UC Davis: Racial/Ethnic Identity Page on App. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CAHopeful

Bronze

UC Davis: Racial/Ethnic Identity Page on App.

Post by CAHopeful » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey all,

First time poster on TLS here, but long time lurker. I have a quick question about the UC Davis app. I've completed all parts electronically on LSAC, but when I preview the PDF package, the "Racial/Ethnic Identity" page is coming up blank despite the fact that I filled in all of my info. I know this page is optional and doesn't have any bearing on the ad. comm.'s evaluation of my app., but I don't mind submitting my ethnic info. to them for statistical purposes - and guess I just hate seeing that page left blank (semi-OCD, I know). Just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or if it's just me? Nonetheless, I'll submit in the next 24 hours with or without it.

Thanks!

finalaspects

Gold

Re: UC Davis: Racial/Ethnic Identity Page on App.

Post by finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 pm

wow... i didn't notice that but mine came up blank as well....

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Yep. I'm glad it's not just me. Oh well I guess? Ugh.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm

mine did the same. I called them, and they said it would show up on their end.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Hey all,

First time poster on TLS here, but long time lurker. I have a quick question about the UC Davis app. I've completed all parts electronically on LSAC, but when I preview the PDF package, the "Racial/Ethnic Identity" page is coming up blank despite the fact that I filled in all of my info. I know this page is optional and doesn't have any bearing on the ad. comm.'s evaluation of my app., but I don't mind submitting my ethnic info. to them for statistical purposes - and guess I just hate seeing that page left blank (semi-OCD, I know). Just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or if it's just me? Nonetheless, I'll submit in the next 24 hours with or without it.

Thanks!
In all actuality, it does have bearing on their decision, despite what CA law may be. But if you aren't URM, it won't make much difference. A blank page is a non-URM page as far as they are concerned.

I don't feel passionately either way, but check it out on lawschoolnumbers or a related site.
Last edited by You Gotta Have Faith on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 pm

It happened to me, not on Davis's app, but on Berkeley's. I think there's something screwed up with all of the UCs' race/identity pages. (Fortunately, it doesn't matter to me.)

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Shows up fine on my Davis app.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 pm

I submitted UCLA and Hastings with no issue like this. I think I might e-mail them and ask what to do, and also just to bring this to their attention?
Last edited by CAHopeful on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 am

Just FYI, in case anyone's still wondering about this. I did contact the admissions office, and they said they ask LSAC to mask the ethnicity information because the admission committee cannot consider race or ethnicity as part of the admission process. So there is nothing wrong. That would explain why it may happen on other UC apps, too.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 am

CAHopeful wrote:Just FYI, in case anyone's still wondering about this. I did contact the admissions office, and they said they ask LSAC to mask the ethnicity information because the admission committee cannot consider race or ethnicity as part of the admission process. So there is nothing wrong. That would explain why it may happen on other UC apps, too.
Huh, very interesting. I wonder if that is indicative of Davis in particular. It showed up on all my UC apps. But that was last year... and I didn't even end up in CA anyway since the other options were a better personal fit. And I digress.

In any case, good luck on your Davis app! (and of course all the others)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”