Advice regarding lsat and full time job offer? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
t150orBust

New

Advice regarding lsat and full time job offer?

Post by t150orBust » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 am

Prospective law applicant (not applying this cycle, likely next) and I recently interviewed at a firm for a paralegal spot. I had gotten no interviews or offers up until this point, but this firm reached out and offered me the job right away. One of the requirements of the job is pretty wild hours -- like working until ~10:00pm regularly. The problem is that I still have to take the lsat, and they want me to start right away. My intention was always to take this summer to get my lsat out of the way and have a job by the fall, but Im not sure this is doable working in this position. I would essentially have weekends to prepare in the lead up to the july, and, if necessary, september tests. Still PTing around 170 and need 173+ (debt averse splitter biglaw goals). Feel like if I take this position, and start this week, I will throw out any chance I have of getting the LSAT score I need by July, and probably by september as well. Are these valid concerns? Would I be a madman not to take a sure job when i've gotten no offers/interviews anywhere else? Is putting off LSAT prep indefinitely a bad idea? Any insight much appreciated.

QContinuum

Re: Advice regarding lsat and full time job offer?

Post by QContinuum » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:03 pm

If you're consistently PTing at 170, it doesn't sound like you need a lot of additional prep. Going from 170 to 173 will mostly be a matter of optimizing your performance around the edges, and luck on exam day. So long as you will have weekends to prep, I think you will do just fine.

(My advice would be very different if you were, say, looking to go from the low 160s to 173.)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”