. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Guyver

New

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Post by Guyver » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
Guyver wrote:That moment where you tell your mother I am in. Priceless emotional encounter filled with tears and smiles.

But that doesn't mean that you can't be proud of yourself and make your parents proud if you attend a different school. You will look back and laugh at those days if destiny leads you to pursue your passion in a different school.
When I told my dad that I was put on hold, he beat the shit out of me with jumper cables. Any advice on how to make them proud of me again?
That is not very nice for parents to do. Lesson #1 is get out of there ASAP, pursue your dream.
sneezus wrote:
Guyver wrote:That moment where you tell your mother I am in. Priceless emotional encounter filled with tears and smiles.

But that doesn't mean that you can't be proud of yourself and make your parents proud if you attend a different school. You will look back and laugh at those days if destiny leads you to pursue your passion in a different school.
r u a yogi
Daduma 七福神 to be correct.
idissent wrote:

Why would I tell my mother your are in? Aaaaaanyway congrats.

Held and my "last day that I would consider admission" came and went without a peep, so I'm withdrawing. Good luck y'all!
Refer to the reply above me.

Brightwhites456

New

Post by Brightwhites456 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:44 am

So. Someone us (me) who went straight to the waitlist have already visited, wrote additional essays, showed interest--I think I'm out of cards to play.

Now what, NU?!

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 am

Brightwhites456 wrote:So. Someone us (me) who went straight to the waitlist have already visited, wrote additional essays, showed interest--I think I'm out of cards to play.

Now what, NU?!
Deposit deadline is next week. I'd expect some movement to occur after then. Have you written a letter of continued interest yet?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:47 pm

I think the better question is, "who is not held?" rather than, "who is still held?"

Brightwhites456

New

Post by Brightwhites456 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:14 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Brightwhites456 wrote:So. Someone us (me) who went straight to the waitlist have already visited, wrote additional essays, showed interest--I think I'm out of cards to play.

Now what, NU?!
Deposit deadline is next week. I'd expect some movement to occur after then. Have you written a letter of continued interest yet?
Not an official one. Something to do this week, I suppose. #ILoveLOCIs.

I really wish I knew why some applications were "held" while others went half a year without a decision before heading to the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Guyver

New

Post by Guyver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 am

Brightwhites456 wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:

Now what, NU?!
Not an official one. Something to do this week, I suppose. #ILoveLOCIs.

I really wish I knew why some applications were "held" while others went half a year without a decision before heading to the waitlist.
It is not relative completely to NW rank but to the ranks relative to other law schools in the top 10-25 tier. Because "NW" knows that those same students with high qualifications, will apply to the remaining top 10 - 25 tier law schools as well.

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

So...when are we guessing we will see some movement? I am held and only holding on because I am waitlisted at my top choice school.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 am

BillClinton Jr wrote:So...when are we guessing we will see some movement? I am held and only holding on because I am waitlisted at my top choice school.
Deposit deadline is Thursday; I'm guessing you'll see movement after that.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:14 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Deposit deadline tomorrow, cheers to the mass movement that's about to come!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:20 pm

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Gray wrote:Just withdrew my held app because I signed the binding GULC deposit waiver. Made it a bit passive aggressive.
Is there any other manner of withdrawing?

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:36 pm

BillClinton Jr wrote:Deposit deadline tomorrow, cheers to the mass movement that's about to come!

thats optimistic eh

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 pm

sneezus wrote:
BillClinton Jr wrote:Deposit deadline tomorrow, cheers to the mass movement that's about to come!

thats optimistic eh
At this point it's the only way I can remain sane

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:51 pm

BillClinton Jr wrote:
sneezus wrote:

thats optimistic eh
At this point it's the only way I can remain sane
gotta do what ya gotta do

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Tbh there's a good chance of a few of us getting in within the next few days. A little bit of hope is a good thing.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hodzdoh

New

Post by hodzdoh » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:37 pm

i already have a deposit in at another t14... but if NU comes through for me, boy it could be a game-changer

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Fri May 01, 2015 11:05 am

Gray wrote:
djbatista wrote:Tbh there's a good chance of a few of us getting in within the next few days. A little bit of hope is a good thing.
In last year's thread, there weren't any held admits until mid-may.

They responded REALLY promptly when I withdrew btw. I felt like they were glad to be rid of me.
I'm hopeful because of what Guyver said about a small group of admits. I don't know where he gets his info but it seems to be pretty accurate. Last time he said straight admissions offers were done, and then there was a final wave of rejections, holds, and waitlists. Is there anyone here who has still not gotten an initial decision?

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Fri May 01, 2015 11:20 am

hodzdoh wrote:i already have a deposit in at another t14... but if NU comes through for me, boy it could be a game-changer
How long are you willing to wait? I gave them until June but I don't know if I should back it up to July

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Fri May 01, 2015 11:21 am

djbatista wrote:
Gray wrote:
djbatista wrote:Tbh there's a good chance of a few of us getting in within the next few days. A little bit of hope is a good thing.

They responded REALLY promptly when I withdrew btw. I felt like they were glad to be rid of me.
I'm hopeful because of what Guyver said about a small group of admits. I don't know where he gets his info but it seems to be pretty accurate. Last time he said straight admissions offers were done, and then there was a final wave of rejections, holds, and waitlists. Is there anyone here who has still not gotten an initial decision?
From what I have seen it looks like there are a lot of people who still haven't had initial offers. I'm kind of surprised more of them aren't withdrawing

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 pm

BillClinton Jr wrote:From what I have seen it looks like there are a lot of people who still haven't had initial offers. I'm kind of surprised more of them aren't withdrawing
It could be people who just haven't updated their account. It'd be pretty shocking if they didn't get an initial decision by now.

Or it could even be people who are 'held'. It's not really a WL, so what do you put?

Guyver

New

Post by Guyver » Fri May 01, 2015 7:30 pm

djbatista wrote:
Gray wrote:

From inside the Tiger's mouth. Besides, Johann got pissed at the leaked information, the usual.

News came a little bit late Johann, was shared on the 4/18
Guyver wrote:A small wave (like tiny %) of admits will be release toward end of this month/beginning of May.
https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/stat ... 4205433856
Due to high call volumes-- my email response time has slowed. admits, please send to admit account. hold/wl-- pls wait until tomorrow
P.S. https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/stat ... 6353806336

It actually does sometimes.

ggnobbq

Bronze

Post by ggnobbq » Fri May 01, 2015 8:47 pm

trolls shall not be fed in these parts

Guyver

New

Post by Guyver » Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes, don't feed the trolls.

You wona probably change this habit and attitude, it will work in the long run buddy. Good luck on your applicants.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”