University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How high is UW Law on your hype list?

No question UW Law is the place for me!
14
18%
It's up there, but I have a few competitors.
22
28%
It's all about the scholly.
19
24%
Middle of the road.
6
8%
Safety, not very interested.
14
18%
I just applied for fun.
4
5%
 
Total votes: 79

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:36 pm

In review. How about everyone else?

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen

Bronze
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Anyone attending the online webinar on Monday?

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Anyone attending the online webinar on Monday?


Yup, see (hear) you there.

JonTheMandamus

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby JonTheMandamus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:12 pm

1L checking in to answer questions.

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:12 pm

JonTheMandamus wrote:1L checking in to answer questions.


Thanks! I'll let others ask questions, but what's your impression overall about the application and financial aid process at UW Law? Does it take a while?

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:13 pm

It looks like last year's decisions (ED & RD) started going out around the first week of December. Only a couple of weeks!
Last edited by dony_tanza on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen

Bronze
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Class of 2015 entering class profile:

GPA: 3.41/3.65/3.79
LSAT: 159/164/166

Applied: 2877
Admitted: 775
Enrolled: 170

Source: Live webinar

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Class of 2015 entering class profile:

GPA: 3.41/3.65/3.79
LSAT: 159/164/166

Applied: 2877
Admitted: 775
Enrolled: 170

Source: Live webinar


Cool, will add to the header.

User avatar
bamb00zled

Bronze
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby bamb00zled » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:12 pm

dony_tanza wrote:It looks like last year decisions (ED & RD) started going out around the first week of December. Only a couple of weeks!


yay!!

User avatar
jwwoodma

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby jwwoodma » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Good luck everyone! I was living up in Seattle this summer and it's a tough place to beat.

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen

Bronze
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:38 pm

@ OP, get your post count to 100 so you can post some pics of the law school & Seattle.

JonTheMandamus

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby JonTheMandamus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:46 pm

dony_tanza wrote:
JonTheMandamus wrote:1L checking in to answer questions.


Thanks! I'll let others ask questions, but what's your impression overall about the application and financial aid process at UW Law? Does it take a while?


I can only speak to my experience, but I thought the UW adcomms were friendly and open. The application process itself is similar to that of other schools. Be sure to explain why UW. My scholarship package came within a few days after the offer, but don't feel anxious if it doesn't come immediately. (If deposit deadlines are rolling around and radio silence, then you should probably ask)

User avatar
gastronomy

Bronze
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby gastronomy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:20 am

.
Last edited by gastronomy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nnakhayee

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby nnakhayee » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Just received a call from the Dean and an email right after, I'm in!! Good luck to everyone else

User avatar
gastronomy

Bronze
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby gastronomy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm

.
Last edited by gastronomy on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nnakhayee

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby nnakhayee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:39 am

gastronomy wrote:
nnakhayee wrote:Just received a call from the Dean and an email right after, I'm in!! Good luck to everyone else


Congratulations! :)

If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take for your app. to go from "In Review" to you receiving a decision?



No worries!! I submitted 11/6, went in review 11/7, and it changed to decision today 11/20.

User avatar
gastronomy

Bronze
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby gastronomy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:10 am

.
Last edited by gastronomy on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 am

nnakhayee wrote:No worries!! I submitted 11/6, went in review 11/7, and it changed to decision today 11/20.


How were your numbers (compared to the medians)?

User avatar
Xnegd

Bronze
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Xnegd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm under review, good luck everyone.

I applied in 2010 and was rejected, so I'm hoping that five years more work experience help set me apart.

Admissions has been unbelievably nice to me. They answered all my questions, and genuinely helped me with my application and with my personal circumstances. I won't go into my personal situation, but will say they listened very well and gave me a fee waiver due to such. You should probably never judge a school based on their Admissions staff, but if I were to do so I couldn't find any better treatment than at UW.

Again - good luck all!

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:41 am

Xnegd wrote:I'm under review, good luck everyone.

I applied in 2010 and was rejected, so I'm hoping that five years more work experience help set me apart.

Admissions has been unbelievably nice to me. They answered all my questions, and genuinely helped me with my application and with my personal circumstances. I won't go into my personal situation, but will say they listened very well and gave me a fee waiver due to such. You should probably never judge a school based on their Admissions staff, but if I were to do so I couldn't find any better treatment than at UW.

Again - good luck all!


Good luck to you too! Yeah their admissions team has been great - very friendly.

nnakhayee

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby nnakhayee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

dony_tanza wrote:
nnakhayee wrote:No worries!! I submitted 11/6, went in review 11/7, and it changed to decision today 11/20.


How were your numbers (compared to the medians)?



162, 3.71, non URM, good experience

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dony_tanza » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:46 pm

nnakhayee wrote:
dony_tanza wrote:
nnakhayee wrote:No worries!! I submitted 11/6, went in review 11/7, and it changed to decision today 11/20.


How were your numbers (compared to the medians)?



162, 3.71, non URM, good experience


Ok good to know, thanks. Congrats again!

Go Justice

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Go Justice » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:40 pm

nnakhayee wrote:Just received a call from the Dean and an email right after, I'm in!! Good luck to everyone else



Wow Congratulations! I didn't know they called. What a nice touch. Did your status checker change before/right after?

ether

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ether » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 am

very dumb question but i cannot for the life of me find the status checker on the website. where's it at??

User avatar
Xnegd

Bronze
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Xnegd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:17 am

ether wrote:very dumb question but i cannot for the life of me find the status checker on the website. where's it at??


Took me a while too. Am at work, but if memory serves you click on the link they sent, then click on JD on their webpages, then just do a crtl+f for status.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests