THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
toto1995

New

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by toto1995 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Dear Harvard,

When you have someone interview please make sure he or she KNOWS how to interview prospective students. For a top 2 (oops. top 3) law school, you seem to be unable to hire generally friendly people. I'm concerned.

Tips for future HLS interviewers so you don't turn every applicant off:
1. introduce yourself
2. don't be rude, try to smile on occasion. If that is too difficult (which it may very well be, try not to look like you'd rather die than interview me)
3. make sure you know something (anything at all) about the applicant.

Fuck you guys.

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 pm

blelwoods wrote:
Instrumental wrote:It's getting to the point where I kinda want to see SybillAnnDorsett get dings just so I can see these schools get clapped up.

LMFAO!!!! For reals though :mrgreen:
Best contributor to this thread by far. Should get reconsidered at these schools purely based on these superlative posts

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Instrumental wrote:It's getting to the point where I kinda want to see SybillAnnDorsett get dings just so I can see these schools get clapped up.

j/k that's selfish
Bitch!!!!! I ain't even mad, same!
Stay tuned for NYU in a few days, my friends!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:08 pm

BoyJord wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

Best contributor to this thread by far. Should get reconsidered at these schools purely based on these superlative posts
+1

VAisforLawyers

New

Post by VAisforLawyers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 pm

BoyJord wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

j/k that's selfish
Bitch!!!!! I ain't even mad, same!
Stay tuned for NYU in a few days, my friends!
Dear lord. NYU will regret dinging you. Hopefully they won't know that pain lol

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Stanford: if I wanted to hang for three years with a bunch of asocial white kids with popped collars in a bad suburb with mediocre food I would have applied to UVA and done it for free. #thx #boibye!
Last edited by eck456 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:05 am

eck456 wrote:Stanford: if I wanted to hang for three years with a bunch of asocial white kids with popped collars in a bad suburb with mediocre food I would have applied to UVA and done it for free. #thx #boibyel
two in one! :P

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:50 am

Wow, thanks for the love, guys. It's been a little rough but I never thought dragging Harvard and snatching the TTT wig off of Georgetown's stingy, historical slave-owner head would make me feel so much better, but it did!

:D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am

GULC,

First of all wth is a law center anyway? I guess you decided to shake things up a bit since your inevitable fall from grace. The T14 gods deemed you unworthy so you felt the need to project your anger out on me. Knowing that you no longer have a seat at the T14 table must be a hard pill for you to swallow especially since that was the only worthy difference between you and your arch-nemesis GWU. I'd like you to know that I wasn't even considering applying to your fLAW center until you invited me to apply but I guess you win since you now get to brag about how many applications you received this year. Most of your students want to work in government anyway so good luck placing your students to work under habanero Hitler's reign.

Sincerely,
A 0L who has now marked you as spam

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:36 am

HABANERO HITLER IS MY DRAG NAME

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 am

toto1995 wrote:Dear Harvard,

When you have someone interview please make sure he or she KNOWS how to interview prospective students. For a top 2 (oops. top 3) law school, you seem to be unable to hire generally friendly people. I'm concerned.

1. introduce yourself
2. don't be rude, try to smile on occasion. If that is too difficult (which it may very well be, try not to look like you'd rather die than interview me)

Fuck you guys.
Geeze...most of these seem somewhat lighthearted and a sort of healthy way to release some disappointment. This one seems pretty bitter/blame-pushy AF :shock: :shock: :shock:

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 am

eck456 wrote:Stanford: if I wanted to hang for three years with a bunch of asocial white kids with popped collars in a bad suburb with mediocre food I would have applied to UVA and done it for free. #thx #boibye!
wreckt

http://imgur.com/gallery/xgz9nkR

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 am

haley12 wrote:
eck456 wrote:Stanford: if I wanted to hang for three years with a bunch of asocial white kids with popped collars in a bad suburb with mediocre food I would have applied to UVA and done it for free. #thx #boibye!
wreckt

http://imgur.com/gallery/xgz9nkR
https://giphy.com/gifs/recordingacademy ... WDQ1OQXoWI

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:33 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:HABANERO HITLER IS MY DRAG NAME

Lmao fine I guess I'll have to call him velveeta voldermort from now on

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am

Alexandros wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

+1
+2

toto1995

New

Post by toto1995 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 am

mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.
Geeze...most of these seem somewhat lighthearted and a sort of healthy way to release some disappointment. This one seems pretty bitter/blame-pushy AF :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lol I didn't get rejected and in no way am I "blaming" my interview for my WL. It's common knowledge that the HLS interview doesn't make much of a difference either way. I think I could've had the best interviewer in the world and still gotten waitlisted. I was being sarcastic about H turning applicants off with their interview style. I thought you guys would get it.

Though, you are right that I am pretty bitter that everyone seemed to have a nice interviewer and I had one who didn't bother to introduce themselves and seemed upset to be interviewing me before I even started talking... Am I not allowed to be upset about that? Or should I just not post about it?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:00 pm

toto1995 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.
Lol I didn't get rejected and in no way am I "blaming" my interview for my WL. It's common knowledge that the HLS interview doesn't make much of a difference either way. I think I could've had the best interviewer in the world and still gotten waitlisted. I was being sarcastic about H turning applicants off with their interview style. I thought you guys would get it.

Though, you are right that I am pretty bitter that everyone seemed to have a nice interviewer and I had one who didn't bother to introduce themselves and seemed upset to be interviewing me before I even started talking... Am I not allowed to be upset about that? Or should I just not post about it?
Whoa whoa whoa. This is a safe space for the petty and the bitter. Bring me all your tired and salty...
Toto HAGS, don't ever change, we love you

toto1995

New

Post by toto1995 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:02 pm

BoyJord wrote:
toto1995 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.

Whoa whoa whoa. This is a safe space for the petty and the bitter. Bring me all your tired and salty...
lmao yeah I was surprised someone on THIS thread of all threads was coming at me for being too salty... awkward. I low key think I should get an award for being called the most bitter I'm really proud of myself
Last edited by toto1995 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:07 pm

mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.
No one here cares about being lighthearted or healthy, and we're all about being bitter and blame pushy sis!!!!! Love it or leave it, darling!! Your fave could never.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:22 pm

toto1995 wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
toto1995 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.

lmao yeah I was surprised someone on THIS thread of all threads was coming at me for being too salty... awkward.

I am also surprised! Move along dear, this thread ain't for you :!:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

toto1995

New

Post by toto1995 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.
No one here cares about being lighthearted or healthy, and we're all about being bitter and blame pushy sis!!!!! Love it or leave it, darling!! Your fave could never.
ily sib

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Y'all try it all the time with the "everyone is so salty" on this thread.

I hope not to end up at school with your bothered ass but if I do

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm

[quote="SybillAnnDorsett"]Y'all try it all the time with the "everyone is so salty" on this thread.

I hope not to end up at school with your bothered ass but if I do

LMFAO! YESSSSSSS! "Salty" is old af by the way, so early 2016 ....

BabyDoc2JD

New

Post by BabyDoc2JD » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:01 pm

toto1995 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:

1. introduce yourself

Fuck you guys.
ily sib
100% though so far only one ding to my name that would be U Chi. which to be honest I didn't want to dodge bullets for three years in addition to the cold. UCLA and Georgetown dinged me on money, but I wasn't going to law school if it wasn't a T14 anyway. Did I get arrogant in my application process, or was that there all the time, only my real friends know that answer and they won't tell me because I am too damn salty.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”