THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarlis

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by sarlis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:25 pm

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:UVA is gettin "Snookie-ed" in this thread. They probably don't know though because they're getting "spray tanned" right now...
as is UPenn

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:UVA is gettin "Snookie-ed" in this thread. They probably don't know though because they're getting "spray tanned" right now...
this just made my day - as i am sure that i will be receiving my rejection soon enough

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Dinged @ Harvard by email just now.

Can't even find the words--yet.

(but I will--oh yes, I will)

dwoolsto

New

Post by dwoolsto » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Harvard 1/7

Yale wannabe's... you'll never be number one!

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:32 pm

monkeygirl wrote:Dinged @ Harvard by email just now.

Can't even find the words--yet.

(but I will--oh yes, I will)
Please include something about how lame natalie portman is. last season top chef guest? now her taste buds are better than everyone else's too?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:02 pm

BearDownChicago wrote:dinged illinois

Pless is awesome, but would be more awesome for not dinging me.

At first I really wanted to go, but after 5 years (UG and Grad) I hate this place. The law school is across the street from a cemetery. Depressing. Ron Zook sucks. Tailgaiting is even worse.
What'd you major in? I'm class of 08.

Sequoia90

New

Post by Sequoia90 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:03 pm

out at HLS... it was a long shot...

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Out at Harvard. Who wants to be a Supreme Court Justice anyway?

:|

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:15 pm

js87 wrote:Out at Harvard. Who wants to be a Supreme Court Justice anyway?

:|

So, so true. They don't even have a Skull & Bones society. Do they even have something comparable? Pedestrian. :wink:
Last edited by fonzerelli on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Ding at Michigan. Fabulous way to end the cycle imho.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:36 pm

rejected from George Mason today. yayyyyyyy !!

Sequoia90

New

Post by Sequoia90 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 am

Vandy knocked me onto the WL today...

Hey Tennessee! It's ok, you must have realized that you were my backup application. No hard feelings... I never really even wanted to spend 3 years in Tennessee anyways...

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 am

Sequoia90 wrote:Vandy knocked me onto the WL today...

Hey Tennessee! It's ok, you must have realized that you were my backup application. No hard feelings... I never really even wanted to spend 3 years in Tennessee anyways...
Ten-essee? More like number seventeenth-I-see. Plus, if you have all your teeth and aren't dating your cousin.... [strike]low blow, nevermind.[/strike] :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

fonzerelli wrote:

Ten-essee? More like number seventeenth-I-see. Plus, if you have all your teeth and aren't dating your cousin.... [strike]low blow, nevermind.[/strike] :lol:
Sorry about the WL, but just for your edumacation the split of states that let cousins marry seems to run fairly evenly across north and south lines... see here: http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=4266 (Includes half of New England FWIW).

The incidence of such marriages, whoever, may be higher in Tennessee and other states with a significant rural population... in small towns the pickins get a lot slimmer. I am wholly in support of the bridge-jumping rural Tennessean who made it through to Hollywood in American Idol though, and I imagine most of the law school is in agreement. Nothin like a good bridge to jump off every now and then, and it's far more animal-friendly than cowtippin'.

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:27 pm

observationalist wrote:
fonzerelli wrote:

Sorry about the WL, but just for your edumacation the split of states that let cousins marry seems to run fairly evenly across north and south lines... see here: http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=4266 (Includes half of New England FWIW).

The incidence of such marriages, whoever, may be higher in Tennessee and other states with a significant rural population... in small towns the pickins get a lot slimmer. I am wholly in support of the bridge-jumping rural Tennessean who made it through to Hollywood in American Idol though, and I imagine most of the law school is in agreement. Nothin like a good bridge to jump off every now and then, and it's far more animal-friendly than cowtippin'.
Tennessee resident uses terms: "pickins, bridge-jumping, American Idol, nothin and cowtippin" all in one post. Ahem, I suppose I have nothing more to add, your honor. ;)

Joking aside - Vandy 2010' I see. What do you think of your last three years and choice?

