Columbia Reserved 2018 (the ultimate wait) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cbbinnyc

Bronze

Re: Columbia Reserved 2018 (the ultimate wait)

Post by cbbinnyc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:52 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:
grwfews4546 wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:
grwfews4546 wrote:Same here, they are going to drive me crazy hahaha

Edit: do you have the link to the reserve response form? The one in my PDF doesn't seem to be working.
http://www.law.columbia.edu/secondreserve
Thank you!!
My link doesn't work either, but are we sure this is the second reserve? I feel like I've gotten at least 3 of these fake "decision" emails by now
The letter I got definitely says "/secondreserve". I was a bit confused too, as this is the second time they've made a "non-decision" which would seem to suggest we're on 3rd reserve, but who knows. Columbia works in mysterious ways.

bertabound

New

Post by bertabound » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:21 pm

cbbinnyc wrote:
grwfews4546 wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:

Edit: do you have the link to the reserve response form? The one in my PDF doesn't seem to be working.
Thank you!!
My link doesn't work either, but are we sure this is the second reserve? I feel like I've gotten at least 3 of these fake "decision" emails by now
The letter I got definitely says "/secondreserve". I was a bit confused too, as this is the second time they've made a "non-decision" which would seem to suggest we're on 3rd reserve, but who knows. Columbia works in mysterious ways.
My letter says "/ugeqpf reserve" so I'm not sure what that's about. It also says that registration and orientation begins on "O qpday, August 19". Maybe I got a fake letter.

tekadin

New

Post by tekadin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Did people also receive rejection emails yesterday? I'm going nuts trying to figure out the significance of being left out of this wave of emails.

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:47 pm

bertabound wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:
grwfews4546 wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:

Thank you!!
My letter says "/ugeqpf reserve" so I'm not sure what that's about. It also says that registration and orientation begins on "O qpday, August 19". Maybe I got a fake letter.
Yeah, my letter said the same thing when I looked at it in the gmail preview reader, but when I DL'ed the pdf and viewed it in Acrobat, it was readable. Some sort of font compatibility error or something.
tekadin wrote:Did people also receive rejection emails yesterday? I'm going nuts trying to figure out the significance of being left out of this wave of emails.
It could mean anything ... it might mean that you have a rejection coming your way (they seem to do rejections by snail mail) but it could also just mean they haven't sent out all the reserve emails yet and you'll get it after the long weekend. Who knows, maybe they are waiting to contact you about an interview. Columbia admissions knows no rules.

jimmyjustice

New

Post by jimmyjustice » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:50 am

cbbinnyc wrote:
bertabound wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:
grwfews4546 wrote:
cbbinnyc wrote:

Thank you!!
Yeah, my letter said the same thing when I looked at it in the gmail preview reader, but when I DL'ed the pdf and viewed it in Acrobat, it was readable. Some sort of font compatibility error or something.
Man that's so strange. DL'ed it and it says /secondreserve but links me to /VHRFQGreserve.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cvold

New

Post by cvold » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:08 am

Has anyone been able to open the link to the reserve response form? Or sent them an e-mail about it??

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:23 pm

cvold wrote:Has anyone been able to open the link to the reserve response form? Or sent them an e-mail about it??
Having the same issue

bobzilla12

New

Post by bobzilla12 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 am

LFCNY9

New

Post by LFCNY9 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Dinged via snail mail today - bummed but was always a long shot. Good luck to those still waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cristinaSD

New

Post by cristinaSD » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi all,

New to this, but am desperate for info. Columbia placed me on reserve in April, and I received an email saying I'm still on reserve on June 4th. I've since sent a LOCI, which they responded saying they added to my file on June 24th, and haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know what "pile" I'm in right now? Anyone else in this same situation?

Thanks!!!!

greenapples

Bronze

Post by greenapples » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 pm

cristinaSD wrote:Hi all,

New to this, but am desperate for info. Columbia placed me on reserve in April, and I received an email saying I'm still on reserve on June 4th. I've since sent a LOCI, which they responded saying they added to my file on June 24th, and haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know what "pile" I'm in right now? Anyone else in this same situation?

Thanks!!!!
Did you receive an email after June 24th, specifically the letter with the link to the second reserve?

cristinaSD

New

Post by cristinaSD » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:59 pm

greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
Did you receive an email after June 24th, specifically the letter with the link to the second reserve?
I didn't... however is was after the 24th that they confirmed the letter was added to my file. Should I have gotten an email? I'm scared.

cristinaSD

New

Post by cristinaSD » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:04 pm

greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
No... I got the email saying they were adding the LOCI to my file on the 25th. And that's all I've heard. Should I have gotten an email? I'm scared...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:36 am

cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
No... I got the email saying they were adding the LOCI to my file on the 25th. And that's all I've heard. Should I have gotten an email? I'm scared...
Don't want to disappoint you, but it's very likely that you got rejected...I didn't received the second reserve email and sent them an LOCI on Monday, yet they hadn't responded to it till now...Seems that they use snail mail to reject people...

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:47 pm

I got the second reserve e-mail as well. Does anyone know what the chances of us waiters are? I mean it looks like not everyone is getting the option to stay on. But finding out ten or so days before orientation? It's kind of nerve-wrecking. Besides, tuition is due in my actual law school before that. Do we get refunded in full if we choose to go to Columbia? Also, what are our actual chances if we've been asked to the second reserve?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:17 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:I got the second reserve e-mail as well. Does anyone know what the chances of us waiters are? I mean it looks like not everyone is getting the option to stay on. But finding out ten or so days before orientation? It's kind of nerve-wrecking. Besides, tuition is due in my actual law school before that. Do we get refunded in full if we choose to go to Columbia? Also, what are our actual chances if we've been asked to the second reserve?
I'm pretty sure you have to be refunded tuition if you withdraw before classes start, although you might want to check with your school to see their policy. As for chances, I thought someone earlier said no one was admitted beyond this point? I would expect our chances to be very remote, but we'll see.

gocowboys

New

Post by gocowboys » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:31 pm

sophiayang wrote:
cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
Don't want to disappoint you, but it's very likely that you got rejected...I didn't received the second reserve email and sent them an LOCI on Monday, yet they hadn't responded to it till now...Seems that they use snail mail to reject people...
Do they send snail mail to international applicants? Didn't get the second email:(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:29 am

gocowboys wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
Do they send snail mail to international applicants? Didn't get the second email:(
I have no idea...I'm also an international stdent...

cristinaSD

New

Post by cristinaSD » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:36 pm

sophiayang wrote:
gocowboys wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
I'm not an international student, but didn't get the second reserve email and haven't yet received a snail mail rejection. Maybe they've forgotten about us?

ebb44

New

Post by ebb44 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:06 am

Is there any information about how big the reserve group is?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 am

cristinaSD wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
gocowboys wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
I'm not an international student, but didn't get the second reserve email and haven't yet received a snail mail rejection. Maybe they've forgotten about us?
Sounds so sad...Maybe you could call and ask about this situation?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gocowboys

New

Post by gocowboys » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:51 am

cristinaSD wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
gocowboys wrote:
sophiayang wrote:
cristinaSD wrote:
greenapples wrote:

Thanks!!!!
I

nternational student just got dinged via snail mail.

mernburg

New

Post by mernburg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:19 pm

any news?

SPaya

New

Post by SPaya » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Hey guys, so is anything happening or is it over?

fhmx

New

Post by fhmx » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 pm

SPaya wrote:Hey guys, so is anything happening or is it over?
I read it somewhere in TLS forum that according to last year's experience, it should in fact be over.... :( Anyone hears anything back yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”