Schadenfreude Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockchalk86

Silver

Schadenfreude

Post by rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Schadenfreude: pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

I think this term applies perfectly to TLS. I know exactly how I feel when I check out a thread for a school that I have already been accepted to. It's this warm feeling that takes over because I know that a month ago I was in the same spot as these sad and frantic posters. They freak out over every little status change or twitter post whilst I am relaxing with a beer and thinking life is good (until 1L of course).

I don't mean to think this way, it just kinda happens. Of course I offer advice whenever I have something to add to the thread, but I still get this great feeling knowing that I am not you.

Anyone else experience this? Don't be ashamed either, it's just part of being human.

Ragged

Silver

Re: Schadenfreude

Post by Ragged » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm

I overall agree with you, but have not been accepted to any schools to really feel that yet.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Schadenfreude: pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

I think this term applies perfectly to TLS. I know exactly how I feel when I check out a thread for a school that I have already been accepted to. It's this warm feeling that takes over because I know that a month ago I was in the same spot as these sad and frantic posters. They freak out over every little status change or twitter post whilst I am relaxing with a beer and thinking life is good (until 1L of course).

I don't mean to think this way, it just kinda happens. Of course I offer advice whenever I have something to add to the thread, but I still get this great feeling knowing that I am not you.

Anyone else experience this? Don't be ashamed either, it's just part of being human.
this seems natural, although you should probably note that a great many of those about whom you feel this pleasure are actually being yield protected at the schools you've already gotten into. they may very well get into hys and end up feeling the same about you by the end of the cycle

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:48 pm

talibkweli wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Schadenfreude: pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

this seems natural, although you should probably note that a great many of those about whom you feel this pleasure are actually being yield protected at the schools you've already gotten into. they may very well get into hys and end up feeling the same about you by the end of the cycle
That's the beauty of it. While I feel this way reading one thread, I know other people will feel this way reading what I write in other threads. Sometimes even with relatively = schools. I'm in at Michigan, but I'm still frantic on the UVA and Penn threads.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

no

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”