LOCIs for Waitlisting Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nyskidude

Bronze

LOCIs for Waitlisting

Post by nyskidude » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm not quite sure where this topic would belong, so I am going to post it with the waitlists. I have been waitlisted at a few schools that I would love to go to (UVA and Vandy), but I'm not sure how effective LOCIs actually are... I have heard of plenty of people who get taken off of waitlists without writing LOCIs while people who do write them never get taken off. But I have also heard that I'd be stupid not to write LOCIs. So, I guess my question is how effective are LOCIs? Will they really influence my ability to get taken off of the waitlist?

Walfredo47

New

Re: LOCIs for Waitlisting

Post by Walfredo47 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:06 pm

here is a thread that should have what your looking for;

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=27169

robin600

Gold

Re: LOCIs for Waitlisting

Post by robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 pm

nyskidude wrote:I'm not quite sure where this topic would belong, so I am going to post it with the waitlists. I have been waitlisted at a few schools that I would love to go to (UVA and Vandy), but I'm not sure how effective LOCIs actually are... I have heard of plenty of people who get taken off of waitlists without writing LOCIs while people who do write them never get taken off. But I have also heard that I'd be stupid not to write LOCIs. So, I guess my question is how effective are LOCIs? Will they really influence my ability to get taken off of the waitlist?
Yes!!! Not as much as a killer LSAT retake or a 4.0 semester would, but they do help, especially if you're out of school. Put it this way your significant other is constantly bitching about how you never tell him/her you love them enough. Does telling them you love them more often mean that your relationship is going to change, no, but telling them you love them more will keep you off their shit list!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”