FSU Law c/o 2018 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nosocat

Bronze

Re: FSU Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Post by nosocat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 pm

LMD wrote:
nosocat wrote:
bluehose wrote:I feel like there should be more hype here about ASD a week from today! I know I am excited to visit Tally and get to know FSU better. Anyone else?? Also, I would greatly appreciate some feedback/tips from any current students, former students, or anyone familiar with Tallhassee for making the most of a weekend trip. Any advice anyone has to offer would be awesome!
I'd appreciate more info too. Anything we should be sure to check out while we are in the city?
There's really not much to do in Tallahassee except undergrads.
LOL. My mom is driving over Friday evening to meet up after ASD so that I have someone to tour the city with. I'll be sure to pass the word along about this great tip I received online.

enotini

New

Post by enotini » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:05 pm

I e-mailed Deborah Gautier, the Assistant Director of Admissions, to ask about my scholarship award. Apparently, my award was e-mailed to me on January 16th and I just didn't receive it. It may have gone to my spam/junk folder. Anyway, I received $45,000 total; $17,000 for the first year and $14,000 for 2L and 3L. There's no GPA requirement with the scholarship.

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:08 pm

enotini wrote:I e-mailed Deborah Gautier, the Assistant Director of Admissions, to ask about my scholarship award. Apparently, my award was e-mailed to me on January 16th and I just didn't receive it. It may have gone to my spam/junk folder. Anyway, I received $45,000 total; $17,000 for the first year and $14,000 for 2L and 3L. There's no GPA requirement with the scholarship.
When did you get in? I've been waiting for my award for a while now

thatguy12

New

Post by thatguy12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Got my scholarship information! FSU is looking super appealing, although it's a little short of full tuition.

Has anyone checked out housing? I noticed a place called Forum but I'm afraid it's going to be super crazy (a lot of undergrads and kind of expensive) there. A lot of apartment complexes seem to have negative reviews though...

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 pm

thatguy12 wrote:Got my scholarship information! FSU is looking super appealing, although it's a little short of full tuition.

Has anyone checked out housing? I noticed a place called Forum but I'm afraid it's going to be super crazy (a lot of undergrads and kind of expensive) there. A lot of apartment complexes seem to have negative reviews though...
Email or snail mail

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thatguy12

New

Post by thatguy12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 pm

bob311 wrote:
thatguy12 wrote:Got my scholarship information! FSU is looking super appealing, although it's a little short of full tuition.

Email or snail mail

email, as most people said it seemingly always ends up in the spam box

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:01 pm

thatguy12 wrote:
bob311 wrote:

Email or snail mail

Congrats! When did you get accepted?

thatguy12

New

Post by thatguy12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:38 pm

bob311 wrote:
thatguy12 wrote:
bob311 wrote:

Email or snail mail

Congrats! When did you get accepted?
About 2 or 3 weeks ago. Definitely check spam folders for anything (amazingly a lot of my scholarship offers ended up in there)

enotini

New

Post by enotini » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:21 am

bob311 wrote:
enotini wrote:I e-mailed Deborah Gautier, the Assistant Director of Admissions, to ask about my scholarship award. Apparently, my award was e-mailed to me on January 16th and I just didn't receive it. It may have gone to my spam/junk folder. Anyway, I received $45,000 total; $17,000 for the first year and $14,000 for 2L and 3L. There's no GPA requirement with the scholarship.
I got accepted December 11th and filled out the application that night. It would definitely be worth shooting her an e-mail, she's wicked friendly

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:16 pm

anyone going to the March ASD?

paltrymango

New

Post by paltrymango » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 pm

dasani13 wrote:anyone going to the March ASD?
I'm going to the one this friday. anyone else?

uf58161

New

Post by uf58161 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 pm

enotini wrote:
bob311 wrote:
I got accepted December 11th and filled out the application that night. It would definitely be worth shooting her an e-mail, she's wicked friendly

I am jumping on this to ask a question. I was accepted to FSU weeks ago and never received an email about applying for scholarships. I checked everywhere and do not see one! Should I wait or email them?

