THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oneforship

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by oneforship » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

UT 11/5: The only things in Austin are steers and queers.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Notre Dame 11/2/09

App complete 10/15. Did they even read it? Can leprechauns actually read?
I think I win the "Did they even bother reading it?!" contest ...

UVA - Complete 11/30 - Rejection 12/2 (via e-mail). I don't have anything horrible to say, I really wanted to go there :( . However, I'm sure I'll be rejected by some schools I'd like to make fun of so .. TAGGED!

nsinger

New

Post by nsinger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Boston College despite my numbers being around 75th in LSAT and GPA (165/3.75). Boston's a shitty second rate city anyway and I got into Fordham. So take that to all those yuppie J. Crew wearing mo'fuckas.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm

ccs224 wrote:Penn - 1/12.

It's in Philadelphia. Nuff said.
+1

1/13/09

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm

BU: I'm a Yankees fan. Plus, who wants to spend all day in that hideous tower anyway?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:23 pm

BU: You rejected a URM at your medians. Smooth move.
Penn: Never had a shot but thanks for the fee waiver. It was worth $12 for you to have to take the time to create a file for me.

OrcinusOrcas

New

Post by OrcinusOrcas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Berkeley: Pedestrians are crazy, homeless homicidal maniacs or self-absorbed joggers/students too busy with their Ipods/group of giggly friends to pay attention to the mess of cars and buses zooming by. Getting around is a nightmare, I'm glad I won't have to deal with that crap anymore just trying to get to class (went there for UG). Also, too many crazy burnouts trolling the streets. Too many vegan restaurants. Too many people constantly handing me papers about how I should be making donations to save whoever. Campus is way too far away from nearest BART station or parking lot. All the classrooms I had sucked ass. Law school part of campus isn't particularly inspiring. And, most of all, it's way too far from my home town and I just got accepted to the best law school in my home town.

OH YEAH. Now I should set that to TOP THAT! TOP THAT! (circa the rap in Teen Witch from the 80's)

pa.wink

New

Post by pa.wink » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:OP is a genius. I just got my apps out though so I got nothing.
+1

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Harvard: Stop being so attractive and giving me false hope. Well, I guess that second part was my fault. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Michigan 1/15: I feel like my vacinity to the Detroit Lions would make me flunk out of law school.

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I love this thread, and since the hatchet seems to be swinging today, I feel as though I will be making more contributions shortly.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Illinois.

I hate to be negative about this rejection because Dean Pless is pretty cool posting on TLS and all.

But here it goes: Buckeyes > fighting illini every fucking day.

juice williams sucks, as does the entire football team.

mchrop10

New

Post by mchrop10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Ding from UIUC :(

Whatever, it's Urbana-Champaign...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm T2 caliber so here's some new ones for you...

George Mason-- who wants to go to the third best law school (at best) in a hurting legal market. And I don't speak spanish so I wouldn't survive in Northern Virginia.
Tulane-- I'm not going to kick a guy while he's down... but it's New Orleans...

More to come I'm sure

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm glad to join the party....

Berkeley axed me yesterday. I went out to the bar to drown myself in good alcohol, ended up meeting a group of rich cool foreigners, drank champagne all night and the rest if PG (XXX).

Thank you Berkeley for the best night of my life!!

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 pm

hell of a silver-lining, and that was only a Thursday night, well done.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Columbia 12/18

No one considers you to be "Real" Ivy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BearDownChicago

New

Post by BearDownChicago » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:03 pm

dinged illinois

Pless is awesome, but would be more awesome for not dinging me.

At first I really wanted to go, but after 5 years (UG and Grad) I hate this place. The law school is across the street from a cemetery. Depressing. Ron Zook sucks. Tailgaiting is even worse.

BearDownChicago

New

Post by BearDownChicago » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:04 pm

mchrop10 wrote:Ding from UIUC :(

Whatever, it's Urbana-Champaign...
well put

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 pm

I just status checked the F out of my status check spreadsheet and although I have nothing new to report, I do have something to say.

Harvard, come here with me and don't worry sweetheart, it's 5'oclock somewhere. Let me by you a drink, overpriced Boston Lager, right? You got it. Baaaatenda, get this lady a veritas drink. Oh, I know a lot of things honey, latin is one of them.

Now listen, I know you haven't made any decisions with regards to our relationship but you and I both know you're way out of my numbers league. But, don't you like how I "got it done" in the real world for all those years after undergrad? Quantifiable achievement baby. I know a lot of other girls that like that about me. Oh I know they're not as highly ranked, but once you wipe away all that makeup, a lot of what you get out of a relationship is how hard you work in it, right? Of course I'm right doll.

I gotta run. You do what you have to do but I'm going to do what I have to do as well. (kiss on cheek while I slap $12 lsac dollars on the bar and leave)

Sequoia90

New

Post by Sequoia90 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 pm

UVA: Waitlist? I have an idea, why don't you go ---- yourself.

Penn: Waitlist: Don't expect an email begging to be kept on your waitlist. Your school visit SUCKED (the few token minorities getting completely ignored by argyle-sweater wearing honkeys)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 pm

fonzerelli wrote:I just status checked the F out of my status check spreadsheet and although I have nothing new to report, I do have something to say.

Harvard, come here with me and don't worry sweetheart, it's 5'oclock somewhere. Let me by you a drink, overpriced Boston Lager, right? You got it. Baaaatenda, get this lady a veritas drink. Oh, I know a lot of things honey, latin is one of them.

Now listen, I know you haven't made any decisions with regards to our relationship but you and I both know you're way out of my numbers league. But, don't you like how I "got it done" in the real world for all those years after undergrad? Quantifiable achievement baby. I know a lot of other girls that like that about me. Oh I know they're not as highly ranked, but once you wipe away all that makeup, a lot of what you get out of a relationship is how hard you work in it, right? Of course I'm right doll.

I gotta run. You do what you have to do but I'm going to do what I have to do as well. (kiss on cheek while I slap $12 lsac dollars on the bar and leave)
1+ LOL you should get in jus for this skit!

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Oban wrote:Columbia 12/18

No one considers you to be "Real" Ivy.
Solid
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 pm

UVA is gettin "Snookie-ed" in this thread. They probably don't know though because they're getting "spray tanned" right now...

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:25 pm

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:UVA is gettin "Snookie-ed" in this thread. They probably don't know though because they're getting "spray tanned" right now...
Spray tanning seems to be one way to get UVA Rays ITT.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”