Missbubbled LSAT. Cancel? Any hope for remedy? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Whereispepesilvia

New

Missbubbled LSAT. Cancel? Any hope for remedy?

Post by Whereispepesilvia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Today was my 4th take (167,168, 169) and what I felt was going to be my best. I PT Mid 170s and it is particularly important as a splitter. I noticed as section 5 was ending that my RC only had 26 bubbled. I looked back briefly and saw 27's answer I had circled on the book was in 26 and 27 was blank. Essentially, I missed a row somewhere, but I am not sure whether it was in the last 2 or through 3 whole passages. I felt confident today would be my best score before I saw this, but now it has potential to be a far worst if I mis bubbled a lot.

Should I cancel, or let it ride even though my last could be my lowest unless I take again in November and hold off applying. I have found about 2 forum links saying the LSAC will correct this one off mis bubbling if the patter obviously fits the correct answers. Not sure to the truth of this or that LSAC would provide that compassion. Would really appreciate any input .

orion

New

Re: Missbubbled LSAT. Cancel? Any hope for remedy?

Post by orion » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:52 am

Well you can take the test as many times as you want, and most schools only care for the highest score. I'd just let it ride.

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Well, you have absolutely nothing to gain here from canceling, so just wait and see.

The_TLS_Shill

New

Post by The_TLS_Shill » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:48 pm

I made a significant bubbling error and it cost me, but I retook and scored higher the next time.
It sounds like you should just keep prepped up so you can take the next test. You already know you can kill the test so just relax about it. If you take it again then so be it. You will do fine either this time or the next. On the good side, you have a score that allows you to throw out an application to almost any school and you can update them throughout the cycle on your score.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Whereispepesilvia wrote: Should I cancel, or let it ride even though my last could be my lowest unless I take again in November and hold off applying. I have found about 2 forum links saying the LSAC will correct this one off mis bubbling if the patter obviously fits the correct answers. Not sure to the truth of this or that LSAC would provide that compassion. Would really appreciate any input .
You could pay for hand scoring and have a shot at LSAC correcting the mis-bubbled section. $100 is probably worth a shot at not having to retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”