Starting Junior year at 27 y/o — Too early to prep for LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
platetoe

New

Starting Junior year at 27 y/o — Too early to prep for LSAT?

Post by platetoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 am

As the title suggests, I’m somewhat of a non-traditional. First gen student, 27 y/o currently enrolled at a midwestern research university sitting at 63+ credits with a major intent of History and Psych — the latter was covering PA school prereqs in an earlier life. Community college cGPA was 2.81. Work history is majority healthcare (no RN) so end goals would be something like healthcare policy, general counsel, NGO or think tank, etc. No way am I biglaw or bust. Mostly just trying to maintain comfort in a relatively reasonable COL area.

Only real sort of PT i’ve taken so far was the Khan Academy LSAT prep with loose time limits. I scored an embarrassing 143 after pushing through it one night without any actual prep for the test itself or testing environment. The process behind logic games was completely new to me so that ended up being my lowest scoring section — reasoning and reading were decent, not sure of exact stats right now.

I don’t mind staying in the midwest to practice so that is why my end goal would be a consistent 155+ to open up $$$ for public schools (MSU) and possibly some for higher ranked programs, such as Pitt and Norte Dame.

While I know my post is pretty open ended, does anyone have suggestions on what I should be focusing on at the moment? Should i put the LSAT on the back burner until next Spring and focus on UG? Look into clocking volunteer hours at clinics? Or do I continue to rely on PT’s once a month for the next 6+ months? I don’t really want to take any more gap years after graduation so i’m looking at an end date for UG around late 2020. If possible, would like to have an admission and start LS in 1Q of 2022 at the very latest. Thanks in advance, TLS.

Npret

Gold

Re: Starting Junior year at 27 y/o — Too early to prep for LSAT?

Post by Npret » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:07 pm

Worry about your GPA. Forget volunteering. Study for the LSAT if it won’t impact your GPA

platetoe

New

Re: Starting Junior year at 27 y/o — Too early to prep for LSAT?

Post by platetoe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am

Npret wrote:Worry about your GPA. Forget volunteering. Study for the LSAT if it won’t impact your GPA
Thanks, Npret. I browsed a few other threads and you’re right that cGPA seems to be the general concensous. I’ll continue to do PT’s over breaks and such to not interfere with school. I’ll keep TLS updated

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”