THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
S.Picquery

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by S.Picquery » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 pm

somedeadman wrote:Got my first rejection today (Berkeley), and I don't even care lol
High five for not giving a shit! Good luck with the rest if your cycle though.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 am

somedeadman wrote:Got my first rejection today (Berkeley), and I don't even care lol
Same

No worries, Berkeley. I'm not huge on hippies and insane rent anyways.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

S.Picquery wrote:
High five for not giving a shit! Good luck with the rest if your cycle though.
I was waitlisted at most of the t14. Got into northwestern though, so all is good :)

rapmasterg

New

Post by rapmasterg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:41 am

Penn you are not even the best big ten law school.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:21 am

rapmasterg wrote:Penn you are not even the best big ten law school.
Penn isn't in the Big 10... :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:45 am

chargers21 wrote:
Exactly

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 am

Michigan rejects me through the status checker...tells me that they'll send me a letter via snail mail. Now Michigan...we both know that is very unnecessary.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:15 am

chargers21 wrote:
Woosh. :lol:

largemarge26

New

Post by largemarge26 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 pm

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

lol'd. Made me feel better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Got my first rejection and I feel great lol. Cornell, aint nobody trying to live in Shithaca anyways lol.

SNightHighlights

New

Post by SNightHighlights » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Eyyy, rejected from Berkeley and Cornell in the same week. New York is just a dirtier shittier Chicago, and I hear Berkeley has a homeless problem but you can't tell the difference between the students and actual homeless people.

#TotallyNotSalty

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Got my first rejection and I feel great lol. Cornell, aint nobody trying to live in Shithaca anyways lol.
DAYUM lol

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Got my first rejection and I feel great lol. Cornell, aint nobody trying to live in Shithaca anyways lol.

Same! hahahaha :mrgreen: 8) #calibornandbred

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

doneonedone

New

Post by doneonedone » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:11 am

What kind of name is GULC anyway?

I hope there's always snow on your driveway
I hope you never got off Fridays
And you work at a Friday's that's always busy on Fridays
I hope you win the lottery and lose your ticket
I hope it's Ben and Socrates poop all up in your kitchen
I hope the zipper on your jacket get stuck
And your headphones short, and your charger dont work
And I hope you spill shit on your shirt...

Shit

*I make no claim to the lyrical genius of this song

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 am

SNightHighlights wrote:I hear Berkeley has a homeless problem but you can't tell the difference between the students and actual homeless people.

#TotallyNotSalty
you're gonna make a fantastic Esq.

SNightHighlights

New

Post by SNightHighlights » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:34 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
SNightHighlights wrote:I hear Berkeley has a homeless problem but you can't tell the difference between the students and actual homeless people.

#TotallyNotSalty
Don't smudge my Rolex pleb. :P

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Dear Berkeley,

After thoroughly reviewing your rejection letter, I have decided, with regret, to vote for Donald J. Trump in the 2020 US Presidential Elections.

My decision was not easy. The majority of the candidates are well-qualified to oversee the presidency of the United States, and indeed many of them will run as candidates in 2020. But with more than 20 candidates competing for my vote, my choice must be highly selective. Although my review process is thorough, it is also human, fallible, and in part subjective.

You are to be congratulated for establishing such an esteemed law school and I hope that you will continue to be permitted to operate in the United States during Herr Trump's Fourth Reich. If America remains your first choice, you may wish consider moving to Texas and re-branding yourself as a Conservative school. That way you will no longer rip the hearts out of all the liberal applicants in the world. Or you can send us all acceptance letters. Either will do.

Sincerely,
One extreme salty liberal/hippie
Definitely not Ted Cruz

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm

SNightHighlights wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:

#TotallyNotSalty
cant tell if satire or just gross

SNightHighlights

New

Post by SNightHighlights » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:11 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
SNightHighlights wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:

#TotallyNotSalty
cant tell if satire or just gross
Absolutely, unequivocally, satire sir/ma'am.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Dinged from W+M. Kinda knew I wasn't getting ED but wasn't expecting them to outright reject me(because I thought I had a real chance at RD). Also got denied at Michigan two weeks ago but didn't bother posting about that because I'd think that was obvious.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:35 pm

George Washington, I forgot I even applied to you. Take that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:47 pm

shotgunheist wrote:George Washington, I forgot I even applied to you. Take that.
Did you really want to be THAT close to the White House right now? haha :wink:

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Dear California,
I’m sorry, but it’s over between us. These last four years living with you have been great! I’ve wanted to be with you since I first laid eyes on you – when I was 6 at Disneyland. Sure, when I was in high school I may have made fun of you with all the other kids in the PNW (who uses umbrellas? lol). But that was just because I didn’t know how to express my affection. The fact is that I love you. I’ve always defended you to all my conservative friends when they call you the Communist Republic of California because they can’t buy high-capacity magazines here (how the heck is a Cali lone wolf pup supposed to pull off a decent double-digit school shooting with these 10 round mags?! #freedom #LiburalsTakinMaLiburties).

