Columbia Reserved 2018 (the ultimate wait) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
White Dwarf

Bronze

Re: Columbia Reserved 2018 (the ultimate wait)

Post by White Dwarf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 am

Their Financial Aid Office is so frustrating to deal with.

I just need them to email me the questionnaire so I can complete my requirements and they Still. Haven't. Sent. It.

shamallama

New

Post by shamallama » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:44 am

White Dwarf wrote:Their Financial Aid Office is so frustrating to deal with.

I just need them to email me the questionnaire so I can complete my requirements and they Still. Haven't. Sent. It.
Call them. They sent it to me after calling. I asked them about tomorrow's deadline as well and they said if we get everything in to them that they can talk to admissions to let them know they are making their financial aid determination. It's obviously absurd to commit to a program without even getting that information back.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 pm

EDIT: Just got my award, and now I feel bad for complaining. Hello, Columbia!

Frucutu

New

Post by Frucutu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:11 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:If we already sent a LOCI back in April would it be worthwhile to send another brief email to express our continued interest? I know it's important to stay in touch when you're on the WL but I don't have anything substantive to add so I'm not sure what to do
+1

I'm in this same situation, wondering the same thing. Would really appreciate people's input.

(First post!)

tfarunner

New

Post by tfarunner » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06 am

Frucutu wrote:
supersplittysplitter wrote:If we already sent a LOCI back in April would it be worthwhile to send another brief email to express our continued interest? I know it's important to stay in touch when you're on the WL but I don't have anything substantive to add so I'm not sure what to do
+1

I'm in this same situation, wondering the same thing. Would really appreciate people's input.

(First post!)
Would also be curious on this!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tekadin

New

Post by tekadin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I may have to make a definitive decision this week. Any insight into when we'll start seeing movement again?

MAPM08

New

Post by MAPM08 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Judging from last year's thread, there was no one on the forum or LSN accepted off the reserve past the initial interview --> acceptances of early May. I think that after June, it will begin to look pretty bleak for us unfortunately.

Happy Monday ya'll. :)

MAPM08

New

Post by MAPM08 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:47 pm

tfarunner wrote:
Frucutu wrote:
+1

(First post!)
Would also be curious on this!
I think it's strategic to send a second LOCI, especially if it's been a while since you've sent the first one. I think its important to let them know that you're still in it for the long hall. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

p.s. I sent in a second LOCI after receiving the weird "Columbia Law School Decision" enclosed but not really email.

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:20 am

Apparently everyone didn't get admitted off the waitlist received the "decision" letter to be informed that we are reserved...again!

As far as I concern, the letter is telling us that they currently have filled all the seats, and we may get some luck if some super unfortunate guy couldn't get a visa to enter US, or someone suddenly decides to give up law school after all he has been through...it seems hopeless to me :( :( :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

greenapples

Bronze

Post by greenapples » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:23 am

sophiayang wrote:Apparently everyone didn't get admitted off the waitlist received the "decision" letter to be informed that we are reserved...again!

As far as I concern, the letter is telling us that they currently have filled all the seats, and we may get some luck if some super unfortunate guy couldn't get a visa to enter US, or someone suddenly decides to give up law school after all he has been through...it seems hopeless to me :( :( :(
Who are you??

beef26

New

Post by beef26 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am

sophiayang wrote:Apparently everyone didn't get admitted off the waitlist received the "decision" letter to be informed that we are reserved...again!

think happy thoughts, negativity won't do anyone any good

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

greenapples wrote:

Who are you??
I'm new here, just some poor guy in the reserve group.

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 am

beef26 wrote:

think happy thoughts, negativity won't do anyone any good
You are definitely right, yet I can't help wondering if this is the time to be realistic...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lunabella

New

Post by lunabella » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:50 pm

when did this letter go out?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 am

lunabella wrote:

I received it on June 5th.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 pm

sophiayang wrote:
lunabella wrote:

Are you an American citizen?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am

Wild Card wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
lunabella wrote:

Are you an American citizen?
No, I'm an international student.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SPaya

New

Post by SPaya » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Has anyone heard anything back yet?

whatshisname

New

Post by whatshisname » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:28 pm

SPaya wrote:Has anyone heard anything back yet?
Nada. Zip. Nothing. Zilch. :'(

pta

Gold

Post removed...

Post by pta » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

whatshisname

New

Post by whatshisname » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:03 pm

I tell myself not to get my hopes up, especially with such a low LSAT... but I'm really hoping somehow this cycle ends up being kind to us reverse splitters =/.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nasa211

New

Post by nasa211 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Had my interview last week and just got accepted today :) :) :)

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm

nasa211 wrote:
Congrats!

tls123456789

New

Post by tls123456789 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 am

nasa211 wrote:
Any chance you could share how you matched up with their medians to help us get a sense of what they're harvesting?

nasa211

New

Post by nasa211 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:35 am

tls123456789 wrote:
nasa211 wrote:
Any chance you could share how you matched up with their medians to help us get a sense of what they're harvesting?
I was not a splitter in either either way. I was below median for both with gpa around 25th percentile and just below median LSAT. Not URM either or a strong resume. I honestly have no idea how it happened

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”