2016 version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
qiranger

New

2016 version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy

Post by qiranger » Tue May 28, 2019 2:30 am

my sister recently gave me the The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy which are the 2016 version. I am just wondering are these any good still? Or do i need to buy the newest version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy?

Can someone please let me know if The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy 2016 version is still good to use for a primary study tool?

Or has the LSAT changed too much, and are the books too dated?

HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Re: 2016 version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:50 am

qiranger wrote:my sister recently gave me the The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy which are the 2016 version. I am just wondering are these any good still? Or do i need to buy the newest version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy?

Can someone please let me know if The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy 2016 version is still good to use for a primary study tool?

I'm currently preparing for the LSAT, but I own the 2016 and 2018 Logic Games Bibles. There are no noticeable differences between them.

I do not know if the same applies to the Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension Bibles, as I only own the 2018 versions and therefore have no means of drawing a comparison.

Edit: I'm confused. I just checked your previous posts, and you said you were a rising 2L at Cornell many years ago. What reason do you have for reading the LSAT Bibles?

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed May 29, 2019 11:39 am

enz2103 wrote:
qiranger wrote:my sister recently gave me the The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy which are the 2016 version. I am just wondering are these any good still? Or do i need to buy the newest version of The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy?

I'm currently preparing for the LSAT, but I own the 2016 and 2018 Logic Games Bibles. There are no noticeable differences between them.

I do not know if the same applies to the Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension Bibles, as I only own the 2018 versions and therefore have no means of drawing a comparison.

Edit: I'm confused. I just checked your previous posts, and you said you were a rising 2L at Cornell many years ago. What reason do you have for reading the LSAT Bibles?
If you read the rest of the posting history, there is some stuff about major depression and if there's a manic component, in my experience with individuals with such mental conditions, it could be OP's rising 2L status reflects an idealized version of themselves rather than an actual one. It could be healthy insofar as helping them set and realize goals, but probably a poor choice if it leads to others relying on them for advice.

Regarding changing it year to year, I think the fact that Powerscore goes out of its way to make it very difficult to acquire previous versions is itself solid evidence that there are no noticeable differences between them - they don't want to saturate the market with previous versions because it would depreciate the value of newer versions.

PowerScoreAdmin

New

Post by PowerScoreAdmin » Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks for asking! Similar questions come up often, for instance this thread on Reddit from a few days ago, to which the author of the Bibles responded:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/ ... owerscore/

It's not as much about the test itself changing (although there certainly are minor changes to the test that we address) as much as it is that we make adjustments and expand the books every year. So the books you have aren't wrong, they're just not as good as more recent editions.

You can read more about the changes from year to year, and why we make changes here:

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... -editions/

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... s-part-ii/

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... updates-0/

I hope this helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”