So when I told you that my dream was to become a lawyer, I should have seen the doubt hidden inside that casual smile you flash so easily. You said you supported my journey – I even got a few fee waivers. But then the harsh reality set in. You dinged me at Berkeley and Stanford. USC is playing hard to get despite the fact that my spouse has two degrees from there and there is currently $1000 in Trojans memorabilia in my house. You W/L me at UCLA – telling me “it’s not you it’s me – probably just a YP.” We’ve both seen my LSDAS GPA; you know that’s not true. Honestly, I was a bit creeped out when you tried to set me up with UC Irvine. I’m sorry, but I’m almost 30. I’m too old to be hanging out with a 9-year old.

In case you’re wondering, yes, I’m seeing someone else. Its name is Charlotte(sville). And it gets me. It respects my LSAT score and 5 years of work experience. Sure, its founder owned slaves and its students once participated in an organized attempt to violently overthrow the United States government resulting in the death of 2.5% of the country’s population. But that was years ago. Charlotte(sville) is willing to overlook my >25% GPA so I can overlook its history too. And let’s be real, it was never going to work out between us. Berkeley? How am I supposed to study when anarchists are torching police cars outside the library? Stanford? Where am I going to get a job – as some Silicon Valley asexual libertarian Trump technocollaborator’s in-house? UCLA? On second thought, I’d rather not put my child in daycare in a city where Jenny McCarthy is a more trusted source of medical advice than the surgeon general.

So though we will no longer be together, I will always remember the good times and especially the good Mexican food.

Love,
AdieuCali

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm

AdieuCali wrote:Dear California,
I’m sorry, but it’s over between us. These last four years living with you have been great! I’ve wanted to be with you since I first laid eyes on you – when I was 6 at Disneyland. Sure, when I was in high school I may have made fun of you with all the other kids in the PNW (who uses umbrellas? lol). But that was just because I didn’t know how to express my affection. The fact is that I love you. I’ve always defended you to all my conservative friends when they call you the Communist Republic of California because they can’t buy high-capacity magazines here (how the heck is a Cali lone wolf pup supposed to pull off a decent double-digit school shooting with these 10 round mags?! #freedom #LiburalsTakinMaLiburties).

So when I told you that my dream was to become a lawyer, I should have seen the doubt hidden inside that casual smile you flash so easily. You said you supported my journey – I even got a few fee waivers. But then the harsh reality set in. You dinged me at Berkeley and Stanford. USC is playing hard to get despite the fact that my spouse has two degrees from there and there is currently $1000 in Trojans memorabilia in my house. You W/L me at UCLA – telling me “it’s not you it’s me – probably just a YP.” We’ve both seen my LSDAS GPA; you know that’s not true. Honestly, I was a bit creeped out when you tried to set me up with UC Irvine. I’m sorry, but I’m almost 30. I’m too old to be hanging out with a 9-year old.

In case you’re wondering, yes, I’m seeing someone else. Its name is Charlotte(sville). And it gets me. It respects my LSAT score and 5 years of work experience. Sure, its founder owned slaves and its students once participated in an organized attempt to violently overthrow the United States government resulting in the death of 2.5% of the country’s population. But that was years ago. Charlotte(sville) is willing to overlook my >25% GPA so I can overlook its history too. And let’s be real, it was never going to work out between us. Berkeley? How am I supposed to study when anarchists are torching police cars outside the library? Stanford? Where am I going to get a job – as some Silicon Valley asexual libertarian Trump technocollaborator’s in-house? UCLA? On second thought, I’d rather not put my child in daycare in a city where Jenny McCarthy is a more trusted source of medical advice than the surgeon general.

So though we will no longer be together, I will always remember the good times and especially the good Mexican food.

Love,
AdieuCali
Solid first post.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 pm

AdieuCali wrote:Dear California,

Love,
AdieuCali
I would ask who hurt you, but it's obvious that it was the entire state of California

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”