THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Diamond

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm

BruceBarr wrote:Dinged at OSU before I even applied. I sent in all my fee waiver info (fafsa, essay, etc.) and was kind enough to give them my "Why Wisconsin?" essay, and Wisconsin was so excited when they received my "Why Ohio State" essay. Wisconsin gave me the fee waiver and said it was no big deal. OSU sent me a package in the mail with a letter explaining why I'm an idiot. Seriously.

Ha... awkwaaard.
LOL! I hope OSU wasn't your favorite.

Post the letter.

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:Dinged at OSU before I even applied. I sent in all my fee waiver info (fafsa, essay, etc.) and was kind enough to give them my "Why Wisconsin?" essay, and Wisconsin was so excited when they received my "Why Ohio State" essay. Wisconsin gave me the fee waiver and said it was no big deal. OSU sent me a package in the mail with a letter explaining why I'm an idiot. Seriously.

Ha... awkwaaard.

Post the letter.
Oh man that is ridiculous!

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.

Post the letter.
omg.... yes what did this letter say! lol poor guy

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:17 pm

tram988 wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.
NO WAY!! What did OSU say???
They kindly highlighted where I wrote "Wisconsin" and went into depth about why I shouldn't receive a fee waiver because it would be "impossible to be sure" if I really wanted a fee waiver at their school because, after all, it said Wisconsin in a completely non-school-specific essay until the last sentence. The ridiculous part is that I sent it in an envelope specifically addressed to their school. So, it was obvious I just screwed up. They told me how if I meant their school, I can re-send a letter that says Ohio State (I couldn't just call) and re-send all of my information. They didn't want to keep it on file and have me call and confirm that I meant Ohio State.

Wisconsin... they didn't even care. I wasn't even contacted, just given the fee waiver.

And to make it all worse... maybe it's just me that thinks this is a dick move... but they sent it in a large "accepted" style envelope, when it could have easily have fit in a regular envelope (which is what I sent it in). So imagine my excitement when I saw a large OSU package in the mail.

They're fucking with me... So, being a Michigander, I was just reminded why I hate Ohio State.
Last edited by BruceBarr on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.
They kindly highlighted where I wrote "Wisconsin" and went into depth about why I shouldn't receive a fee waiver because it would be "impossible to be sure" if I really wanted a fee waiver at their school because, after all, it said Wisconsin in a completely non-school-specific essay until the last sentence. The ridiculous part is that I sent it in an envelope specifically addressed to their school. So, it was obvious I just screwed up. They told me how if I meant their school, I can re-send a letter that says Ohio State (I couldn't just call) and re-send all of my information. They didn't want to keep it on file and have me call and confirm that I meant Ohio State.

Wisconsin... they didn't even care. I wasn't even contacted, just given the fee waiver.

And to make it all worse... maybe it's just me that thinks this is a dick move... but they sent it in a large package "accepted" style envelope, when it could have easily have fit in a regular envelope (which is what I sent it in). So imagine my excitement when I saw a large OSU package in the mail.

They're fucking with me... So, being a Michigander, I was just reminded why I hate Ohio State.
Haha, hilarious! And, kinda ridiculous with the whole personalized letter. But hey, I guess they want to limit their losses?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.

And to make it all worse... maybe it's just me that thinks this is a dick move... but they sent it in a large package "accepted" style envelope, when it could have easily have fit in a regular envelope (which is what I sent it in). So imagine my excitement when I saw a large OSU package in the mail.

Haha, hilarious! And, kinda ridiculous with the whole personalized letter. But hey, I guess they want to limit their losses?
Yea... my fault in the end.

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:01 pm

hey BBarr, don't feel badly...it happens all the time. When I met with admissions recently, the asst. dean reminded us to double check our essays because every year they get this mistake several times. He was laughing when he said it, and I thought it would be mortifying for whoever did it. Then I came home and realized in the melee of papers and pdf files, I had almost switched out one myself. It's easy when you're bone tired from all the apps...you must have been sending out quite a few for this to happen! I think it's just mean that they sent you a response in a BIG ENVELOPE! They had to know that it would raise false hopes.

back on track, haven't heard a thing yet, but I'll report back here when I do. Can't wait.

And, fonzerelli! That was just unfair! Plus, I liked your tar, and your threads, Ding and Sing, rock!

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.

And to make it all worse... maybe it's just me that thinks this is a dick move... but they sent it in a large "accepted" style envelope, when it could have easily have fit in a regular envelope (which is what I sent it in). So imagine my excitement when I saw a large OSU package in the mail.

lulz

Oh, and plus for being a Michigander :D

gochrisgo

Bronze

Post by gochrisgo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:49 pm

_
Last edited by gochrisgo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OriginalPerson

New

Post by OriginalPerson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

gochrisgo wrote:ding at UVA (1/20/2010)

But hey, no matter.
Mr. Senior Assistant Dean, you have a flaw in your rejection letter:

"I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but..."

The communication was singularly formal; the method of communication was informal.

I would've liked if the communication were informal:

"Yo, biaaatch, what up? Sorry, Holmes, but we are REFUSING your ass. Smarts, don't it? Want your money back? Here ya go... PYSCHE!!! Go take a swig, delete this email, and get your shit in order because some school will take ya. Probably."
Ding Bar All Star material here... gochrigo gets that first swig free, on the house.

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Ding at University of Kentucky 1/25/10

- Lexington sucks
- I'm not a UK fan, unlike everyone else in the state
- Lexington sucks

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Ding at Cincinnati.

