LSAT Diagnostic Projection Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kidkasparov123

New

LSAT Diagnostic Projection

Post by kidkasparov123 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Studied for about a week before taking this diagnostic. 159 LSAT on the June 2007 test. Breakdown below:

-4.5 (average) on LR, -9 LG, -6 RC.

I have about 5 months to study. Can I realistically break 170?

Blueprint LSAT

Re: LSAT Diagnostic Projection

Post by Blueprint LSAT » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:13 pm

That is a reasonable goal as long as you have the time during that five months to commit to a focused and methodical approach. Even if you have other things going on in your life, try to hold yourself to a regular study schedule. Students in our courses regularly achieve that sort of increase, but you have to apply yourself. 170 is nearing the top end of the bell curve and It is possible to work really hard and not get anywhere depending on how you are studying. To crack the top end of the bell curve you need to break the test down and understand it, then drill until you can apply that knowledge at speed. Your instincts are good if your diagnostic was a 159, but to hit 170 and above you will need to replace them with something better not just augment them. That takes effort + a well designed approach. You will want to look at the various prep materials available to see what fits your style of learning and budget best. You may want to consider a prep course like ours, but you can also find a lot of free resources out there both on this site and elsewhere. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have as you get started and I'm sure the other students, tutors and instructors on this forum will be happy to as well

Andrew McDonald, Blueprint Instructor

LimitlessSAT

New

Re: LSAT Diagnostic Projection

Post by LimitlessSAT » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 pm

I got a 157 diagnostic and scored 173 on test day after 3 months of studying for 4-8 hours a day, so it's probably realistic for you too. Happy to chat in more detail if you'd find it helpful.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”