Hastings C/O 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Bronze

Re: Hastings C/O 2019 Applicants

Post by 265489164158 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks for the tips - I'm married so I'll be moving up with my spouse. How long would the commute be by car from the Mills College area to Hastings, factoring in traffic?
To get from Oakland to SF there are a lot of good transportation options. I am signing a lease this week for a place south of Lake Merritt. I can take the bus or walk to Bart, which is then a 16 minute ride to Civic Center. Also, you can get casual carpool or do Trans-Bay bus. Both of those don't put you as near Civic Center as Bart, but get you across the bay without sitting in Bay Bridge traffic for long. Or, if you are set on driving, you pick up a few other 1L's (like me) and zip across in carpool lane.

My first choice in Oakland was Rockridge area, but nothing I could afford. Lake Merritt is beautiful and I think it will be good for my mental state to build some walking into my day.

Bender7

New

Post by Bender7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 am

would strongly reconsider your decision to attend. Much easier road at a higher ranked school with a better administration. Here, you are on your own fighting tooth and tooth for any shitlaw job you can find. I wouldn't attend Hastings

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Any WLers hear anything since the 6/16 deposit deadline?

spottedgiraffes

New

Post by spottedgiraffes » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Dammit. They closed off the waitlist today. I just got my June LSAT score too with a higher score above the median :cry:

BottomOfTotem

New

Post by BottomOfTotem » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Somewhat personal question, but hopefully somebody will feel inclined to answer: did anyone receive an offer for a full scholarship? This information would be greatly beneficial for me going forward.

A PM would be fine too, if you'd rather keep the info confidential.

Thank you to anyone who replies.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sash

New

Post by sash » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Does anyone know if you can put down a deposit for the towers without accepting Hastings’ admission offer? I don’t want to accept yet in case my TC accepts me but want to make sure I have housing set up if my TC doesn’t accept me

shy1

New

Post by shy1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Has anyone heard back from Hastings for Fall '18 admissions? I submitted my application on 12/11 and went under review 12/22.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Whats up with Hastings? It is almost February and but for a couple of decisions here and there, they have virtually not released any of the decisions for this entire cycle. I don't understand what the logic is on waiting until most people have their entire cycle over before even letting people know whats up. I suppose they can reduce their applicant pool by doing that, for people get into a school of higher choice and withdrawal, but still.... seems kinda crazy to wait until February to BEGIN to release decisions.

Edit: figures but two hours later they start releasing decisions.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:11 am

I graduated in 2013 from UCH. I lived around Lake Merritt, and the West Oakland BART in Oakland. I also lived in Forest Hills, Cole Valley, and the Tenderloin in SF.

carpooling (and using the RFID toll tag) are pretty key for commuting, but not worth driving into city unless you pay for a parking pass.

In general i would recommend living in the tower for 1L unless it is way more expensive now

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”