2013-2014 Admissions Spreadsheets Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschool22

Gold

Re: 2013-2014 Admissions Results: Spreadsheet Compendium

Post by lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm

bbkk wrote:
midwest17 wrote:Harvard "most recent complete to get JS1" seems broken. It says 1/21/2014, which surprised me. But there are only two 1/21/2014 completes in the data that I can see (using search, not filter! :D) and neither of them have JS1s yet.

Some Cycle Timing and JS1 Analytics are broken too. :(
I believe both of these issues should now be fixed.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:
midwest17 wrote:Harvard "most recent complete to get JS1" seems broken. It says 1/21/2014, which surprised me. But there are only two 1/21/2014 completes in the data that I can see (using search, not filter! :D) and neither of them have JS1s yet.

Some Cycle Timing and JS1 Analytics are broken too. :(
I believe both of these issues should now be fixed.
Working on this end, thanks boss!

marsarinian

New

Post by marsarinian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 am

Hey guys, so I'm a lurker, and I just got accepted to two schools (Yale and Harvard). I thought it would be helpful for the rest of the community to share my stats, etc. I'm filling out the spreadsheet, and there's a few terms I don't know/not sure:

- WE means year out of college, right?
- Is there a link describing what constitutes average/above average/below avg etc. softs?
- The GPA and LSAT median columns auto-calculate, right? It doesn't seem to be displaying correctly for me...

I only filled out the Yale spreadsheet so far. Sorry for asking noob questions and good luck to everyone! :)

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:47 am

marsarinian wrote:Hey guys, so I'm a lurker, and I just got accepted to two schools (Yale and Harvard). I thought it would be helpful for the rest of the community to share my stats, etc. I'm filling out the spreadsheet, and there's a few terms I don't know/not sure:

- WE means year out of college, right?
- Is there a link describing what constitutes average/above average/below avg etc. softs?
- The GPA and LSAT median columns auto-calculate, right? It doesn't seem to be displaying correctly for me...

I only filled out the Yale spreadsheet so far. Sorry for asking noob questions and good luck to everyone! :)
1. It means work experience, so as long as you were working after you graduated them yes, it could mean years out of college. But it is specifically "work experience."

2. There isn't a link, but there was some discussion a few pages back. Think of it this way:

Unique is something like astronaut, cured cancer, president's daughter, major league athlete, Nobel peace price winner, etc. Almost no one should be in that category.

Above average usually means you have some good substantive work experience (5 years as an investment banker), substantive military experience, or some other distinction (think Rhodes Scholar).

Most people will be in the average or below average category. Average is where people with a few years of average work experience are, maybe you held some significant leadership positions in a student organization, had a research paper published during school, participated in some "special" program, study abroad, etc.

Below average probably means you don't have much post-grad work experience, if any, and while you were somewhat involved during undergrad, you don't have many significant accomplishments to point to (you were in an org but didn't lead it, for example).

Weak simply means you graduated college but didn't really do anything else while you were there.

3. The columns do auto-calc, and should now be fixed.

marsarinian

New

Post by marsarinian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:42 am

Got it. Thanks so much! Filling out the spreadsheet for Harvard too. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

I went to put my info in the Columbia sheet but nothing (the GPA/LSAT ranges etc.) is filling in automatically. Is it broken?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 pm

malleus discentium wrote:I went to put my info in the Columbia sheet but nothing (the GPA/LSAT ranges etc.) is filling in automatically. Is it broken?
Fixed!

theonerd

New

Post by theonerd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Great work, lawschool22!
These are fantastic!

I noticed that a lot of the formulas and options in the Duke spreadsheet ended at line 154.
People have still been entering their info manually below that line though.

I saw the warnings about not messing with the spreadsheet itself, so I thought I would just post to let you know about the issue (instead of trying to fix it myself).

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

theonerd wrote:Great work, lawschool22!
These are fantastic!

I noticed that a lot of the formulas and options in the Duke spreadsheet ended at line 154.
People have still been entering their info manually below that line though.

