Cheapest LSAT Materials? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lj6711297

New

Cheapest LSAT Materials?

Post by lj6711297 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey everyone,

I have decided to retake the LSAT in January. Scored 170's on last 5/6 practice test, but got a 165 on the September test, so I've decided to retake in January. Used Kaplan LSAT class in the summer and retook it for free to keep the online materials open until the September test. Now, I have no LSAT materials besides the books they sent me. I was wondering what is the cheapest way to get access to all the past LSATs and any other study materials?

Side note: I already sent in my applications for this cycle and have gotten back some accepts. Was planning on signing up for the Jan. LSAT soon and then notifying the schools I haven't heard back from that I will be retaking and hold my application until my new score comes in. This should work, right?

lj6711297

New

Re: Cheapest LSAT Materials?

Post by lj6711297 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Quick update, Kaplan would allow me to repurchase all the online materials for 400. Is this worth it?

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Being you already are in the mid-160s, most of your prep will be full tests.

I normally recommend that students work with a book that breaks down questions by type, and has answer explanations to hit on weak areas. That said, if you're at the point that you can identify why an answer is wrong, then you should be fine with full tests. Buy the most recent 3 books of 10 on Amazon for $75, and prep tests 83-85. That will set you back $109, much less than $400.

You may also be able to negotiate a lower rate with Kaplan. Keep 3 things in mind:

1.) Odds are, their contract with LSAC is for a flat fee so they don't lose anything by having you stay on.
2.) If (1) is correct, any amount you pay them is 100% profit as opposed to a class (requires them to pay a teacher + class space)
3.) You can give them a yelp review, which adds add'l value.

lj6711297

New

Post by lj6711297 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Yeah that would be much cheaper.

As for the scoring, I feel confident about breaking down mosts questions, not all. Obviously, a breakdown of each question would be nice, but I don't know how much that is worth (in terms of money). From taking the Kaplan course though, I kinda felt like it was designed for the masses (as it should be) to take a student maybe starting below 150 and get them in the 160s. Many times they would promote skipping questions and only doing portions of sections. Decent idea to crack 160s but not so hot to get in the 170s.

Would most people agree taking a lot full length length LSATs and analyzing them on your own would boost someone to the 170s?

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:45 am

lj6711297 wrote:Yeah that would be much cheaper.

As for the scoring, I feel confident about breaking down mosts questions, not all. Obviously, a breakdown of each question would be nice, but I don't know how much that is worth (in terms of money). From taking the Kaplan course though, I kinda felt like it was designed for the masses (as it should be) to take a student maybe starting below 150 and get them in the 160s. Many times they would promote skipping questions and only doing portions of sections. Decent idea to crack 160s but not so hot to get in the 170s.

Would most people agree taking a lot full length length LSATs and analyzing them on your own would boost someone to the 170s?
A book that breaks the test into question type, ranked by difficulty and provides answer explanations would be useful as well. Various prep test companies release these, but I'm not going to recommend or discourage use of any other company's materials for IP-related reasons. My answers on the LSAT are always right. If you have doubts, research my company and my reputation. Best of luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

foxsshadow

New

Post by foxsshadow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Mine for your consideration. Aug 2017 version. should be perfectly okay to use. All in almost new condition as I use a separate answer sheet when studying.

7 sage LSAT: $50
Kaplan LSAT: $50
ExamKrackers: $50

scottamazon05@gmail.com

LeonardHaggin

New

Post by LeonardHaggin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 am

Here's my choice:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg
What do you think?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!