Calm down or take action? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jmaan

Bronze

Calm down or take action?

Post by jmaan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:51 pm

I submitted to pretty much all t20 schools and a few regional safeties around the end of dec early Jan. I've gotten in to a couple safeties but just got wl'd at duke from my priority Track app. I think my why duke essay kinda sucked and if that's the case, I should just relax. The other possibility is that my numbers aren't as competitive as the rest this cycle 3.55/171.
So I was wondering if I should Ed to UVA or not. It's not my absolute top choice but I'd def love to go there. Would it make a difference? Is it necessary? Also I want to practice in northern CA if that makes a difference.

I appreciate any feedback.

billyez

Silver

Re: Calm down or take action?

Post by billyez » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Dude. It's been a month. Wait before you cede a decision of such importance away.

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:55 pm

would you rather go to usc/ucla or virginia?

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Go to USC with $$

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks for all the quick responses guys...it just kinda sucks getting that first wl. I'd def love ucla/USC but from what I've learned from tls and heard from my friends in law school is that t14 is better than the socal schools for norcal. But obviously this is just the conclusion I've came to so far and it's by no means correct.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:07 pm

just wait it out, you'll prolly get into some pretty sexy schools without having to commit

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:10 pm

You have WE -- you'll get into Northwestern. Also, you should be fine at Cornell and G-Town.

And I'd say with your numbers, you have a decent/outside shot at NYU, Chicago and Penn. You should get in to Virginia and Michigan through RD (check the LSN graphs, 3.5x and 171 is their wheelhouse).

I vote for relaxing, although I feel your pain. It's hard not be neurotic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”