Franklin Pierce Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gustrock

Bronze

Franklin Pierce

Post by gustrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Got in with money. Solid school?
Last edited by gustrock on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chameleon

New

Re: Franklin Pierce!

Post by chameleon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:17 pm

damn it i want an email...

i have the same question about pierce, it's a tier 3 school but top ten for IP, starting salaries for their patent lawyers look good, but concord kind of sucks.

i guess i'd go if they gave me money and i didn't get into any of my top choices...

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:18 pm

sausage party. Aside from that, it's a T3, but i guess its ok in IP.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Specialty rankings mean nothing and the only lawyers that become patent lawyers/IP lawyers, for the most part, are hard science majors.

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

i heard specialty rankings within patent law matter a bit for exactly that reason, it's only science majors

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hank44

New

Post by hank44 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm

agree with the idea that specialty rankings mean little... at least from what ive heard...i think a school like pierce, you either go if you get a full ride (unless you get into a much better school that is) OR if you KNOW you want to work in the state/area...otherwise i dont see it helping you get many jobs anywhere...for what its worth, im from the nyc area and didnt know they even had a law school until I saw it noted on this forum...

edit: plus, you might decide youre interested in another aspect of the law, something totally different
Last edited by hank44 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gustrock

Bronze

Post by gustrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Wrong. My uncle is partner at a large firm (500 + Attorneys) that does a lot of IP work, mostly copyrights. He was an english major, graduated from T4, now he is a millionaire.

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

gustrock wrote:Wrong. My uncle is partner at a large firm (500 + Attorneys) that does a lot of IP work, mostly copyrights. He was an english major, graduated from T4, now he is a millionaire.
he did not pass the patent bar though, did he? and he doesn't write patents himself? there's a difference between being partner at a firm that works a lot in IP and being a lawyer that actually deals with patents...

gustrock

Bronze

Post by gustrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 pm

yea. thats true. i dont want to be a patent lawyer. i want to work copyrights. IP is just a blanket term for all these areas. he didn't pass patent bar, no. the market still seems to be lucrative, nevertheless, if you know the right people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Oblomov

Bronze

Post by Oblomov » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:31 pm

gustrock wrote:Wrong. My uncle is partner at a large firm (500 + Attorneys) that does a lot of IP work, mostly copyrights. He was an english major, graduated from T4, now he is a millionaire.
Oh, well I guess that proves it.

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

This is such an underrepresented perspective in these threads which I have dozens of close, first hand examples of as well..... thanks for noting this.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

I was accepted to Pierce the day before I retook the LSATs (good morale booster). I think it's a great school for me because of my interest in IP (particularly copyrights). If I get a full ride or close to it, it's definitely a consideration. Although, I would be a little nervous to attend a school with such an intense focus on IP in case my interests change.

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:41 pm

mhd08 wrote:I was accepted to Pierce the day before I retook the LSATs (good morale booster). I think it's a great school for me because of my interest in IP (particularly copyrights). If I get a full ride or close to it, it's definitely a consideration. Although, I would be a little nervous to attend a school with such an intense focus on IP in case my interests change.
stats (if you're comfortable)? were you a hard science major?

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

161, 3.41... I was a business major, but I'm more interested in IP in terms of copyrights. I'm a musician and am very passionate about the arts so I figure this is the best way to combine that interest with law.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”