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

fonzerelli wrote:
observationalist wrote:
fonzerelli wrote:

Tennessee resident uses terms: "pickins, bridge-jumping, American Idol, nothin and cowtippin" all in one post. Ahem, I suppose I have nothing more to add, your honor. ;)

Joking aside - Vandy 2010' I see. What do you think of your last three years and choice?
It has given me a lot of insight into just how to use words like pickins... I can also say 'y'all' without sounding like I'm putting on airs, which comes in handy every now and then. So all in all I say it has been a positive experience.

[grossly understates often-repeated support for chosen law school, gchats fellow 3L to suggest crashing the first National Tea Party Convention being held here next month.]

OriginalPerson

New

Post by OriginalPerson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:32 pm

The Fonz (who brought you The Ding Bar) was unjustly banned for calling out a troll. Please plea to the mods to lift this unjust restriction. Thanks all. Good luck w/all your apps.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OriginalPerson

New

Post by OriginalPerson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

jayzon wrote:
OriginalPerson wrote:The Fonz (who brought you The Ding Bar) was unjustly banned for calling out a troll. Please plea to the mods to lift this unjust restriction. Thanks all. Good luck w/all your apps.
Normally, I'd just shut up and move on...but it is really sketchy that the entire thread disappeared. Who eliminated all the evidence?
I think it was Betasteve? This ban was quite bogus. (proxy server right now) I really thought I was being helpful. Injustice I say! :D

Anyways, I'd really like my Fonzerelli account back.... this proxy stuff makes me feel like a criminal.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

jayzon wrote:
OriginalPerson wrote:The Fonz (who brought you The Ding Bar) was unjustly banned for calling out a troll. Please plea to the mods to lift this unjust restriction. Thanks all. Good luck w/all your apps.
Normally, I'd just shut up and move on...but it is really sketchy that the entire thread disappeared. Who eliminated all the evidence?
What are the facts of this case? I seem to have missed it...

OriginalPerson

New

Post by OriginalPerson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

DCD wrote:
jayzon wrote:
What are the facts of this case? I seem to have missed it...
Ok, yesterday I created a thread about the potential benefits of recording lectures during your 1L and I ended it with, "something to show the kids someday."

Some DB "superserial" then says, "your kids are going to suck." Really off-color, rude, but whatever.

Then today I made a thread to call out trolls such as he.. and I WAS BANZORED. Strange irony. I was seriously trying to help.

Fonzi's left with nothing to say now but..... Heyyyyyyyyyy. Mods, is this for real? Was that last thread even read or was it a blind ban?

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Lift the ban-I love me some Fonz!

BTW, We don't even have to tell Harvard that they suck, they appear to know it already:

Have a look

--LinkRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

I liked that Fonz guy and his comments were generally pretty good/interesting; also, his avatar made them easier to spot.

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Dinged at OSU before I even applied. I sent in all my fee waiver info (fafsa, essay, etc.) and was kind enough to give them my "Why Wisconsin?" essay, and Wisconsin was so excited when they received my "Why Ohio State" essay. Wisconsin gave me the fee waiver and said it was no big deal. OSU sent me a package in the mail with a letter explaining why I'm an idiot. Seriously.

Ha... awkwaaard.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 pm

BruceBarr wrote:Dinged at OSU before I even applied. I sent in all my fee waiver info (fafsa, essay, etc.) and was kind enough to give them my "Why Wisconsin?" essay, and Wisconsin was so excited when they received my "Why Ohio State" essay. Wisconsin gave me the fee waiver and said it was no big deal. OSU sent me a package in the mail with a letter explaining why I'm an idiot. Seriously.

Ha... awkwaaard.
NO WAY!! What did OSU say???

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Dinged at Harvard a few days ago. I only applied because my uncle wouldn't stand for me not giving Harvard a shot.

I never wanted to go -- and now he owes me a beer (and $80+12).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”