LSAT Waitlist Guangzhou Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

LSAT Waitlist Guangzhou

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 am

I recently registered for the LSAT here in Guangzhou, China. Unfortunately, I completed registration one week before the deadline, and LSAC said the center nearby was full. Consequently, I was placed on a waiting list.

This is not the US, so the threads relating to US waiting lists are mostly irrelevant to me. I found one thread on TLS and one on Reddit, but both were a few years old, and neither person updated their thread with what ultimately ended up happening. Also, I contacted LSAC, and their response was basically, 'we'll try to place you locally, so keep an eye on your email.'

Does anybody have experience being waitlisted at a testing center abroad? What was the outcome?

AJordan

Silver

Re: LSAT Waitlist Guangzhou

Post by AJordan » Thu May 09, 2019 5:53 am

Not China specific, but I had a client who was waitlisted for a foreign center who got the email literally the day before the test that a slot was available. So, it kind of sucks, but LSAC will keep you on the line for this until literally the day before the test in my experience.

HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Re: LSAT Waitlist Guangzhou

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 pm

AJordan wrote:Not China specific, but I had a client who was waitlisted for a foreign center who got the email literally the day before the test that a slot was available. So, it kind of sucks, but LSAC will keep you on the line for this until literally the day before the test in my experience.
Damn. That isn't particularly encouraging, but I appreciate the response.

Anybody else have similar experiences or (preferably) different ones?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”