University of Texas C/O 18 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Texas Resident?

"Texas Forever"
26%
Yes
18%
No
56%

Total votes: 192

lawschool1741

Bronze

Re: University of Texas C/O 18 Applicants

Post by lawschool1741 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 pm

RancidSumo wrote:
lawschool1741 wrote:
RancidSumo wrote:Do they send scholarship negotiation results by email or snail mail?
Email
Good to know. They emailed me and said that they had processed the request and that I should be hearing from them shortly on the outcome. Any thoughts on how long it takes? I hoping to hear from them tomorrow...
Interesting...from everyone I've talked to this cycle they did not reply with a confirmation of receipt/processing email. But seems like typical decision timeline is 48hrs total

sooanonz

New

Post by sooanonz » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Out of curiosity, did everyone who got a Why Texas? request get it in an email saying that they're a "very strong applicant"?

Just trying to read the tea leaves here. :?

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:04 pm

lawschool1741 wrote:
RancidSumo wrote:
lawschool1741 wrote:
RancidSumo wrote:Do they send scholarship negotiation results by email or snail mail?
Email
Good to know. They emailed me and said that they had processed the request and that I should be hearing from them shortly on the outcome. Any thoughts on how long it takes? I hoping to hear from them tomorrow...
Interesting...from everyone I've talked to this cycle they did not reply with a confirmation of receipt/processing email. But seems like typical decision timeline is 48hrs total
They got back to me in under 24. Now I've just got to make one of the biggest decisions of my life in the next 24 hours...

celvreal

New

Post by celvreal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Does anyone have any info. on how many spots are available and how many people are currently waitlisted?

I know the seat deposit was due yesterday. I'm a waitlisted applicant trying to see what my chances are. :shock:

rkspurs21

Bronze

Post by rkspurs21 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:12 pm

JUST GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST!!! UT was my top choice until northwestern unexpectedly threw nearly a full ride at me. I'm antsy to negotiate, what has the turnaround looked like for scholarship decisions recently? Have they been responsive in matching t-14 offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jam313

New

Post by jam313 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Just got pulled from the waitlist! Received the phone call from Dean Ingram today.

dizzydg

New

Post by dizzydg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Got the call from Dean Ingram today! Pretty stoked. Applied late and didn't have the greatest stats, but I'm in-state

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm

congrats congrats!!

jam313

New

Post by jam313 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:09 am

How are initial scholarships awarded? Is it the Financial Aid Notification email asking you to login to CASH, or is it a separate email explicitly stating the amount?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschool1741

Bronze

Post by lawschool1741 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:25 am

jam313 wrote:How are initial scholarships awarded? Is it the Financial Aid Notification email asking you to login to CASH, or is it a separate email explicitly stating the amount?
Separate email with attached scholarship document

celvreal

New

Post by celvreal » Thu May 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been a few weeks since anyone has posted here, but does anyone know how many students they are planning on admitting this year? I have a friend who saw the Admitted Students FB Page and told me that their number of Admitted Students on that page is at 230. That seems pretty low considering that they normally accept about 300some students. Do you all think they're trying to diminish their class size this year? :cry:

I have the waitlist blues.

gaboon13

New

Post by gaboon13 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 am

celvreal wrote:Hi Everyone!

I know it's been a few weeks since anyone has posted here, but does anyone know how many students they are planning on admitting this year? I have a friend who saw the Admitted Students FB Page and told me that their number of Admitted Students on that page is at 230. That seems pretty low considering that they normally accept about 300some students. Do you all think they're trying to diminish their class size this year? :cry:

Hi guys and gals!
I'm kinda wondering the same thing.
Also, any idea how large the WL is/usually is?

EarthdogFred

New

Post by EarthdogFred » Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

1. Many admitted students either don't use Facebook or choose not to join that group.

2. Some of the students in that group were accepted but won't end up matriculating. It should not be assumed that the membership of that FB group is a complete and accurate accounting of the incoming class.

3. They accept well above 300some students. You seem to be conflating acceptance and yield. The e-mails I have received suggest this year's class will be similar in number to the previous year's.

4. Letters of Intent were just e-mailed last week with a deadline of June 5 for return. After June 5, the Admissions Office will have a clearer picture of how the class is shaping up. At that point, you should expect some movement on the waitlist front.

5. Best of luck! Hope to see you next year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

celvreal

New

Post by celvreal » Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm

EarthdogFred wrote:

1. Many admitted students either don't use Facebook or choose not to join that group.

2. Some of the students in that group were accepted but won't end up matriculating. It should not be assumed that the membership of that FB group is a complete and accurate accounting of the incoming class.

3. They accept well above 300some students. You seem to be conflating acceptance and yield. The e-mails I have received suggest this year's class will be similar in number to the previous year's.

4. Letters of Intent were just e-mailed last week with a deadline of June 5 for return. After June 5, the Admissions Office will have a clearer picture of how the class is shaping up. At that point, you should expect some movement on the waitlist front.

5. Best of luck! Hope to see you next year.
Thank you! I needed to hear a voice of reason. I suppose it's time to start working on a second LOCI to accompany my Spring grades.

celvreal

New

Post by celvreal » Sat May 23, 2015 11:56 am

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! So excited!

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:54 am

celvreal wrote:Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! So excited!
Congrats!!!

robertrulez

New

Post by robertrulez » Sun May 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Can anyone give me dean ingrams contact info?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

gaboon13

New

Post by gaboon13 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:So I was waitlisted a couple months ago and never accepted the waitlist but for those that are curious
Texas Law wrote:Earlier this spring, you accepted our offer to be placed on the waitlist for our 2015 entering class. In light of the number of admitted students who have made enrollment deposits, the Admission Committee has decided not to extend additional offers at this time.
Gotta get those rejection numbers up by rejecting me I guess lol
My friend and I both got the same email last week, but today he received an acceptance call.

PN-G bamakid

Bronze

Post by PN-G bamakid » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Howdy, folks. Know it's been a while since I posted. I made my final decision to attend Texas back in April. Just wanted to stop by and ask if anyone knows when we'll see a schedule, how UT does 1L scheduling, when we'll receive syllabi, if there are any books I can go ahead and purchase now, etc. Any insight anyone can provide is deeply appreciated. Thank, y'all.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:40 pm

PN-G bamakid wrote:Howdy, folks. Know it's been a while since I posted. I made my final decision to attend Texas back in April. Just wanted to stop by and ask if anyone knows when we'll see a schedule, how UT does 1L scheduling, when we'll receive syllabi, if there are any books I can go ahead and purchase now, etc. Any insight anyone can provide is deeply appreciated. Thank, y'all.
Here is the 1L schedule as of a few weeks ago.

Last year we got out section assignments on August 1st, then our small section and LRW schedule (which means we had our full schedule) on August 11th. You'll get your book list when you get the schedule, so you can't really buy anything until early/mid August.

Don't buy anything or do any 1L prep right now, except MAYBE buying Getting To Maybe. Definitely read it before exams come around, but if you're really itching for something to do, maybe skim it over the summer. Most of it will go over your head, but the FAQs in the back are worth a read. Otherwise enjoy your summer.

LaraCroftEsq

Bronze

Post by LaraCroftEsq » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Got the call yesterday after being waitlisted in February. So excited to join everyone in August!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”