WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheThriller

Gold

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:Didn't you "name it" twice though lol?
The second time was more of an appeal.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Thriller, tbf they asked you want you wanted, then gave it to you. THEN you went back and asked for more bro. Now you're they haven't given you a prompt response around deposit deadlines, and you're saying they're acting like they could care less?

ETA: not to mention what you asked for was WAY more than people with your numbers get.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdmonkey

Bronze

Post by jdmonkey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Haha "Banana Split". You are funny.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:45 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Thriller, tbf they asked you want you wanted, then gave it to you. THEN you went back and asked for more bro and made they haven't given you a prompt response around deposit deadlines, and you're saying they're acting like they could care less?

ETA: not to mention what you asked for was WAY more than people with your numbers get.
I think you're missing the part where I said they never got back to me before and/or after my double down. I havent been awarded anything extra besides the auto-increase a month ago.

And not true, LSN suggests otherwise

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm

TheThriller wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Thriller, tbf they asked you want you wanted, then gave it to you. THEN you went back and asked for more bro and made they haven't given you a prompt response around deposit deadlines, and you're saying they're acting like they could care less?

I think you're missing the part where I said they never got back to me before and/or after my double down. I havent been awarded anything extra besides the auto-increase a month ago.

Thriller that's not what you told me a month ago when you said you contacted WUSTL directly and said they asked you what scholarship you wanted. It also doesn't match when you told me 2 weeks ago you got that amount, but that you "wish you would've asked for more."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:48 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
TheThriller wrote:

Thriller that's not what you told me a month ago when you said you contacted WUSTL directly and said they asked you what scholarship you wanted. It also doesn't match when you told me 2 weeks ago you got that amount, but that you "wish you would've asked for more."
And so I doubled down and asked for more dude. Also, feel free to call me out with saying this stuff, as I don't remember ever saying that.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Thriller is a chill sociable bro. If he aint mirin WUSTL then let that boy cook. Best of luck wherever you end up bro.

jdmonkey

Bronze

Post by jdmonkey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:51 pm

TheThriller wrote:

Quit emailing and call the office. Demand what's yours! You shouldn't base where you go to school on how receptive the secretaries are. They won't be teaching you or helping you get a job.
Last edited by jdmonkey on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:57 pm

TheThriller wrote:And so I doubled down and asked for more dude. Also, feel free to call me out with saying this stuff, as I don't remember ever saying that.
I wasn't trying to call you out, and feel free to ask for more if you want to. I just thought saying they could care less was unfair b/c they clearly want you there, but just might not have an answer for you right now. (Also, I wouldn't be defending WUSTL to you if I didn't want you to go).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:58 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
TheThriller wrote:And so I doubled down and asked for more dude. Also, feel free to call me out with saying this stuff, as I don't remember ever saying that.
I wasn't trying to call you out, and feel free to ask for more if you want to. I just thought saying they could care less was unfair b/c they clearly want you there, but just might not have an answer for you right now. (Also, I wouldn't be defending WUSTL to you if I didn't want you to go).
I over-reacted, its my bad bro. I was just frustrated.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 pm

TheThriller wrote:
I over-reacted, its my bad bro. I was just frustrated.
it's completely understandable man! But don't pull the plug on WUSTL just yet, these things take time :)

jbf

New

Post by jbf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm on the WL at WUSTL. Anyone else in same boat? And if so, did you write a LOCI?

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm

jbf wrote:I'm on the WL at WUSTL. Anyone else in same boat? And if so, did you write a LOCI?
yes and yes but havn't sent it in yet. Making it prettier. Sending it in by May 1st

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jbf

New

Post by jbf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:33 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
jbf wrote:I'm on the WL at WUSTL. Anyone else in same boat? And if so, did you write a LOCI?
yes and yes but havn't sent it in yet. Making it prettier. Sending it in by May 1st
Do you mind sharing the general gist?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 pm

I will wait super patiently for WUSTL to respond. I understand they have a delicate balance between wanting to get us to commit and not wanting to give away more money than they can. I am just biding my time until they can figure out what (if anything) to offer me.

Until May 1.
:evil:

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I will wait super patiently for WUSTL to respond. I understand they have a delicate balance between wanting to get us to commit and not wanting to give away more money than they can. I am just biding my time until they can figure out what (if anything) to offer me.

Until May 1.
LOL just got a very interesting email.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I will wait super patiently for WUSTL to respond. I understand they have a delicate balance between wanting to get us to commit and not wanting to give away more money than they can. I am just biding my time until they can figure out what (if anything) to offer me.

Until May 1.
:?: :!:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Well I just got email from WUSTL which supports my choice to withdraw. Will do so tomorrow or Monday. Enjoy the school guys, I'll miss this thread and our facebook group

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:

Until May 1.
...and????

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:10 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Until May 1.
...and????
Sorry for the initial vagueness, I will PM anyone who's curious.

BOOM SHAKA LAKA

New

Post by BOOM SHAKA LAKA » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I've been waiting to hear about scholarships for a long time now. Every time I ask about it the admissions office just keeps pushing back the date for when I'll hear. Is it safe to assume that this stringing along mean I won't be getting anything?

Thanks for the help.

BOOM SHAKA LAKA.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 am

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 am

sublime12089 wrote:Does anybody have any insight/guesses to how much tuition will go up in the next couple of years. Do you think it will be over 50k by the time current 0Ls are 3Ls?
Probably. Assuming a 3% increase each year (admissions said to budget for 2-4%):

2013-14: $48,345
2014-15: $49,795
2015-16: $51,289

abc987

New

Post by abc987 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 am

shifty_eyed wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Until May 1.
...and????
Sorry for the initial vagueness, I will PM anyone who's curious.
Count me as curious. :-)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”