165 on June LSAT-> 165 on Nov LSAT: Should I Retake Again? Worth it? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Seamus5

New

165 on June LSAT-> 165 on Nov LSAT: Should I Retake Again? Worth it?

Post by Seamus5 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello,

So I just received my November LSAT score back and I am pretty disappointed: I got a 165, again. I took the LSAT for the first time and scored a 165 on the June 2018 administration.

Now, part of the reason I am pretty disappointed is because I felt really good about the November test and spent months studying (mostly 7Sage). So this has me thinking: Is it worth taking it again in the Spring (to try to increase scholarships) or should I just accept 165 is my limit? I'm guessing it would look bad to have three LSATs all with the score of 165.

For more info, I have a 3.9+ GPA. The breakdown of November's test is:
-0 LG
-2 LR Section
-7 LR (all these were Question 16 and onward. I've never done so poorly before on a LR section. I don't know what happened.)
-8 RC (again, I've never done so poorly before on a RC section..)

My normal practice test score was a 169 and BR was a 174. Should I give it another go or just accept the 165 as a good indication of my ability? Is 3 times taking the LSAT too much? I know if I retake I need to do something about RC. Thanks for your help and congratulations to everyone who did well on the November administration!

Dcc617

Gold

Re: 165 on June LSAT-> 165 on Nov LSAT: Should I Retake Again? Worth it?

Post by Dcc617 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Seamus5 wrote:Hello,

So I just received my November LSAT score back and I am pretty disappointed: I got a 165, again. I took the LSAT for the first time and scored a 165 on the June 2018 administration.

Now, part of the reason I am pretty disappointed is because I felt really good about the November test and spent months studying (mostly 7Sage). So this has me thinking: Is it worth taking it again in the Spring (to try to increase scholarships) or should I just accept 165 is my limit? I'm guessing it would look bad to have three LSATs all with the score of 165.

For more info, I have a 3.9+ GPA. The breakdown of November's test is:
-0 LG
-2 LR Section
-7 LR (all these were Question 16 and onward. I've never done so poorly before on a LR section. I don't know what happened.)
-8 RC (again, I've never done so poorly before on a RC section..)

My normal practice test score was a 169 and BR was a 174. Should I give it another go or just accept the 165 as a good indication of my ability? Is 3 times taking the LSAT too much? I know if I retake I need to do something about RC. Thanks for your help and congratulations to everyone who did well on the November administration!
You can take it unlimited times. Schools only care about the highest score. You scored substantially below your average. This is a no brainer retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”