THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AdieuCali

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by AdieuCali » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:27 am

mrgstephe wrote:
I would ask who hurt you, but it's obvious that it was the entire state of California
Well and it's not just California anymore. NYU dinged me this morning at 2:30am. I'm tired of all these coastal liberal elite schools looking down their noses at us Joe six-pack lower T14 0Ls. This is why Trump won.

Daydreamer15

New

Post by Daydreamer15 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:10 am

Chicago,

While you are a Top American Institution and certainly locals recognize you as such, most of my peers abroad were shocked that I would want to obtain a degree from your School instead of applying to NU, which apparently is more prestigious than your Law School internationally.

I am no longer interested in defending your dignity...

Sincerely,
Heartbroken me

P.D.The Stanford System were you are only notified a decision has been made while you wait for the ding through snail mail is just inhumane...And since I live abroad I guess I will not formally get a decision until regular posts arrives in around two months... :cry:

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm

AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
I would ask who hurt you, but it's obvious that it was the entire state of California
Well and it's not just California anymore. NYU dinged me this morning at 2:30am. I'm tired of all these coastal liberal elite schools looking down their noses at us Joe six-pack lower T14 0Ls. This is why Trump won.
Damn, dude. You okay?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Daydreamer15 wrote:Chicago,

While you are a Top American Institution and certainly locals recognize you as such, most of my peers abroad were shocked that I would want to obtain a degree from your School instead of applying to NU, which apparently is more prestigious than your Law School internationally.

Sincerely,
Heartbroken me

P.D.The Stanford System were you are only notified a decision has been made while you wait for the ding through snail mail is just inhumane...And since I live abroad I guess I will not formally get a decision until regular posts arrives in around two months... :cry:
You do know you can call the admissions office once decision letter has been sent to ask what it is right?

And not to be the bearer of bad news, but typically (if you watch the Stanford thread) a decision letter sent w/out a call means a ding.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:28 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
Damn, dude. You okay?
I'm great! Just using the snarkiest possible interpretation for this board's mission to "retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table." Just so happens I got kicked off the whole West Coast.

I'd actually been considering a move to DC for a while and I'm super excited about UVA, even though I'm not that good at softball.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:32 pm

AdieuCali wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
Damn, dude. You okay?
I'm great! Just using the snarkiest possible interpretation for this board's mission to "retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table." Just so happens I got kicked off the whole West Coast.

I'd actually been considering a move to DC for a while and I'm super excited about UVA, even though I'm not that good at softball.
Wait DC and UVA aren't really that close haha

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
Damn, dude. You okay?

Man, let the guy have something to be happy about lol

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
Damn, dude. You okay?

Thanks for havin my back Litt! I should have said back to DC - I went to undergrad there. I'm actually bi-coastal, but I thought I was going to stay on the left one. UVA obviously has great placement in DC even though it's not commutable. Plus I heard some guy drained it and now they need new swamp creatures and I'm like "I'm your guy!"

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:10 pm

AdieuCali wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
AdieuCali wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
Damn, dude. You okay?

Thanks for havin my back Litt! I should have said back to DC - I went to undergrad there. I'm actually bi-coastal, but I thought I was going to stay on the left one. UVA obviously has great placement in DC even though it's not commutable. Plus I heard some guy drained it and now they need new swamp creatures and I'm like "I'm your guy!"

I don't believe in bicoastalism. I think you're just confused.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Smc1994 wrote: I don't believe in bicoastalism. I think you're just confused.
You sound just like my mother - always trying to set me up with the Midwest. I'm sorry mom, but Chicago and I have no chemistry!

Daydreamer15

New

Post by Daydreamer15 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:12 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
Daydreamer15 wrote:Chicago,

Sincerely,
Heartbroken me

You do know you can call the admissions office once decision letter has been sent to ask what it is right?

And not to be the bearer of bad news, but typically (if you watch the Stanford thread) a decision letter sent w/out a call means a ding.

Yeah tho the fact that I can call to ask doesnt make it less stressful. I do not that it is most likely a ding.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Last edited by shotgunheist on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 pm

UCLAme amiright

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Babe-Loblaw

New

Post by Babe-Loblaw » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Dinged at NYU. I didn't want to live in your crummy city anyways :(

mcdermontsam

New

Post by mcdermontsam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

Dear Stanford,

You said decision letter sent but didn't call me, so I guess I got rejected but that's ok. I don't wanna go to some "prestigious" law school that doesnt seem to know how email works anyways.

Sincerely,
A guy who was afraid of earthquakes and shit anyways

njdevils327

Bronze

Post by njdevils327 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Cornell,

You were my first heartbreak. My first denial. While it would've been great to your school, you simply weren't ready for how great a lawyer I will be someday. And I simply wasn't ready to live in 17 feet of snow from September to April every year, so we weren't right for each other anyway.

Sincerely,

A guy with severe seasonal affective disorder

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:17 pm

njdevils327 wrote:A guy with severe seasonal affective disorder
Sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:21 pm

mcdermontsam wrote:Dear Stanford,

You said decision letter sent but didn't call me, so I guess I got rejected but that's ok. I don't wanna go to some "prestigious" law school that doesnt seem to know how email works anyways.

Sincerely,
I have to say that I too received an electronic notification that my decision letter had been sent, followed by a hard copy rejection.

I know you may think, Stanford, that what you did was polite -- that it gave you the space you needed to provide a long-form, non-reject-y rejection and that your chosen transmission mode emphasized your formality, mystique, or stature. But I want to register that I found this form of interaction distasteful: You clearly have the infrastructure to instantly inform rejectees of their status (instead of letting them sit in anxiety), and instead you choose to waste our time, your own time, and your law school's dollars in order to send the decision by post.

snowball17

New

Post by snowball17 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:40 am

Last edited by snowball17 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:53 am

snowball17 wrote:Dearest Cornell,

I never wanted to live in a city with such a funny name anyways...good luck maintaining your LSAT median without me.

-Disgruntled splitter
Exactly Shithaca is trash.

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:39 pm

speedofthought wrote:

Sincerely,
I have to say that I too received an electronic notification that my decision letter had been sent, followed by a hard copy rejection.

I know you may think, Stanford, that what you did was polite -- that it gave you the space you needed to provide a long-form, non-reject-y rejection and that your chosen transmission mode emphasized your formality, mystique, or stature. But I want to register that I found this form of interaction distasteful: You clearly have the infrastructure to instantly inform rejectees of their status (instead of letting them sit in anxiety), and instead you choose to waste our time, your own time, and your law school's dollars in order to send the decision by post.
Sorry to hear guys :( if I may ask, when did you go complete/UR?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Post by The_Pluviophile » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Not a ding, but waitlisted at Northwestern today. They were also the only t-14 outside of HYS not to give me a fee waiver (what a waste of 70 bucks).

I'm not trying to get murdered anyway, so whatever.

Also, the Obama's aren't gonna be back for awhile, so who cares.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:54 pm

"I'm not trying to get murdered"

I peed a little.

barelyouthere

New

Post by barelyouthere » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Ty Ty Berkeley, glad I'm not gonna be around when the San Andreas fault line puts you in the water

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:02 pm

armc808 wrote:
speedofthought wrote:

Sincerely,

Sorry to hear guys :( if I may ask, when did you go complete/UR?
No worries. I'm not heartbroken and not surprised, I just found the transmission method irksome.

I went complete on November 9th. I never went under review separately, just DLS on February 2nd.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”