Should I retake in November?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolhopeful440

New

Should I retake in November??

Post by lawschoolhopeful440 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 am

Alright, so first of all I took the September LSAT and got a 154. Also, my GPA is a 3.89. Beforehand, I had been averaging around 157-159. I attribute my lower score probably to nerves but ultimately, I am not really sure what happened. I was wondering if I should retake the LSAT in November? The only problem is that I am in classes right now and I don't really have much time to study and I haven't really looked at anything since early September so I am already pretty rusty I would assume. My fear is that I take it again and do worse, which wouldn't really look all that great to admissions. If anybody has any advice please let me know, I am pretty lost as of what I want to do at the moment. Thank you all so much!!

QContinuum

Re: Should I retake in November??

Post by QContinuum » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Don't waste your terrific 3.89 GPA on a sub-160 LSAT. Get your LSAT up at least past 165 (preferably at least 167+) and the doors will open for you. If it comes to it, I'd even plump for delaying a year to make sure you maximize your LSAT score. This could literally mean the difference between attending a T13/T20 or a second/third-tier law school - could also make the difference between paying full freight for law school and getting substantial scholly $, depending on how far up you get your LSAT (I'd say at least 170+ for substantial $ at the leading schools).

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Agree with the above. Get your LSAT score up. Even hire a private tutor if you have to and spend the $3-5k getting that 167+ LSAT score. I'll be worth it when you get into a t13 school because of it with scholarship money.

That $3-5k spent now could save you over $1000k in student loan debt.

Redrobbin2018

New

Post by Redrobbin2018 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:Agree with the above. Get your LSAT score up. Even hire a private tutor if you have to and spend the $3-5k getting that 167+ LSAT score. I'll be worth it when you get into a t13 school because of it with scholarship money.

That $3-5k spent now could save you over $1000k in student loan debt.
Yes! I spent 3k on a course that increased my score from high 150 to 166. 20k/yr at CCN. Big law lined up. Honestly, the resources on this site didn't work for me, though they are a tremendous source for some.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”