My letter in the mail said "in the coming weeks we will email you with more information about the scholarships we which you may apply"

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:30 pm

uf58161 wrote:

I am jumping on this to ask a question. I was accepted to FSU weeks ago and never received an email about applying for scholarships. I checked everywhere and do not see one! Should I wait or email them?

My letter in the mail said "in the coming weeks we will email you with more information about the scholarships we which you may apply"
Check your spam
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uf58161

New

Post by uf58161 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:19 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:

Check your spam
I have checked spam. The only emails I have received from fsu deal with health form, acceptance email, and the admitted students day information

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

uf58161 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:

Check your spam
I have checked spam. The only emails I have received from fsu deal with health form, acceptance email, and the admitted students day information
I would email them.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuturePanhandler

Silver

Post by FuturePanhandler » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:

Check your spam
I would email them.
Yeah, I emailed them and and got my scholarship emailed 2 hours later.

uf58161

New

Post by uf58161 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

FuturePanhandler wrote:]
uf58161 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:

Check your spam
I would email them.
May I ask what you said in the email? I feel weird assuming I got a scholarship when I perhaps did not. I was asking too about people in this thread getting an email about scholarships they could apply for. I did not receive that email which is what I was talking about, but did you email asking what your scholarship was?? Sorry I am just confused :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:58 pm

uf58161 wrote:
May I ask what you said in the email? I feel weird assuming I got a scholarship when I perhaps did not. I was asking too about people in this thread getting an email about scholarships they could apply for. I did not receive that email which is what I was talking about, but did you email asking what your scholarship was?? Sorry I am just confused :(
Unless I'm mixing up schools, you have to fill out an application for the scholarships. So you should be emailing to ask for the application.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

uf58161

New

Post by uf58161 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:
Unless I'm mixing up schools, you have to fill out an application for the scholarships. So you should be emailing to ask for the application.
Sorry I am having trouble with these quote things. I was referring to the "future panhandler" user saying they emailed them and received their scholarship offer two hours later. It seemed like they meant that they asked what their merit scholarship was and they told them. I was confused/still am, but I will email them know and ask for the email about applying for scholarships. I have not received any merit scholarship yet and I didn't feel comfortable with emailing and assuming I got one, but assuming the letter just went to spam. Am I making any sense? Haha

nosocat

Bronze

Post by nosocat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:19 pm

uf58161 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:
Sorry I am having trouble with these quote things. I was referring to the "future panhandler" user saying they emailed them and received their scholarship offer two hours later. It seemed like they meant that they asked what their merit scholarship was and they told them. I was confused/still am, but I will email them know and ask for the email about applying for scholarships. I have not received any merit scholarship yet and I didn't feel comfortable with emailing and assuming I got one, but assuming the letter just went to spam. Am I making any sense? Haha
Yes, this makes sense, and you should definitely just ask about how to apply for scholarships (not something like "How much is my scholarship?") to avoid seeming presumptuous.

FuturePanhandler

Silver

Post by FuturePanhandler » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:49 pm

uf58161 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
uf58161 wrote:
I just politely asked when I should expect to hear about scholarships. Apparently my scholarship had already been awarded, I just hadn't been notified yet. So I don't think my email had anything to do with me getting one, but it may have gotten them to notify me sooner than planned.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

enotini

New

Post by enotini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 pm

I know it's still early, but has anyone tried to negotiate scholarships yet? I got almost identical offers between Chapel Hill and FSU and think I'm going to try to negotiate.

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:10 pm

dasani13 wrote:anyone going to the March ASD?
I'll be there.

michiarmen

New

Post by michiarmen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Sitting at application complete for a little over a month now. Approximately how long has it been taking for your application to go from complete to under review?

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:20 pm

michiarmen wrote:Sitting at application complete for a little over a month now. Approximately how long has it been taking for your application to go from complete to under review?
It depends on your numbers. If you're 160+ expect a decision shortly. Otherwise you may not get a decision for months...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”