To the lurking adcomms.... EXPOSE YOURSELVES. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
reasonabledoubt

Silver

To the lurking adcomms.... EXPOSE YOURSELVES.

Post by reasonabledoubt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Surely there are a few lurking adcomms (both current and former) amongst us.

Why hide in enigmatic anonymity? Why not just regular anonymity?

Share with us your tips and trade-secrets. No one's telling here. We have no face, just a tar, obscure username, and several outstanding applications.

What can we do to improve our chances? Schedule more visits/face-to-face meetings with you all? Send you cookies? What's your poison?

Disclaimer: If no one emerges, let this thread become a photo-gallery of your favorite spice girl.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Re: To the lurking adcomms.... EXPOSE YOURSELVES.

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:38 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:Surely there are a few lurking adcomms (both current and former) amongst us.

Share with us your tips and trade-secrets. No one's telling here. We have no face, just a tar, obscure username, and several outstanding applications.

What can we do to improve our chances? Schedule more visits/face-to-face meetings with you all? Send you cookies? What's your poison?

Disclaimer: If no one emerges, let this thread become a photo-gallery of your favorite spice girl.

LOLWUT??

Ur not serious right?

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Surely there are a few lurking adcomms (both current and former) amongst us.

LOLWUT??

Ur not serious right?
Not really, but hey, worth a quick feeler-thread. Image
Last edited by reasonabledoubt on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

slenslee

New

Post by slenslee » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm an adcomm, you're all in, free ride, AND first round of drinks are on me!

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Lame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Buy us some drinks first, geez.

guyincognito

New

Post by guyincognito » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm

As dean of admissions at Yale, I want you all to know that exotic facial hair will increase your chances of being admitted by up to 100%. This advice applies to both males and females fyi.

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

guyincognito wrote:As dean of admissions at Yale, I want you all to know that exotic facial hair will increase your chances of being admitted by up to 100%. This advice applies to both males and females fyi.
This is one of my favorite things ever: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picture ... laska.html

Preview of things to come in that link:

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm

guyincognito wrote:As dean of admissions at Yale, I want you all to know that exotic facial hair will increase your chances of being admitted by up to 100%. This advice applies to both males and females fyi.
Dear Mr. Dean of Admissions,

Does your committee look favorably upon any other specific physical characteristics? My mother, sister, father, as well as I, all have excessive facial hair and was hoping to determine if unibrows also qualify for special consideration.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:00 pm

eshort wrote:

Preview of things to come in that link:
FTW

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:03 pm

--ImageRemoved--

guyincognito

New

Post by guyincognito » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Dear Mr. Dean of Admissions,

Does your committee look favorably upon any other specific physical characteristics? My mother, sister, father, as well as I, all have excessive facial hair and was hoping to determine if unibrows also qualify for special consideration.
Thank you for your question young sir. I am always happy to answer questions posed by inquisitive young minds. Unibrows are, indeed, looked upon favorably. However, in the absence of such favorable genetic predispositions, other efforts can be made. For instance, wearing a cape or monocle to an interview with a member of my staff will have a lasting impact. Also, try legally adding an important-sounding title to your name (try Chancellor, Viceroy, or Colonel, for example).
Last edited by guyincognito on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”