TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

smilingorch

New

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by smilingorch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Rigo wrote:damn I didn't do honors track specifically to avoid writing a 25-30 page thesis. I can't imagine having to do a 50k word thesis. At that point I would just drop out and write a novel instead.
LOL! I seriously thought that's what they must've wanted from me. Props to people who did honors theses. They required the proposal alone to be 5-8 pages to do an honors thesis in my major (at which point I gave up all hopes of graduating with honors :lol: )

Whittie

Bronze

Post by Whittie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:27 pm

smilingorch wrote:
Rigo wrote:damn I didn't do honors track specifically to avoid writing a 25-30 page thesis. I can't imagine having to do a 50k word thesis. At that point I would just drop out and write a novel instead.
LOL! I seriously thought that's what they must've wanted from me. Props to people who did honors theses. They required the proposal alone to be 5-8 pages to do an honors thesis in my major (at which point I gave up all hopes of graduating with honors :lol: )
Honestly right now 50,000 would seem more manageable. I'm doing dense analytic philosophy and feel like I'm short-changing a lot of my points to fit them under the word limit.

Luckily when I get too stressed I can just check my status checkers and stress more!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Oh to not go to clown college.

smilingorch

New

Post by smilingorch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Whittie wrote:
smilingorch wrote:
Honestly right now 50,000 would seem more manageable. I'm doing dense analytic philosophy and feel like I'm short-changing a lot of my points to fit them under the word limit.

Luckily when I get too stressed I can just check my status checkers and stress more!
:shock: WOW! I struggled so hard to meet the 50k minimum. More power to you my friend! As for the status checkers, I don't even bother. They always email you when a status checker update of note (decision, interview request) is posted. I got caught way too many times by my coworkers obsessively checking the thing that they thought I had problems! :oops: lol

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm

NEW POLL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:47 pm

New answer: Going to Cooley at sticker in the Lounge

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:Any other K-JDs going through some hardcore senioritis? Very hard to get any work done when we've already been accepted to schools and this semester's grades don't really matter.
It's a struggle to go to class at this point
I just walked to my cubicle (on a Sunday) after spending the weekend in berkeley and saw ten files stacked on my chair, two on my keyboard, and four on my regular desk. 150 emails. Good Mood immediately dissipated :( I think the fact that I'm leaving soon makes it worse :) just three or so more months
+1 knowing I'm leaving definitely makes it worse when im handed a ton of work. Glad I'm not he only one that is experiencing that
Yes exactly!! It is good to know someone else feels the same way haha it sucks because it feels endless and pointless

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Post by Baby Gaga » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:07 pm

meh. I've already shamelessly admitted that I'm a TLSer (in one thread in a closed FB group in one comment that I promptly deleted)

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:meh. I've already shamelessly admitted that I'm a TLSer (in one thread in a closed FB group in one comment that I promptly deleted)
actually that was dope. respect.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 pm

haley12 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:I met two TLSers at this admitted student's weekend event. They knew me from the site lol. Really clicked with one of them. They talked about T13 and I knew they were on the site right then. It's cool to meet TLS people in real life!
I'm going to an ASW this coming weekend and wondering if this will happen to me... I'll definitely keep an eye out.
It's so dope. It's like meeting someone who understands you lol.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Hung out with a TLSer for a few hours at a bar one night at ASW but didn't know he was on TLS until I got on the thread later and saw he posted about being at that bar. We're Facebook friends now haha

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am

chandhi wrote:Hung out with a TLSer for a few hours at a bar one night at ASW but didn't know he was on TLS until I got on the thread later and saw he posted about being at that bar. We're Facebook friends now haha
So unfortunate that I can't go to bars. I'll have to try and make friends without alcohol :lol:

nimbus cloud

Silver

Post by nimbus cloud » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 am

haley12 wrote:
chandhi wrote:Hung out with a TLSer for a few hours at a bar one night at ASW but didn't know he was on TLS until I got on the thread later and saw he posted about being at that bar. We're Facebook friends now haha
So unfortunate that I can't go to bars. I'll have to try and make friends without alcohol :lol:
I wouldn't worry about it. I went to bars but met most of the people in other places, sober.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 am

Sooooo anyone want to backpack Europe this summer? Was bored today in class and found a flight from Miami to Barcelona for $200 lol

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am

RParadela wrote:Sooooo anyone want to backpack Europe this summer? Was bored today in class and found a flight from Miami to Barcelona for $200 lol

Already planning on it! I say do it!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

R. Jeeves wrote:NEW POLL
Inspired by my interaction lol.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 am

I'd probably admit I'm a TLSer but not that I'm a megaposter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 am

Rigo wrote:I'd probably admit I'm a TLSer but not that I'm a megaposter.
I met someone at Berkeley who was a lurker and she mentioned your name as one she remembered :mrgreen:

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 am

Keilz wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'd probably admit I'm a TLSer but not that I'm a megaposter.
I met someone at Berkeley who was a lurker and she mentioned your name as one she remembered :mrgreen:
Im way more touched and flattered by this than I probably should be.
[youtube]MWtUVDG5M1w[/youtube]

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Refreshing to realize that in less than a month first seat deposits will be due and my decision will be made.

Terrifying to realize that in less than a month first seat deposits will be due and my decision will be made.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:Any other K-JDs going through some hardcore senioritis? Very hard to get any work done when we've already been accepted to schools and this semester's grades don't really matter.
I just walked to my cubicle (on a Sunday) after spending the weekend in berkeley and saw ten files stacked on my chair, two on my keyboard, and four on my regular desk. 150 emails. Good Mood immediately dissipated :( I think the fact that I'm leaving soon makes it worse :) just three or so more months
This is me exactly this morning. I have such huge stacks of files...and yet I am here, on TLS, instead of doing work :lol:

Oh, and my flight got in at 5am this morning from CA and I slept for 2 hours before coming into the office...yaaaay

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:
This is me exactly this morning. I have such huge stacks of files...and yet I am here, on TLS, instead of doing work :lol:

Oh, and my flight got in at 5am this morning from CA and I slept for 2 hours before coming into the office...yaaaay
Omg I did something really similar once and it was awful. :x wish offices had nap rooms

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:

Omg I did something really similar once and it was awful. :x wish offices had nap rooms
Any room is a nap room if you're committed enough.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:58 pm

jstans wrote:
Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:

Any room is a nap room if you're committed enough.
lol I did once lay down in my car during lunch once. It helped!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:39 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
RParadela wrote:

This was me in Friday. So many things didn't get done because I spent a good portion of my day on TLS.

Really regretted it today when I came in to several "did this get done yet" emails.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”