I saw the warnings about not messing with the spreadsheet itself, so I thought I would just post to let you know about the issue (instead of trying to fix it myself).
Updated it! Thanks for pointing it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 pm

I think Berkeley got sorted. At least, my LSAT is now off by one. I'm not sure how long ago this happened, though. If it looks like only mine that is wrong, I can just correct it back.

Serett

Post by Serett » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:02 am

As of today, Google Spreadsheets are blocked at my employer. Apparently I was viewing these too much? :P

ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze

Post by ShrimpToastMasters » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 am

Someone f***ed with the GULC spreadsheet and many kittens died. Feel bad person-who-killed-all-the-kittens-and-screwed-up-all-the-LSAT-scores.

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:Someone f***ed with the GULC spreadsheet and many kittens died. Feel bad person-who-killed-all-the-kittens-and-screwed-up-all-the-LSAT-scores.
Fixed it.

ETA: The same person messed with the Cornell spreadsheet. Ugh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze

Post by ShrimpToastMasters » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

alinor wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:Someone f***ed with the GULC spreadsheet and many kittens died. Feel bad person-who-killed-all-the-kittens-and-screwed-up-all-the-LSAT-scores.
Fixed it.

ETA: The same person messed with the Cornell spreadsheet. Ugh.
Thanks!

That person must be a cat-hater, and likely evil and black of heart in addition.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Is something weird with Dukes?

Hitchensian

Bronze

Post by Hitchensian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:42 am

It seems like many of the spreadsheets have been messed with, unfortunately. :(

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 am

Hitchensian wrote:It seems like many of the spreadsheets have been messed with, unfortunately. :(
Fixed them. Almost all of them needed to be fixed. :( I think someone tried to download info but accidentally cut and pasted the cells instead of downloading the sheet.

For other people in the future: Downloading is easy! Just open the spreadsheet you want, click "File", then "Download as". Most people will want to download it as an Excel file. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bloomingtea

New

Post by bloomingtea » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Wow someone's being a complete **** and purposefully wrecking the spreadsheets (i.e. Berkeley, Harvard)
Last edited by bloomingtea on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:20 pm

bloomingtea wrote:Wow someone's being a complete **** and purposefully wrecking the spreadsheets.
Hey alinor, if you get a chance, help me revert these. After you revert, lock down the tab for the time being.

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 pm

bloomingtea wrote:Wow someone's being a complete **** and purposefully wrecking the spreadsheets (i.e. Berkeley, Harvard)

WHY WOULD SOMEBODY DO THAT??? :evil: :evil: :evil: Gosh I hope s/he gets NO ls offers EVER!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

As of right now, those who have requested (non-troll) access, have been given invitations. I didn't send email notifications for each of the sheets, so if you got one notification, you've been added to all of them. You'll need to be logged into your gmail account to edit the sheets. If you have any problems, let me or ls22 know. :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:58 am

are you a troll YES NO. lololol

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 am

alinor wrote:As of right now, those who have requested (non-troll) access, have been given invitations. I didn't send email notifications for each of the sheets, so if you got one notification, you've been added to all of them. You'll need to be logged into your gmail account to edit the sheets. If you have any problems, let me or ls22 know. :)

Hey thanks for doing that. I got your invitation but I can only view, but not edit them.

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 am

bbkk wrote:
alinor wrote:As of right now, those who have requested (non-troll) access, have been given invitations. I didn't send email notifications for each of the sheets, so if you got one notification, you've been added to all of them. You'll need to be logged into your gmail account to edit the sheets. If you have any problems, let me or ls22 know. :)

Hey thanks for doing that. I got your invitation but I can only view, but not edit them.
Some, like Yale and Harvard, are still locked to editing for everyone(including me). I think they'll be unlocked soon. Did you try Georgetown?

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 pm

alinor wrote:
bbkk wrote:

Some, like Yale and Harvard, are still locked to editing for everyone(including me). I think they'll be unlocked soon. Did you try Georgetown?
GULC seems fine. I try to edit NYU but it doesn't allow me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”