has anyone been able to improve their logical reasoning score significantly from a diagnostic in the upper 160s? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
anpaking

New

has anyone been able to improve their logical reasoning score significantly from a diagnostic in the upper 160s?

Post by anpaking » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm

I’ve taken some diagnostic tests and on the logical reasoning sections I scored around -4, to -2 per section. I’ve heard logical reasoning and reading comprehension are the hardest sections to improve on. Has anyone been able to improve their logical reasoning score significantly from around where I’m starting, or do most people only really improve on the logic games?

anpaking

New

Re: has anyone been able to improve their logical reasoning score significantly from a diagnostic in the upper 160s?

Post by anpaking » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 pm

To clarify, my overall diagnostic score was not in the upper 160s. The logic games section pulled it down significantly.

SuperSplitter18

New

Re: has anyone been able to improve their logical reasoning score significantly from a diagnostic in the upper 160s?

Post by SuperSplitter18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:14 am

I was able to go from -4 a LR section to -.5 a section through practice tests and review.

paradiselost9

New

Post by paradiselost9 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 pm

yeah. consider joining the 7sage community. it could improve your score, and you can meet tons of other people who are struggling to significantly improve their lr diagnostic score (and will meet some who have overcome the struggle and succeeded). idk the chances of finding someone who matches with your exact diag #s though?

prasadarya

New

Post by prasadarya » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 am

There's really only one way to improve your logical reasoning capabilities, and that is to understand the basic concepts involved. While most of us do have some inherent logical reasoning skills - acquired inductively in discussions over the years, there is no substitute for learning the basic concepts: Inductive arguments, deductive arguments and causal reasoning. I am not sure whether understanding fallacies and rhetorical devices is of help for the exam or not, but from a reasoning perspective, it is absolutely essential. There are many resources out there to learn the concepts, but maybe a good starting point could be: Khan Academy for online training in logical reasoning - they are simple and good for a start.
Disclaimer: I am not familiar with LSAT tests, but if they questions have any remote similarity to GMAT and GRE testing, then the suggestions above hold good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”