- Cincinnati? Who the hell wants to live, work, start a career in cincinnati?
- The Bengals suck.
- Your football team AND basketball always choke away the big game.
- Can you even point out Cincinnati on the map?
- I generally don't enjoy being (insert crime here: stabbed, shot, robbed, held up at gun point, etc.) hile walking to or from my law classes.

FuzzyKiwi

New

Post by FuzzyKiwi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 pm

waitlist at UCLA in December after applying ED.

Whatevs, since November I've decided I don't want to graduate law school with skin cancer, wearing UGGs (read: UGGs-ly) with a miniskirt in the middle of "winter", thinking Pinkberry is a food group.

Besides, I heard Tommy Trojan ate brown bears for his afternoon snacks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 pm

that's to bad Fuzzy, wait and see though. Maybe UCSD?

( love your cute tar!)

gochrisgo

Bronze

Post by gochrisgo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:50 pm

_
Last edited by gochrisgo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 pm

gochrisgo wrote:I don't want any deer falling on me while reading Con Law.
It would be epically ironic if it fell on you while you're reading for Torts.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 pm

OriginalPerson wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:ding at UVA (1/20/2010)

But hey, no matter.
Mr. Senior Assistant Dean, you have a flaw in your rejection letter:

"I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but..."

The communication was singularly formal; the method of communication was informal.

I would've liked if the communication were informal:

"Yo, biaaatch, what up? Sorry, Holmes, but we are REFUSING your ass. Smarts, don't it? Want your money back? Here ya go... PYSCHE!!! Go take a swig, delete this email, and get your shit in order because some school will take ya. Probably."
Ding Bar All Star material here... gochrigo gets that first swig free, on the house.
seconded.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:27 pm

A-Merican University. Dinged Last week. (thank you btw, I must have accidentally clicked "submit" instead of deleting the application) I thought I was applying to another American, George Washington.

I'll explain why I feel this way, WCL, American U, whatever your sponsorship makes you call yourselves these days.

First, as a nod to fellow TLS'ers, yes, your website is a study of 80's style programming. It defies logic that something sucking so bad digitally can, in turn, enhance how much it sucks in the analog world as well. It also sucks analogically, but that could just be coincidence.

Secondly, my figures were above your median but that's neither here nor there. (especially thankful it's not there) America, you dinged me - dinged by an American. I would feel like Iraq were it not for the fact you did me a favor by not tempting me with a bad decision simply because I like DC. However, I wouldn't like being unemployed in DC after you'd turn this silk tie into a sows ear. (nod to Scalia on this one)

I'll be taking this silk tie to my better (ranked and otherwise) options in less saturated legal markets.

TT you later, (as in your ranking in a few years)

Reasonable D.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Georgetown. Today.

I had the absense of mind to whore myself. Part-time AND Early Decision. Ass is still bleeding.

But...

Not too upset. In my life I've never thought or worried about terrorist attacks nor have I had to worry about whether or not a street is lit enough to walk down. Why should I start now? Also, the Eastern Seaboard can have itself. I'll come out of UGA or UNC with similar prospects anyways. Rejection just saved me 100k. Thanks Andrew Cornblatt.

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 pm

lawhawk wrote:Georgetown. Today.

I had the absense of mind to whore myself. Part-time AND Early Decision. Ass is still bleeding.

But...

Not too upset. In my life I've never thought or worried about terrorist attacks nor have I had to worry about whether or not a street is lit enough to walk down. Why should I start now? Also, the Eastern Seaboard can have itself. I'll come out of UGA or UNC with similar prospects anyways. Rejection just saved me 100k. Thanks Andrew Cornblatt.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
*covers mouth with closed fist*

"Georgetown you just got served....."

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Had to jump in on this thread.

UVA: Rejected, but it all good. I don't think I could live in a state where this was a law. http://www.dumblaws.com/law/948

Ohio State: Rejected, but I am not sure I could go to a school that has lost this many Bowl Games. Choke Artists.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 pm

cjgabbard wrote:Had to jump in on this thread.

UVA: Rejected, but it all good. I don't think I could live in a state where this was a law. http://www.dumblaws.com/law/948

Ohio State: Rejected, but I am not sure I could go to a school that has lost this many Bowl Games. Choke Artists.
How on earth does any UVA grad pass Character and Fitness then? (re: carnally knows by the anus)

1WingedAngel

New

Post by 1WingedAngel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 pm

BruceBarr wrote:

Ha... awkwaaard.

Wow, that's kind of hilarious regarding Ohio's part. Someone really anal and proud there has too much time on their hands. And it just made Wisconsin look even cooler.

It's okay, bruce, it happens all the time. Like most applicants, you probably have tons of applications/paperwork and the stress from getting everything in order was burning you out.

Anyway, dinged at Berkeley today. Last time I went to visited a friend there, it was cramped streets, cramped apartments, no parking, got randomly flipped off by a pedestrian, and the drivers are nuts (and that's coming from a SoCal resident!). I don't want that for 3 years.

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm gonna throw my G-town wait list in there. I know it's not technically a ding, but I think it's worse, because they're just insulting your intelligence. I got the one where they tell you you're waitlisted . . . and then they tell you there's a special priority waitlist . . . but you're not on that one, you're on the shit waitlist . . . it's such a blatant soft rejection, I'm just gonna put it here.

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.
bahahahahahha

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”