When debating to buy one of the pairs, I asked a girl that I would describe as a friend with a potential underpinning of mutual disdain. She replied that they are atrocious, obnoxious, 'guido-esque', etc., so I bought them on the spot. Then again, they aren't Tods, so I guess I don't Antibes.

(I also have a lowkey shoe problem, and I prefer to reference pretentious places as verbs - i.e. one does not go to the Hamptons; one Hamptons for the weekend.)
thatlawlkid wrote:If u csnt do it in boat shoes, it probaby isn't worth doing
Despite being a monstrosity who does not like pizza, you have provided yet another wonderful and pragmatic axiom.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:57 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Smc1994 wrote: If you don't have ostentatiously colored Tods, do you even go to Antibes?
How ostentatious are we talking? I have two pairs of shoes (well three, but I'm probably selling one pair rather than wearing and keeping) that are quite over the top. When debating to buy one of the pairs, I asked a girl that I would describe as a friend with a potential underpinning of mutual disdain. She replied that they are atrocious, obnoxious, 'guido-esque', etc., so I bought them on the spot. Then again, they aren't Tods, so I guess I don't Antibes.

(I also have a lowkey shoe problem)
thatlawlkid wrote:If u csnt do it in boat shoes, it probaby isn't worth doing
Despite being a monstrosity who does not like pizza, you have provided yet another wonderful and pragmatic axiom.
I love pizza, Its just cutting season. But pineapple on pizza is bad and you should feel bad if you like it.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:59 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:I love pizza, Its just cutting season. But pineapple on pizza is bad and you should feel bad if you like it.
Oh - shoof. That's a relief. I won't earnestly defend Pineapple pizza, but I do eat it in the way that I listen to Pitbull - enthusiasm correlates with BAC.

That said, I do think a Pineapple pizza could be done really well, but it never is.

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 pm

34iplaw wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:I love pizza, Its just cutting season. But pineapple on pizza is bad and you should feel bad if you like it.
Oh - shoof. That's a relief. I won't earnestly defend Pineapple pizza, but I do eat it in the way that I listen to Pitbull - enthusiasm correlates with BAC.

That said, I do think a Pineapple pizza could be done really well, but it never is.
Pineapple, bacon, jalapeño is heaven

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Pineapple, bacon, jalapeño is heaven
+1

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 pm

My boyfriend always gets this really shitty pizza from Dominoes with bell peppers, feta, and white sauce. I can't deal. All of our friends love it or hate it and have named it after him.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 pm

chandhi wrote:My exboyfriend always gets this really shitty pizza from Dominoes with bell peppers, feta, and white sauce. I can't deal. All of our friends love it or hate it and have named it after him.
fixed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”