Loyola Chicago Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Scottie88

Bronze

Re: Loyola Chicago

Post by Scottie88 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Just got an email saying a decision had been made on my application and will be sent within the next two weeks. Judging that they are announcing acceptances in emails I dont think I made it. any thoughts? :(

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 pm

I just received an email too - "Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks... We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming."

I'll assume this is a rejection considering ArghItsBlarg received an acceptance via email.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

CSCS Trainer wrote:I just received an email too - "Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks... We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming."

I'll assume this is a rejection considering ArghItsBlarg received an acceptance via email.
Yeah, I got this as well...uh-oh.

lwf911

New

Post by lwf911 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

In via e-mail too!

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 pm

bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:
January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law
What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

My status is updated and so far I haven't gotten an email at all...wonder what that means. :?

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Capitol A wrote:
January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
School of Law
What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?

Loyola doesn't YP, do they?

bhcm

New

Post by bhcm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Capitol A wrote:
January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
School of Law
I have no idea, maybe some sort of URM YP although I thought Loyola Chicago didn't do that? I'm assuming WL, LC was one of my safeties too considering I've already gotten in to Illinois and WUSTL :) No worries here.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

You have absolutely no business getting WL'ed though from here. Would be ridiculous if you did.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:40 pm

TT09 wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
School of Law

Loyola doesn't YP, do they?
I'm sure every school YPs in some way or another, but a previous contributor to this thread got an admit email with a 173. This is what made me wonder what the email quoted above is all about.
My status changed to "Decision made 1/3" very late on 1/3, so I am anxiously awaiting getting a positive email, but again, the message quoted above makes me a bit uneasy. I really hate to be discouraging to 'bhcm' but this email is incredibly ambiguous, don't you think?

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I would say so, yes. Either way, I suppose all we can do is just wait now.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

bhcm wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
School of Law
I have no idea, maybe some sort of URM YP although I thought Loyola Chicago didn't do that? I'm assuming WL, LC was one of my safeties too considering I've already gotten in to Illinois and WUSTL :) No worries here.
Did you write a "why Loyola" essay? The previous person to say they were in with a 170+ lives in Chicago, and applied only to Chicagoland schools, except 1. I supposed YP is a compliment to some extent...Particularly if you've already got some strong admits in the bag.

bhcm

New

Post by bhcm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm sure every school YPs in some way or another, but a previous contributor to this thread got an admit email with a 173. This is what made me wonder what the email quoted above is all about.
My status changed to "Decision made 1/3" very late on 1/3, so I am anxiously awaiting getting a positive email, but again, the message quoted above makes me a bit uneasy. I really hate to be discouraging to 'bhcm' but this email is incredibly ambiguous, don't you think?
Yeah, I understand your rationale on the ambiguity of the e-mail because I thought the same exact thing. Other TLSers quoted the same e-mail I got after I posted it....it's legit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

bhcm wrote:
Yeah, I understand your rationale on the ambiguity of the e-mail because I thought the same exact thing. Other TLSers quoted the same e-mail I got after I posted it....it's legit.
I didn't mean to sound like I didn't think it was legit. I just think it's a weird thing for them to send. If they[re admitting you, you'd think it would just say that, and that it wouldn't say, "thank you for your interest." Of course, I'm probably reading way too much into this...but this is still strange. It will be interesting to see what the letter says that you get in the mail.

LAguy33

New

Post by LAguy33 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Just received an e-mail today saying that I have been accepted. My application status checker changed to "Decision made" on January 2, but I didn't receive an e-mail until now saying I was accepted. Pretty excited but waiting to hear from SMU and Tulane

3.3 and 161, non URM, strong softs

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:26 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...
This is what I'm starting to think. At least this is what I want to think, lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm

TT09 wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...
At least you got an email! I've gotten nothing so far... :( (I don't mean to be whiny, but I feel pretty whiny right now!)

rockyIV

New

Post by rockyIV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Got an email saying I was accepted today around 2:30, a decision was made on 01/03 but just got the actual acceptance email notification. 162 and 3.5, good luck everyone

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

To those of you who got the ambiguous email, did your "Mailings" update (from the status checker) to reflect it being sent?

Just curious.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
At least you got an email! I've gotten nothing so far... :( (I don't mean to be whiny, but I feel pretty whiny right now!)
+1. Even though I'm THIS close to committing to another school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Capitol A wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
+1. Even though I'm THIS close to committing to another school.
Ahhh some support for my theory!

TurkeyDay

New

Post by TurkeyDay » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...
That would be comforting.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...
That would be comforting.
Seems like a logical, if uncommon way of doing things. Certainly possible since my last name starts with S and my status didn't change until quite a bit later than a lot of others on 1/3.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”