How long does it take to grasp logic games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dropout

New

How long does it take to grasp logic games

Post by dropout » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:00 am

I plan on spending 2 hours a day working through the logic games bible. Then I will spend 2 hours a day completing and reviewing 2-3 timed logic game sections in practice tests a day. Right now i have a basic knowledge of diagramming from what i remember when i took the lsat years and years ago, but i still get around -10. My goal is a -5. How long should this take? Is this a good strategy?

Blueprint LSAT

Re: How long does it take to grasp logic games

Post by Blueprint LSAT » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Can I ask whether that -10 number comes from sections where you are getting to all four games and just missing 10, or from sections where you are getting to 2-3 games and guessing on the remaining questions?

In my experience it is possible for students to improve in the time-frame and with the time-commitment you are talking about, but it depends on where they start from and how they prepare. You could also put in a lot more time than that and end up spinning your wheels and never getting anywhere if you don't take the right approach.

The first step is figuring out how to approach the games better, then once you are on a good path it becomes all about exposure to lots of games and just building a knowledge base and muscle memory that will allow you to adapt to any curveballs and efficiently tackle the games you get on the day of the exam. You can't really skip either step.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”