Can I resell my LSAT prep books? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eburn1131

New

Can I resell my LSAT prep books?

Post by eburn1131 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:01 am

I bought LSATMax books and didn't use them (I just studied with the online sources). Am I allowed to resell these? Does this violate rules with LSATMax? Does anyone know anything about this?
Also, if I can sell them, where is the best place to try to do that?
Thanks!!

babyxmarine

New

Re: Can I resell my LSAT prep books?

Post by babyxmarine » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 pm

eburn1131 wrote:I bought LSATMax books and didn't use them (I just studied with the online sources). Am I allowed to resell these? Does this violate rules with LSATMax? Does anyone know anything about this?
Also, if I can sell them, where is the best place to try to do that?
Thanks!!
hey sell it on LetGo
i dont know the rules about LSATMax but I'm sure you can sell them.

LetGo, ebay, poshmark, theres alot of sites nowadays that you can sell secondhand stuff

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:17 pm

babyxmarine wrote: i dont know the rules about LSATMax but I'm sure you can sell them.
An impeccable beginning to your legal career.

babyxmarine

New

Post by babyxmarine » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm

albanach wrote:
babyxmarine wrote: i dont know the rules about LSATMax but I'm sure you can sell them.
:roll: What are you implying?

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:53 pm

babyxmarine wrote:
albanach wrote:
If you don't know the rules, it's probably best not to give advice. Based on the facts as presented, no one knows whether OP owns the books or has a license to use them until the end of their course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

babyxmarine

New

Post by babyxmarine » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:15 pm

albanach wrote:
babyxmarine wrote:
albanach wrote:
If you don't know the rules, it's probably best not to give advice. Based on the facts as presented, no one knows whether OP owns the books or has a license to use them until the end of their course.
I gave her sites to site to sell unwanted items. Now, what i was trying to imply was even the books were bought then OP should be able to re-sell them but lke i stated, im not certain of the rules. Which then would indiciate that OP should probably google or contact LSATMax customer service.

For you, you could have literally just said that instead of your previous post that came off as patronizing...
Not upset but I thought you should know how you can come off to people :)

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:36 pm

babyxmarine wrote: For you, you could have literally just said that instead of your previous post that came off as patronizing...
Not upset but I thought you should know how you can come off to people :)
Here's my speculation as to why no-one else chimed in to help OP. Those of us that are lawyers don't hand out legal advice (a) over the internet to strangers and (b) without knowing all the facts. There's a real danger that OP could claim they were your client and then, if LSATMax bite them, make a claim against 'their lawyer'. Non-lawyers are probably hesitant to answer because they too recognize they are not in possession of all the facts, and would not want to risk engaging in the unauthorized practice of law.

I attempted to communicate this succinctly by quoting your line where you said in one sentence that you did not know the rules but were sure of the outcome. I'm sorry if you found my reply patronizing - that wasn't my intent. I was trying to pithily communicate the problem to you and OP - no one can help because we lack the facts and at the same time draw your attention to the two issues I've broken out above.

Sure, I could have spent more time - as I have just now - but I already devote countless hours to trying to help people on these forums. I think my posting history speaks for itself.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”