IU - Bloomington Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gail

Silver

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Post by Gail » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm

benito wrote:irregular and a bit frustrating. gail did they provide any info or was it just a 'be patient' deal?
Benito. They said it would take two weeks. I actually just literally got their e-mail with a status checker. So I do think that it is a "just be patient" situation.

Problem: Their status checker situation is just as f'd up.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 pm

thanks~ yeah I just got mine too and the status checker appears to be working ok.....good luck with it, they haven't yet marked any of my materials as 'received' so it looks like there is still a long wait ahead

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm

benito wrote:thanks~ yeah I just got mine too and the status checker appears to be working ok.....good luck with it, they haven't yet marked any of my materials as 'received' so it looks like there is still a long wait ahead
Yeah. That's what I mean. The only thing that is marked is CAS Report. Should take a day or two to get my PS, LORs, etc.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Gail wrote:E-Mail and my heart went ^

Status checker shows incomplete and my heart went v

:(
+1

MillerTime12

New

Post by MillerTime12 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:39 am

Finally a change (as of 11/29)! Status now reads "File Complete - No Decision Yet."

Applied RD on 9/16.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:32 pm

My status changed to "Incomplete File - Being Processed". Submitted 10/28.

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Hoping my Dec. score will be good enough to apply asap! Contemplating whether or not to send it in early or wait until my score comes in...

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:51 pm

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:22 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:.
I thought you got banned. Ahh well, welcome back, bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Does the Bloomington $120K require you to maintain a certain GPA? What are the details about the scholarship?

beezy08

Bronze

Post by beezy08 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:52 pm

BeerMaker wrote:Does the Bloomington $120K require you to maintain a certain GPA? What are the details about the scholarship?
Last year I am pretty sure it was good standing, which is like a 2.3

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:44 pm

any movement? this seems odd that no one has really been accepted yet (LSN). Last year at this time there was more action.

seahawk32

Bronze

Post by seahawk32 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 am

I received a fee waiver in early November, and applied on December 1st. Have yet to receive an e-mail with information about a status checker.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 am

seahawk32 wrote:I received a fee waiver in early November, and applied on December 1st. Have yet to receive an e-mail with information about a status checker.
It takes a pretty long time. I submitted at the end of October and have only had mine for a weeks. File is still incomplete.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am

seahawk32 wrote:I received a fee waiver in early November, and applied on December 1st. Have yet to receive an e-mail with information about a status checker.
Not totally surprising seeing as it's only been a few business days. Give it some time before you start sweating the responsiveness.

seahawk32

Bronze

Post by seahawk32 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 am

TommyK wrote:Not totally surprising seeing as it's only been a few business days. Give it some time before you start sweating the responsiveness.
I wasn't lol.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 am

seahawk32 wrote:
TommyK wrote:Not totally surprising seeing as it's only been a few business days. Give it some time before you start sweating the responsiveness.
I wasn't lol.
sweet. I'm surprised you're considering IUB with your numbers. They're pretty sick. Good luck with your cycle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

theduffman

Bronze

Post by theduffman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

got my status checker - applied about a week ago

Stl2012

New

Post by Stl2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:13 pm

theduffman wrote:got my status checker - applied about a week ago
Same... Checking in.

ScoutFinch

Bronze

Post by ScoutFinch » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:17 pm

I applied two days ago and got the status checker today.

northside

Bronze

Post by northside » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Is it irrational to be annoyed/concerned by this? I was really liking IU--B but if it takes this long to process an app how long will it take to get other things done at the school? Am I going crazy?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AriGoldButNicer

Bronze

Post by AriGoldButNicer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm

northside wrote:Is it irrational to be annoyed/concerned by this? I was really liking IU--B but if it takes this long to process an app how long will it take to get other things done at the school? Am I going crazy?
dude you gotta chill. you aren't the only applicant. last year, they made it rain around this time but might be moving slower this year. i remember being annoyed that IU: B needed a commitment before march 1, not just a deposit - my friggin word, and this was before other schools even sent decisions so it's funny now they're too slow.

is IU: B still making it rain? This school is worth applying to if for nothing else the ASW - best 1 in the country among tier 1s (i'm sure miami and hawaii are better).

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:08 pm

northside wrote:Is it irrational to be annoyed/concerned by this? I was really liking IU--B but if it takes this long to process an app how long will it take to get other things done at the school? Am I going crazy?
It's not rational or irrational; It's probably just an unfamiliarity with the process. I know it can be frustrating when you're trying to figure out where you're going to spend three years, but it takes them time - there are lots of stakeholders who help in the decision: faculty, admission reps, the scholarship committee.

I also wouldn't interpret this as an indication of how they function in other capacities. After I got accepted last year and had follow-up questions, I would get answers back on my questions usually within an hour. If I remember correctly, the reverse-splitters waited a bit longer than the splitters in receiving acceptances last year. Because they're so splitter and reverse-splitter friendly, I would guess it takes them a bit of work to navigate those medians. Probably much harder than a school that has hard floors.

Hang in there. You'll be at ASW in no-time.

northside

Bronze

Post by northside » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 pm

TommyK wrote:
It's not rational or irrational; It's probably just an unfamiliarity with the process. I know it can be frustrating when you're trying to figure out where you're going to spend three years, but it takes them time - there are lots of stakeholders who help in the decision: faculty, admission reps, the scholarship committee.

I also wouldn't interpret this as an indication of how they function in other capacities. After I got accepted last year and had follow-up questions, I would get answers back on my questions usually within an hour. If I remember correctly, the reverse-splitters waited a bit longer than the splitters in receiving acceptances last year. Because they're so splitter and reverse-splitter friendly, I would guess it takes them a bit of work to navigate those medians. Probably much harder than a school that has hard floors.

Hang in there. You'll be at ASW in no-time.
I guess I should have clarified. I understand that decisions themselves take a while, its the fact that I submitted my app a month ago and am still "incomplete". I've been accepted at other schools already.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 pm

northside wrote:I guess I should have clarified. I understand that decisions themselves take a while, its the fact that I submitted my app a month ago and am still "incomplete". I've been accepted at other schools already.
From my cycle, different schools used different statuses as their "holding status". Some schools would keep you in review for 3 months, other schools would keep you at "incomplete" or "complete". Honestly, the status checker very well might not be reflective of your current status in application. IUB status checker is new this year, but last year I got "file is complete" email on 1/24 and received a package in the mail with acceptance and scholarship info on 1/28. So most likely, you're not incomplete; you're probably in review. There doesn't seem to be any universal approach toward statuses among all programs. Not sure if this provides any comfort, or just more frustration, but I hope comfort.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”