TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

NotAGolfer

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Keilz wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I feel like Keliz putting the whole FB thing together should qualify as a strong soft.
LOL I send an updated resume:

"Developed strong, close-knit community of legal-minded students in social forum, allowing members to develop relationships and discuss pertinent and evolving legal processes."
YASSS

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:OK time to make an embarrassing confession since we're obviously so comfortable with each other now.

A (very small, almost non-existent) part of the reason why I picked my school was because I really like the ID # they assigned me.
Wait... What's so special about your #? lol
It's almost a perfect combination of my past two ID #s combined haha
I still haven't memorized mine.

I should probably get my life together lol

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Having so much trouble focusing on work rn...
[+] Spoiler
Also, had a fun little debate with myself: "do I post to TLS or the FB group to help me procrastinate?" TLS won out mostly because I need to get my post count up :lol:
This! TLS is not as active now but I need a few more poasts lol. Facebook friends, come back to TTTLS plz

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 pm

amta wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
amta wrote: yale
retake
the obvious answer for someone who isn't a dumb is SLS.
Do you really feel that you would choose sls over hls

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 pm

I can tell who did undergraduate mock trial in the FB group b/c all our mutual friends are the same choice individuals

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:00 pm

chandhi wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Also, had a fun little debate with myself: "do I post to TLS or the FB group to help me procrastinate?" TLS won out mostly because I need to get my post count up :lol:
This! TLS is not as active now but I need a few more poasts lol. Facebook friends, come back to TTTLS plz
I'm going to force myself to post here at least until I reach 500. I'm so embarrassed by my lack of flair

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:08 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I'm going to force myself to post here at least until I reach 500. I'm so embarrassed by my lack of flair
That's exactly what I'm doing. LOL when all of TLS is just conversations between us.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 pm

chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
[+] Spoiler
That's exactly what I'm doing. LOL when all of TLS is just conversations between us.
And dyebri debating SLS vs HLS with him/herself

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Since y'all want to bring life back to TLS: Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not taking out an additional $5-6k matters in the grand scheme of soul-crushing debt? (I'm probably looking at around $200k :cry:)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:Since y'all want to bring life back to TLS: Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not taking out an additional $5-6k matters in the grand scheme of soul-crushing debt? (I'm probably looking at around $200k :cry:)
I think it depends on how comfortable it makes you. If it's gonna help you get better grades by being closer to campus or something, I think it's 100% worth it.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Since y'all want to bring life back to TLS: Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not taking out an additional $5-6k matters in the grand scheme of soul-crushing debt? (I'm probably looking at around $200k :cry:)
I think it depends on how comfortable it makes you. If it's gonna help you get better grades by being closer to campus or something, I think it's 100% worth it.
Eh, it'll primarily be extra money or money I save for if I decide I want to live alone 2L and end up liking somewhere that costs more than we're allowed and don't get a 1L summer firm job so don't have extra money lying around.

Edit: at this point, my comfort is gone. $200k is a lot lol. It's more of like a "Does it make sense to take it all out?"/"Will it really be that much more debt if I do take it out?"

I suppose I could play around with a debt calculator and see what it looks like with interest.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Eh, it'll primarily be extra money or money I save for if I decide I want to live alone 2L and end up liking somewhere that costs more than we're allowed and don't get a 1L summer firm job so don't have extra money lying around.
In the grand scheme of things? Probably not. Are you talking about over the three years or each year?

The advice I've gotten from friends is take out only the amount you need, because you'll probably spend 100% of what you take out.

I've been debating this as well and I have a very nerdy and detailed spreadsheet trying to figure out the minimum I need while still being comfortable. I don't think there's an easy answer lol

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Edit: at this point, my comfort is gone. $200k is a lot lol. It's more of like a "Does it make sense to take it all out?"/"Will it really be that much more debt if I do take it out?"

I suppose I could play around with a debt calculator and see what it looks like with interest.
Yeah I think the debt calculator is a good idea. Didn't Mich say we can take out more throughout the year if we need it though? I think I remember hearing that during the financial aid session

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Yeah I think the debt calculator is a good idea. Didn't Mich say we can take out more throughout the year if we need it though? I think I remember hearing that during the financial aid session

I think you can if you only request disbursement for one semester at a time... I'm not sure about if you just do the whole year.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
In the grand scheme of things? Probably not. Are you talking about over the three years or each year?

The advice I've gotten from friends is take out only the amount you need, because you'll probably spend 100% of what you take out.

I've been debating this as well and I have a very nerdy and detailed spreadsheet trying to figure out the minimum I need while still being comfortable. I don't think there's an easy answer lol
Right now, I'm just referring to for 1L.
I fully intend to put the extra I don't really need in a savings acct.... but who knows how that'll go lol

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm

looking at 200k myself. Idk, depending on what its for of course you can justify it. But then again, look at 6k financed over 10 years at 7.5% and think about all the other fun stuff you could do with that

baseballfan660

Bronze

Post by baseballfan660 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Late to the party and more of a lurker, but if anyone wants my instagram feel free, to hop into my private messages and ask. If you like cake or funny throwback pictures you should def follow me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:looking at 200k myself. Idk, depending on what its for of course you can justify it. But then again, look at 6k financed over 10 years at 7.5% and think about all the other fun stuff you could do with that

Yeah I'll have to do some calculating and see what the post-interest rate differences are.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:Late to the party and more of a lurker, but if anyone wants my instagram feel free, to hop into my private messages and ask. If you like cake or funny throwback pictures you should def follow me.
Follow me @chandhi and I'll follow back! Will also aggressively support your law school posts with likes and comments

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Keilz wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I feel like Keliz putting the whole FB thing together should qualify as a strong soft.
LOL I send an updated resume:

"Developed strong, close-knit community of legal-minded students in social forum, allowing members to develop relationships and discuss pertinent and evolving legal processes."
Oh damn. This is basically how my whole resume reads.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm

chandhi wrote:OK time to make an embarrassing confession since we're obviously so comfortable with each other now.

A (very small, almost non-existent) part of the reason why I picked my school was because I really like the ID # they assigned me.
A really big completely existent part of me judged every school I visited by the types of food on campus and within short walking distance. I have standards that go beyond employment outcomes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

A really big completely existent part of me judged every school I visited by the types of food on campus and within short walking distance. I have standards that go beyond employment outcomes.
Oh I'll admit to that with no shame. I chose my school because I need more cheese curds in my life

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 pm

chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

Oh I'll admit to that with no shame. I chose my school because I need more cheese curds in my life
Same. I need tacos and seafood within walking distance.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

I def judge too much on the schools graphic design, especially if I've never been to the school. Like what their logo and website is like and how much everything matches on their communications.

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 pm

chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

I definitely did some research on which school has the nicest sweatshirts/attire before I committed

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”