Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you riding out the waitlist?

Yes
22
65%
No
12
35%
 
Total votes: 34

ggnobbq
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby ggnobbq » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 am

Trolls shall not be fed 'round these parts

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6863
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Gray » Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 am

Yeah I have a hard time believing that Guyver is at all associated with or has knowledge of NU's internal admissions stuff. I know you all want to hear something concrete from someone at NU but don't get so desperate that you believe a random anonymous stranger.

User avatar
ILoveYou
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby ILoveYou » Fri May 29, 2015 10:18 am

Gray wrote:Yeah I have a hard time believing that Guyver is at all associated with or has knowledge of NU's internal admissions stuff. I know you all want to hear something concrete from someone at NU but don't get so desperate that you believe a random anonymous stranger.


^

Also, hasn't dude already said some shit that was straight wrong? Don't worry 'bout him.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 29, 2015 10:22 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6863
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Gray » Fri May 29, 2015 10:23 am

He's probably leaving the planet to return to his home in a galaxy far far away.

User avatar
sneezus
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby sneezus » Fri May 29, 2015 11:58 am

yeah macguyver has been a nice bit of comic relief in this otherwise dark and bitter affair

hearsay77
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby hearsay77 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Also admits are notified by email to check their letter online and then mailed a packet later on, so this is not true. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
Guyver
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:09 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Guyver » Sat May 30, 2015 4:57 am

ILoveYou wrote:
Gray wrote:Yeah I have a hard time believing that Guyver is at all associated with or has knowledge of NU's internal admissions stuff. I know you all want to hear something concrete from someone at NU but don't get so desperate that you believe a random anonymous stranger.


^
Also, hasn't dude already said some shit that was straight wrong? Don't worry 'bout him.


Can you point any from the past ?

I don't have to do this i.e., obligated to provide any update - in anyways. Wait for the date and see.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233733&p=8537628#p8537628 Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:35 am
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233733&start=2425#p8570200 Fri May 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Good luck

User avatar
KunAgnis
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KunAgnis » Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

At this point I figure my GPA just isn't high enough, despite my 171 LSAT (which I know isn't exactly spectacular for NU, but still). SIgh...

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby spencercross » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:47 pm

KunAgnis wrote:At this point I figure my GPA just isn't high enough, despite my 171 LSAT (which I know isn't exactly spectacular for NU, but still). SIgh...

Same boat. And if the poll is any indication, it's a big boat.

kingpin101
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby kingpin101 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

So.... at what point should I give up?

yerinee
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby yerinee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey guys - This is my first post but I've been reading TLS for a while now. I'm a held at Northwestern and I hadn't heard anything yet so I reached out to admissions. They told me that if if I haven't heard by now, and unless there is a need to fill any spots (which they seemed to think very unlikely), I'll get moved to the summer waitlist sometime next week. It's really disappointing to hear but it is what it is, I guess. But I have to say, the way that this admissions process has been handled is appalling, especially as higher/similar ranked schools have all gotten back to me. But this message board has definitely given me some chuckles and best of luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 pm

yerinee wrote:Hey guys - This is my first post but I've been reading TLS for a while now. I'm a held at Northwestern and I hadn't heard anything yet so I reached out to admissions. They told me that if if I haven't heard by now, and unless there is a need to fill any spots (which they seemed to think very unlikely), I'll get moved to the summer waitlist sometime next week. It's really disappointing to hear but it is what it is, I guess. But I have to say, the way that this admissions process has been handled is appalling, especially as higher/similar ranked schools have all gotten back to me. But this message board has definitely given me some chuckles and best of luck to those still waiting!

This confirms what we all thought but secretly hoped would not be the case. Thanks for the insight!

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby dasani13 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:00 pm

So no one's getting rejected off reserve?

User avatar
sneezus
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby sneezus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 am

headed to UChicago and feeling good about that. going to withdraw my application today. good luck to everyone. NU sucks and doesn't deserve any of you. it's been real.

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 1354
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Joscellin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 am

As a super splitter looking at NU next cycle, how many of ya'all that are held applied early (not necessarily ED), versus applying after the new year?

User avatar
tealeaves12
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby tealeaves12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:55 am

Joscellin wrote:As a super splitter looking at NU next cycle, how many of ya'all that are held applied early (not necessarily ED), versus applying after the new year?


I am not a splitter (1 point below lsat median, less than .1 point below gpa median) but I applied around thanksgiving fwiw. was held feb 10.

User avatar
sneezus
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby sneezus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:13 am

Joscellin wrote:As a super splitter looking at NU next cycle, how many of ya'all that are held applied early (not necessarily ED), versus applying after the new year?


LSAT a few points above 75th, GPA around median. did not have a chance to interview however (work schedule conflicts).

my advice? apply ED if you're set on NU. write a solid Why NU essay and bend over backward to make an interview happen.

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 1354
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Joscellin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:31 am

sneezus wrote:
Joscellin wrote:As a super splitter looking at NU next cycle, how many of ya'all that are held applied early (not necessarily ED), versus applying after the new year?


my advice? apply ED if you're set on NU. write a solid Why NU essay and bend over backward to make an interview happen.


That's my current plan, despite having no expectation of getting in ED.

Appreciate the responses folks, best of luck!

User avatar
djbatista
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby djbatista » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:04 pm

sneezus wrote:headed to UChicago and feeling good about that. going to withdraw my application today. good luck to everyone. NU sucks and doesn't deserve any of you. it's been real.


Congrats man. Have a blast that's gonna be great.

mickey_mouse
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby mickey_mouse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Held --> Summer Waitlist decision letter just came through, confirms what we all thought I think.

ggnobbq
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby ggnobbq » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:48 pm

I was placed on waitlist, not hold, last month and I just received an email saying DLS. It now says I'm on the summer waitlist. Thanks for the letdown NU

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KMart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:49 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:Held --> Summer Waitlist decision letter just came through, confirms what we all thought I think.

+1. It also stated "all offers of admission had been made". So presume a WL for those of you who have not yet checked their DLS and were held.

User avatar
tealeaves12
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby tealeaves12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:51 pm

summer waitlist.

withdrew. enough's enough (plus i wasn't sure i was allowed to sign up for a waitlist if i've already done two deposits somewhere else... regardless, done waiting.)

Peace out, NU




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”