Learning Logical Reasoning Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawguy999

New

Learning Logical Reasoning

Post by lawguy999 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 am

So, things going well w Logic Games, so I moved on to Logical Reasoning. While the Bible is certainly helpful, it just seems not to click for me, for some reason. I ordered several other books on Amazon yesterday, but I figured I’d ask here. What resources other than Bible night help me? I’m more than willing to (and I think it would be best for my learning style) go into great depth with each type of question, to try and drill them and learn. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: Learning Logical Reasoning

Post by LSATWiz.com » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 pm

lawguy999 wrote:So, things going well w Logic Games, so I moved on to Logical Reasoning. While the Bible is certainly helpful, it just seems not to click for me, for some reason. I ordered several other books on Amazon yesterday, but I figured I’d ask here. What resources other than Bible night help me? I’m more than willing to (and I think it would be best for my learning style) go into great depth with each type of question, to try and drill them and learn. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
You can search some guides I released here. I think Powerscore does LG much better than LR (personally). On LR, I strongly recommend starting with structural questions - conclusion, role of statement, and method of argument q's. The reason for this is you aren't supposed to read the questions so much as break-down the logic in arguments. For your purposes everything is either (1) opinion, (2) supporting fact/supporting opinion used as fact, and (3) opposing fact/opinion. By becoming an expert at spotting conclusions, you can immediately start thinking, "what is the evidence supporting this opinion? If I made this argument, which of these facts would I rely on?" This is essentially how you're expected to think on assumption, flaw, strengthen, weaken, and justify with the principle questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”